Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

How Wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Metroid Fusion is a parade of damage spongy bosses with attacks that are really difficult to avoid. I think I know why I never finished this as a kid.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

itry

Jolo posted:

Metroid Fusion is a parade of damage spongy bosses with attacks that are really difficult to avoid. I think I know why I never finished this as a kid.

Was it because of the terrifying SA-X?

Jolo

itry posted:

Was it because of the terrifying SA-X?

The Sax wasn't as scary to me because I've been listening to Foreigner my whole life.

There's just a lot of things in the game that make it annoying to play. You have to check in at the Navigation stations constantly and listen to a computer tell you where to go which takes away from the exploration fun.

Bits of the station become destroyed as you explore which I think is to keep you from going the wrong way but it also means when you return to an area there isn't a fast way around, the quick path is destroyed so you end up having to go the long way each time.

The bosses feel like they're designed for a more mobile character because some attacks are really hard to avoid. After you kill the boss you have to kill the blobby bit that comes out of the boss. I've beaten several bosses with low health and then died to the blobby bit after.

itry

Yeah, I don't think anyone actually liked Adam. It does feel like a more linear game because of all of that stuff (and it probably is). I don't remember having any control issues but I did play it on an emulator. Zero Mission probably plays better, but Fusion was still much better than Super, so that was good enough for me.

Philippe

(she/her)

Jolo posted:

There's just a lot of things in the game that make it annoying to play. You have to check in at the Navigation stations constantly and listen to a computer tell you where to go which takes away from the exploration fun.

Yeah, but enough about Metroid: Dread

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
that ghostly boss in fusion with the goo stuff pouring out of its face can go to hell though

Jolo

Sarah Cenia posted:

that ghostly boss in fusion with the goo stuff pouring out of its face can go to hell though

Haha yep that's the boss that inspired my post. It does a move where it swoops around the screen and if you don't bait it in the right direction it'll hit you over and over.

Jolo

Also there's a lot of music created for the game but it feels like 3/4 of the areas play this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_DiwhVbTmE

I wouldn't mind it if you didn't hear it so so much. The track is just under 2 mins long but it repeats itself several times throughout the track so while playing it feels like the sound loops every 30 seconds.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

Philippe posted:

Yeah, but enough about Metroid: Dread

:( I picked up Dread because lots of people seem to really like it but I really really didn't like Samus Returns on the 3DS which was by the same dev team. I'd consider myself a big Metroid fan but after playing a bunch of them in the last year I'd say I only really really like Super Metroid and AM2R. Metroid Prime was pretty good too.

Farecoal

There he go

Jolo

You get the screw attack which allows you to collect various items and then the next time you use a nav computer it locks you out of every sector where those items are. This game is a poop.

There's a way to backdoor your way into the areas but it's way way more work. This game loves to make you take the long way. Also the story sets up the bad melodrama in Other M. Bah! I'll shut up about this one. I wish it was better.

Scaly Haylie

I'm finding the new Lego Star Wars very tantalizing, lads.

Jolo

Scaly Haylie posted:

I'm finding the new Lego Star Wars very tantalizing, lads.

Does it cover all 9 main movies? That's a lot of story to cover.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
if demo discs or packs were still a thing that's probably all i'd play tbh

i have zero attention span for games anymore although rdr2 managed to captivate me for 120+ hours. that poo poo ruled

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Beat Elden Ring and started up Dragon Quest 11. Then reinstalled Bloodborne

nut

I been playing kirby it is probably too easy but still fun I caught the big fish thank you for reading

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Then reinstalled Bloodborne

*nodding solemnly, single tear rolling down cheek*

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm still playing Elden Ring. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it because it seems to be endless? Also I feel like I'm going to hit a skill ceiling at some point where the game just gets harder and harder while I stay the same age right on right on

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Beat Elden Ring and started up Dragon Quest 11. Then reinstalled Bloodborne

i really really enjoyed DQ11
it is a good Vimdeo Jame

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Philippe

(she/her)
The Death Stranding Director's Cut is amazing. You get a cute robot friend who follows you around and helps you carry stuff! The main issue is that it's so loud. Death Stranding is a game about slowly walking across a wasteland with your backpack full of live fish and motor parts, but the feeling of beautiful desolation is slightly ruined by having someone else next to you going STOMP STOMP STOMP BEEP BEEP.

FutonForensic

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm still playing Elden Ring. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it because it seems to be endless?

the game procedurally generates new terrain in real time, providing endless playability

whenever a new boss is needed, the erdtree avatar is reused

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it is payday this week my dudes so i just bought Wobbledogs and Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dr. Honked posted:

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

this is a total blast and one of the funnier games ever made

also um i'm playing golf 2k21 something or other. i'm getting birdies. i'm really enjoying it.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

kalel

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm still playing Elden Ring. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it because it seems to be endless? Also I feel like I'm going to hit a skill ceiling at some point where the game just gets harder and harder while I stay the same age right on right on

yeah I just discovered a whole new area last night and the map widened to include it because it was so big. this is like the third time this has happened so I'm pretty sure the game is just Minecraft

it's also fun as heck

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Scaly Haylie posted:

snufkin from the moomins franchise is getting his own game on pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH9ajSXpqNg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kalel

well I got overwhelmed by Elden ring so I decided to mess around in Pokemon mystery dungeon. it's nice to rediscover a classic you loved as a kid, even better when it holds up after all this time :yaycloud:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
wobbledogs

Philippe

(she/her)
I'm replaying The Outer Worlds, and you know what

It's fine. A thoroughly okay piece of videogame.

Prof. Crocodile

Philippe posted:

accurate. also the most favorable review of the outer worlds that I’ve ever encountered.

Philippe

(she/her)
I'm doing Parvati's side quest and it's good and cute

Bobby Deluxe

i was surprised, i had chosen her as my romance option and then when i went to pursue what seemed like the romance dialogue i very quickly switched to 'ok, i will help you with this because it is absolutely loving adorable' :3:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Philippe posted:

i found it to be perfectly adequate
i didn't finish it though, i should give it another try at some point

Heather Papps

hello friend

Prof. Crocodile posted:

accurate. also the most favorable review of the outer worlds that I’ve ever encountered.

my brother really liked it and i just recently downloaded it to try again, as my old pc would not run it.

also, golf 2kXXX whatever is fun as hell, and i just won the most mario golf trophy i have yet to encounter:

maybe mario meets 2000's era wrestling? i don't loving know this game gave me a trophy that looked like a can of paint once. golf is absurd.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Farecoal

There he go
New World Order :tinfoil:

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TBIyZA-ExA

FutonForensic

lmao

Jolo

Played through Metroid Dread and really enjoyed it. I'd heard it was really hard and I'd been having a hell of a time with most of the bosses in Fusion and in Samus Returns so I thought I might have a bad time. I think the boss fights were all really well designed and fun to unravel. Got the final boss in a few tries which just goes to show that what is difficult really varies from person to person. The game still does an annoying thing where some doors lock from one side and only go one way even at the very end of the game which makes collecting a few items take way longer than it should but other than that I loved it.

Also played Ace Combat 6 on 360 and it's really fun too. The story fully embodies the "war is bad but planes are rad" motto. The battles in it feel bigger than many of the other games because most missions have multiple objectives to choose from. It's pretty great.

Farecoal

There he go
Ace Combat 6 is the only one I've played. I liked it as a kid, extremely cheesy story and all. Too bad there's no way to play it besides digging up my old 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
ace combat 5 on ps2 is one of my favorite games of all time. isn't 6 the one where you can, like, handbrake turn in a fighter jet?

"war is bad but planes are rad" should be the series' tagline