Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Iron Crowned posted:

That's because, much like my parents when I was growing up, they don't heat their shells in the oven.

Wait, this is a thing? I've been doing it wrong this whole time?!

How long at what temp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How long at what temp?

Hard shell packages tell you to heat them up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How long at what temp?

baking the shells is a life-changer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I couldn't imagine not baking the shells but they still break super easy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

I couldn't imagine not baking the shells but they still break super easy

I don't know, when I started baking the shells they didn't immediately shatter into 1000 pieces like they did when they were raw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You eat three hard shell tacos, then you have a plate of taco salad.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You eat three hard shell tacos, then you have a plate of taco salad.

:lol: that you only eat three tacos.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Just wrap a flour tortilla with some bean dip around the hard shell and everything stays in place

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

X JAKK posted:

Just wrap a flour tortilla with some bean dip around the hard shell and everything stays in place

Look at Mr Fancy guy with his home grown artisanal taco bell.

naem
May 29, 2011

X JAKK posted:

https://youtu.be/evUWersr7pc

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Peggy not reading the box and going off what she thinks is best is pretty in character. Especially anything Spanish or Mexican related.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/kothscreens/status/1513597538909130756?t=0L1tX17uN1Cogesn2fxhbg&s=19

The mere sight of this screenshot had me cackling. It took me a while but I realized I uncoincusly partially based my current D&D character off of Peggy and it's made playing him so much more fun.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bobjr posted:

Peggy not reading the box and going off what she thinks is best is pretty in character. Especially anything Spanish or Mexican related.

I was going to say that Tacos being "mexican", but not being able to be pronounced with some heavily rolled Rs or an X thats said like H or whatever the gently caress Peggy would definitely not know what to do with it, or how to make them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Detective No. 27 posted:

The mere sight of this screenshot had me cackling. It took me a while but I realized I uncoincusly partially based my current D&D character off of Peggy and it's made playing him so much more fun.

I seeded an XCOM team with King of the Hill names and it's breaking my loving heart, man. John Redcorn and Dale Gribble are my super teamup though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

wesleywillis posted:

I was going to say that Tacos being "mexican", but not being able to be pronounced with some heavily rolled Rs or an X thats said like H or whatever the gently caress Peggy would definitely not know what to do with it, or how to make them.

they are t'ttaaacos in el meh'he'co

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Hank, you haven't touched your arroz con chicken

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
As a Texan, I have authority here. Whether crunchy or soft, it’s a taco. And whether corn or flour, it’s a taco. Any tortilla, fried or otherwise, that is wrapped around meat - whether cow, pig or fowl - is a taco, regardless of other ingredients. If in California, a tortilla wrapped around any fish may also be called a, “fish taco,” but any such delineation must be considered limited.

Any food wrapped in any tortilla and further cooked becomes a different food entirely. See: chimichanga, flauta, et. al.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lincoln posted:

As a Texan, I have authority here. Whether crunchy or soft, it’s a taco. And whether corn or flour, it’s a taco. Any tortilla, fried or otherwise, that is wrapped around meat - whether cow, pig or fowl - is a taco, regardless of other ingredients. If in California, a tortilla wrapped around any fish may also be called a, “fish taco,” but any such delineation must be considered limited.

Any food wrapped in any tortilla and further cooked becomes a different food entirely. See: chimichanga, flauta, et. al.

Do you not have burritos?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
They put salmon in the fish tacos, Hank!

Salmon!!!!!!!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

namlosh posted:

They put salmon in the fish tacos, Hank!

Salmon!!!!!!!

I got a calzone at a pizza place last week. I wanted pepperoni and mushrooms in it. A couple bites in, I I find pulled pork inside. The server accidentally added the ingredient when putting the order in on the computer. I instantly thought "They put pulled pork in the calzones, Hank!"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's-A-Real Italiano

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I had a deep fried salmon fish taco once and it was terrible

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Iron Crowned posted:

Do you not have burritos?
Burritos are walking tacos.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
A burrito is a burrito. A walking taco is a walking taco. They are as separate as a burger and a pizza.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Fritos with things in them are chili.

I thought we were fixing the names of things because you said everything with a tortilla with things in is a taco.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fritos don't go in chili, you could probably make the chili into more of a dip and use them to scoop though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Lincoln posted:

As a Texan, I have authority here. Whether crunchy or soft, it’s a taco. And whether corn or flour, it’s a taco.

A waitress at the bar I drink at is Texican. She says that flour torillas are "fine" but Corn tortillas are "the real poo poo" (her words).

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

wesleywillis posted:

A waitress at the bar I drink at is Texican. She says that flour torillas are "fine" but Corn tortillas are "the real poo poo" (her words).

Imagine not already knowing this

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Nicodemus Dumps posted:

Imagine not already knowing this

I'm a long way from Texas.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

wesleywillis posted:

I'm a long way from Texas.

Fair, my flippancy was unwarranted

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

and to be clear, don't use fuckin olives

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

you can make tortillas with olive?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Another Bill posted:

I seeded an XCOM team with King of the Hill names and it's breaking my loving heart, man. John Redcorn and Dale Gribble are my super teamup though.

I don't know (where) you (are)! That's (my) x-com!

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

pixaal posted:

Fritos don't go in chili

This is provably false. Chili* + Fritos + shredded cheddar is just about the perfect dish. You can take it to an alternate dimension by adding a dollop of sour cream.

*quality chili

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Lincoln posted:

*quality chili

We only use Wolf Brand Chili™ in this house

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Lol at anyone from Texas claiming to be an authority on Tex-mex or Mexican food

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Hank, you haven't touched your arroz con chicken

lmao

also I've been watching king of the hill with friends practically every day, and it's making us better people

unlike thatherton

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

lmao

also I've been watching king of the hill with friends practically every day, and it's making us better people

unlike thatherton

The MF stands for

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

The MF stands for

My friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad