Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fucker posted:

Witty Insulter
Creature - Devil Citizen
Alliance - Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, Witty Insulter deals 1 damage to each opponent.

This should be a 1/1 for R and be called like Soul Smasher.

e: and be a goblin.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm gonna be playing a bunch of W/R tokens with that and Wedding Invitation

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

cool

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

i think this is the best weird hybrid color threedrop shown and will probably see play

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

A big flaming stink posted:

i think this is the best weird hybrid color threedrop shown and will probably see play

I like hybrid cards. I like flexibility. Cards like this are rarely good as its kind of bad on its own, but if your deck already makes a lot of tokens its a good inclusion.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

nvm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Interesting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Instant

This spell can't be countered.

Destroy target nonland permanent.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

If you're making 1/1 tokens (the most common type), and the creature type isn't important, this is basically a permanent anthem for tokens on a 3-drop. Unless you're making flying tokens.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Instant

This spell can't be countered.

Destroy target nonland permanent.

This is expensive, but honestly reads as pretty good. Especially in the control mirror in things like modern where T3feri resolving sort of ends the game for the player that doesn't have one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

The card itself isn't worth mentioning, but the art totally has a dick in it

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

A Moose posted:

If you're making 1/1 tokens (the most common type), and the creature type isn't important, this is basically a permanent anthem for tokens on a 3-drop. Unless you're making flying tokens.

Also turns your non-creature tokens into creatures, if I'm reading it right!
Turning excess treasure or blood tokens into critters seems worth a look.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Rin and Seri + Aluren + any of the self-bouncing cats = infinite dogs. Add this and I get infinite 2/2 hasty cats! :catdrugs:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Park Heights Pegasus - GW

Creature - Pegasus (Rare)

Flying, Trample

Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, draw a card if two or more creatures entered the battlefield under your control this turn.

2/1

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Cunning Receiver - WU
Creature - Human Citizen

When Cunning Receiver enters the battlefield choose a nonland permanent.

Abilities of the permanent chosen can't be activated.

Cunning Receiver has all the activated abilities of the chosen permanent, except for loyalty abilities. You can spend mana as if it was of any color to activate these abilities.

2/3

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
This just in from the junk rare news desk: another Patchwork Crawler has hit the format.

Although I haven't been checking abilities of non-creatures.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wooper posted:

This just in from the junk rare news desk: another Patchwork Crawler has hit the format.

Although I haven't been checking abilities of non-creatures.

Correction: Two Patchwork Crawlers (sort of)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Cunning Receiver - WU
Creature - Human Citizen

Cunning Receiver has all the activated abilities of the chosen permanent, except for loyalty abilities. You can spend mana as if it was of any color to activate these abilities.

2/3

What happens when you reconfigure this onto a creature? (for no benefit)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

resistentialism posted:

*Dude climbing on top of you* “It’s cool I’m a monkey lol”

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

resistentialism posted:

Nothing.
Only Auras, Equipments, and Fortifications can be attached to a permanent. 701.3b

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

baleful strix's rotund cousin

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So spoiler season has done something weird to Wargate;

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So spoiler season has done something weird to Wargate;

I think it’s in that meme lotus bloom deck with Tameshi that has been picking up a bunch of steam recently.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finally trombonist representation

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Fucker posted:

Witty Insulter
Creature - Devil Citizen
Alliance - Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, Witty Insulter deals 1 damage to each opponent.

Read this three times because the fact that it doesn't say "non-token creature" is very very surprising. Even at 3 CMC this could do some serious work in the right deck.

Interesting incentives for self-mill/delirium decks.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Cunning Receiver - WU
Creature - Human Citizen

2/3

Both of these seem very good, I'd be very surprised if both of them don't see play somewhere.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Finally trombonist representation

lol the theme to this set actually rules

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
I remember when Mark would always be like 'sorry it's just so hard to show non-violent emotions on red cards' so I'm pleased they've split the difference and decided to have trombones that shoot lightning and poo poo

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1513900688660701191?t=1uLnOTxBYODFnTiKMk7sag&s=19

So how long until this gets banned and in how many formats? This makes Revel in Riches easy to pull off.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1513900688660701191?t=1uLnOTxBYODFnTiKMk7sag&s=19

So how long until this gets banned and in how many formats? This makes Revel in Riches easy to pull off.

For 6 mana? Who cares lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I dunno, if you can play a 5 mana do nothing enchantment and then a 6 mana one, then go another full round to make all the treasure tokens to win on your upkeep after that you probably deserve to win?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Just Negate it lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

If it cost like.. one or two mana it'd be pretty busted. At 6 I don't even think it'd see play in any format other than commander or something?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Maybe fits a reasonable standard deck where your goldspan dragon lives for 2 attacks, leaving you with ~8 mana after you play it.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Maybe hideaway will help the big mana stuff do nothing a few turns earlier

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Just Negate it lol

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Smuggler's Stash Real Hahahaha Just Negate It Haha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Smuggler's Stash Real Hahahaha Just Negate It Haha

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

SNC is going to make my Shorikai deck a loving monster.

Well, a bigger monster.