Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Excelzior posted:

everything was messed up for a few minutes but it works fine now?

Still no packs to buy with Gold lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Boatswain posted:

Still no packs to buy with Gold lmao

workin' fine on iOS here

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

I got packs for gold in my store on PC but did have to reopen the client once to get it, store didn't load at all first time.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I got golden finlay as part of my bundle, so 2 free legendaries of my choice I guess.

Legendary from the Amazon prime thing was a demon hunter one from 2 expansions ago that I never got as I rarely play demon hunter :(

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Excelzior posted:

workin' fine on iOS here

Third restart it worked :sun:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The gently caress? I just had to re-craft Pursuit of Justice??? Do cards you own magically disappear when they rotate the Legacy/Core set?

Edit: and Crimson Clergy and Ritual of Doom

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 12, 2022

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Amalgam of the Deep seems like an absolutely insane card lol. Makes pirate warrior way better, and hard carries mech decks (especially combined with Gorillabot). I think tribal decks in general are gonna be much better as long as this thing is in standard.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

At least these were cheap re-crafts but WTF Blizzard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Desert Bus posted:

At least these were cheap re-crafts but WTF Blizzard
Yes. You don't have to own core cards in order to play with them, it's more like you're borrowing them if you don't own them.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
the paladin 2-mana draw four or five seems extremely fair :) :)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

No Wave posted:

Yes. You don't have to own core cards in order to play with them, it's more like you're borrowing them if you don't own them.

My collection is like 85%+ complete I just assumed I owned such common cards. Oh well, guess i'm 6 cards up?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

It won't let me add them to decks unless I let the game choose replacements and then delete them and then add the card I want back. Great design.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Pity timered out on every legendary and only got 1 collosal, but the game was throwing epics at me, probably 10 or so double epic packs. 80 Packs plus 50 with gold and I have 2 copies of every epic apart from 3.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if anyone was wondering yep Spitelash Siren is awful.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, definitely noticed a higher Epic drop rate than past expansions.

Also, it never loving fails - out of my Golden packs I always get the Legendary you get a *Diamond* copy of for ~Catchin' 'em All~:

Pre-order Legendaries:

Kotori Lightblade
Gigafin
Crabatoa (G)
Za'qul (G)

Twitch Legendary: Raj Naz'jan

Five Golden Packs
1: 4C/1L (Commander Sivara)
2: 3C/2R
3: 4C/1R
4: 4C/1R
5: 4C/1R

164 Packs (142 + 22 w/Gold):

161: Gaia, the Techtonic
144: Blackwater Behemoth
114: Priestess Valishj
102: Pirate Admiral Hooktusk
68: Glugg the Gulper
58: Lady Ashvane
21: Nellie, the Great Thresher
15: Hedra the Heretic (G)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I think I had pretty decent luck this time around.

I got the "cheaper" preorder pack and 50 packs from my gold, and from there I got Lady Ashvane (disenchanted instantly) and Kotori Lightblahblah. Pulled The Leviathan, gold Gigafin, Ini Stormcoil, Raj Naj'zhan, Finley (free legendary!), Commander Sivara and Xhilag from one pack, and Queen Aszhara. Oh and Death Speaker Blackthorn from the Prime thing.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I just shadowstepped hooktusk twice to take 15 cards out of my minelock opponent's deck, lol this owns

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think bottomfeeder might actually be really good.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Mech mage and mech paladin are both extremely loving fun in their own way.
I wanted to try pirate rogue but I'd have to craft 2 legendaries (got hooktusk but missing scabbs (which I dusted when it was nerfed), crabatoa and all of the 4 new pirate epics, so that is not an investment I'm willing to make right now.

All in all my haul was pretty good, 9 legendaries from the 125 packs (small preorder + 7k gold + free packs) or so that I opened.

From what I don't have I only really want Gigafin, Nellie, Hedra, Finley, Ini and Crabatoa and I think I'll be able to get them down the line if they turn out to be good.

Also reminder to disenchant your panda importers by searching your collection for "refund". If you're doing the right thing and not disenchanting anything until it's either nerfed or moves to wild, you might have a couple of them banked. If not, start doing that because it's good practice and every bit of dust counts.

edit: I have to say I'm pretty hopeful for this meta. Lots of things feel fun in a way that isn't broken or boring. The cards that have returned to the core set are some of my all time favourites that I only just notice, like maelstrom portal.

Watch me eat those words in 3 days when <dumb aggro deck> pushes all the fun out of the meta or everyone is tired getting one hit KO'd by some degenerate combo on turn 6 (mech mage is a strong contender).

Oenis fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 12, 2022

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Having a blast with this deck
### u done guffed
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Bottomfeeder
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Pelican Diver
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Vibrant Squirrel
# 2x (2) Capture Coldtooth Mine
# 2x (2) Clawfury Adept
# 2x (2) Composting
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 1x (3) Seaweed Strike
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 1x (6) Lady Prestor
#
AAECAc6LBQTW+QOJiwTlsAT4vQQNyfUD9PYDgfcDhPcDrIAEr4AEsIAE4aQEl6UEsKUE6rkE+r0ErsAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
18 legendaries, 2 golden, in 137 packs. (30 odd of those stashed standard and class packs!) 2 double legend packs, and 3 packs in a row legendary. Gonna buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

Edit:think I'm gonna run wild mech mage to start, it looks sickeningly strong.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 12, 2022

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i opened bolf ramshield

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Bloodlust Piranha Shaman getting it done on day 1.

### BAD BL BL
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Anchored Totem
# 2x (2) Corporal
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Frostbite
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
# 1x (3) Feral Spirit
# 2x (3) Piranha Poacher
# 1x (4) Drek'Thar
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
#
AAECAZKrBASkgQS7igT6nwSX1AQNlfAD+ZEE+Z8EzKQE4aQEiLIE+rQE4LUE4rUEvLYEhtQEnNQE8t0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The amount of resources mech mage generates for itself is insane. 2 each of Sunken Sweeper, the amalgam, tram engineers, and gorillabots and all of those can find more of themselves (well not the engineer).

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
My pack openings started off looking lame but ended up ok. 103 packs bought with gold:
- 5 Legendaries including the Mage, Hunter and Demon Hunter Colossals and Finley, so that's a freebie since I then bought the Tavern Pass
- 22 Epics which should be well above average if they're supposed to be 1 in 12 packs.

Don't know if I can build any whole decks yet but I'm keen to give Mech Mage a shot at least.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
There is an incredible amount of consistent card draw and generation in this rotation and expansion.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Got 9 legendaries off of 75 packs. That's the best I've ever gotten. Not super enthused about playing, but I bought the battle pass anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

I have only played one deck since stormwind came out and have no desire to make any others. If ignite mage stops working for me, yeah I'm actually quitting. Might still quit even if it still works.

Well all of my decks that I actually played are completely dead due to rotation and the first six matches I had were against 4 fatigue warlocks and 2 pirate warriors that destroyed me

The same two decks I hated playing against are back and even worse but this time I have nothing good to counter them - maybe it is time to stop

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
2 legends in 66 packs. Think that's the worst I've ever got.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
4 Legendaries in 118 packs. That's by far the worst pack opening I've ever had.

Oh well...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
### gwenners' Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Crushclaw Enforcer
# 2x (3) Full-Blown Evil
# 2x (3) Sira'kess Cultist
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Dragged Below
# 2x (4) Spice Bread Baker
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (5) Za'qul
# 2x (6) Abyssal Wave
# 1x (6) Dreadlich Tamsin
# 2x (6) Entitled Customer
# 1x (8) Gigafin
#
AAECAavABAjy7QOwkQSXoATbuQTmvQT1xwSW1ASY1AQLwPkDgvsDg/sDsZ8E56AE26MEhLIE/rQE3L0E4r0Em9QEAA==
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/replay/XjKPFvW256LVZntAqkcs2d

*Don't craft this!* but curse warlock actually surprisingly effective, even beat a control warrior doing 9 and 10 damage on the final turn, the reach is actually pretty good! If you unpacked Za'qul tho, give it a shot -- Gigafin absolutely not necessary, just wanted to try it out.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I got ??? out of 100+ packs and honestly can't bring myself to care what I got or didn't. Probably won't play for a bit til Wild settles and see whats worth spending my dust on. Serious diminishing returns on the dopamine hits.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
It's that time of year again where I get to see if any of the Dumb loving Priest decks are viable. First attempt:

### Mill
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Desperate Prayer
# 2x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Switcheroo
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Selfish Shellfish
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Azsharan Sentinel
# 2x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
#
AAECAa0GBpnrA9TtA9D5A+iLBMeyBJvJBAye6wOU7wOH9wOMgQStigSFnwSKowSUtAS4tgSWtwT28QSGpAUA
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Not enough data to say yet, I'm only four games in and still making pretty significant tweaks from game to game. But... yeah, I think there's "playable meme deck" potential here if you can nail the right balance between playable cards, draw, and mill. Did you guys forget that Southsea Scoundrel was still in Standard? Because I was real loving surprised to see her pop up. School Teacher is an insane card. Ambassador Faelin is aggressively mediocre and once the meta optimizes a little bit he's the first card to cut.

As far as Priest in general... really miss Palm Reading , and to a somewhat lesser extent Renew and Soul Mirror. My preliminary opinion is that Lightbomb encounters a good number of awkward boards, while Whirlpool feels extremely slow. I think that the slower Priests are going to fall back on Xyrella for all-purpose clearing again (especially given how she synergizes with Gifts and Northshire). Switcharoo is good, although as weird as it is to say it Priest actually has too many card draw choices at the moment: you can't run everything. It's hard to compete with the package of the Clerics, Pyro, and Gifts of the Naaru... and even then you still need to be better than Handmaiden or Spirit Guide. Switcharoo does have the massive advantages of a) tutoring and b) being a spell, which might let it sneak into the spell combo decks. Overall I think that Priest has a lot of combo tools and control tools, but lacks anything to be tooling into.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol Warlock curses progress Quest Hunter quest because of course they do

brutal

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Firebert posted:

brutal

huh! i was surprised spell damage didn't affect curses in your hand. did it affect the old rafaam ones? probably not, they're not a spell. but then the hunter thing is surprising then

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Firebert posted:

brutal

paying 2 to "cast" them also refreshes the upgraded hero power

so it's doubly hosed

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Just died T4 to 40 charge damage from a priest in wild casual. They used the swap 2 minion stats card with boar and probably the darkness? Also seemed like they got lucky with their draw and mana reduction from palm reading because vivid nightmare was involved on the kill turn. Probably not a reliable otk but still yikes

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Abyssal Curses vanishing before your opponent draws is the funniest thing I have ever seen blizzard do with HS. Like, gotta be careful that it's not too good!!

Big brain idea for anyone with the cards: Big Demon Hunter with the new Colossal.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 13, 2022

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Mech mage is the first time I've played Duels and felt like my deck was getting weaker with each win. Just an absolutely disgusting deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acerbatus posted:

Abyssal Curses vanishing before your opponent draws is the funniest thing I have ever seen blizzard do with HS. Like, gotta be careful that it's not too good!!

Big brain idea for anyone with the cards: Big Demon Hunter with the new Colossal.

NEVERMIND, PLAYING BRANN INTO AZSHARA SOFTLOCKS BOTH PLAYERS :lmfao:

SMALL INDIE COMPANY

LITERALLY THE MOST OBVIOUS COMBO

It gave me a win too, making it the best OTK in Hearthstone!