Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lmao is Iowa a sea lion cause an orca is about to annihilate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

pretty amazing how tornado alley has moved ~300 miles east

it'd be more amazing if scientists hadn't been hollering about it 20+ years ago

re: the Dolphin-loving, we've got what, 3 hours until that's valid?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Dustcat posted:

here in central texas we had a 100% chance of rain this morning and it hasn't rained a drop, it's 92 degrees out there and the sun's beating down and not a cloud nearby on the weather radar

and now alexa just gave a tornado watch

somebody's models are hosed

Yeah seriously. It's all sunny out right now. The weather people I follow keep on yammering about "breaking the cap" or whatever.

What do those nerds know amiright?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dustcat posted:

overuse of cactus-resistant tarps will just cause more tarp-resistant cactuses to evolve

Look toward the horizon friend, if our post-climate catastrophe successor isn't one we made, it'll be one we didn't. All hail the Cactuar future

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

it’s pretty cool that tarp acts as a wind ramp and sends those winds flying back into space where it belongs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's the blue coloration as much as it is the tarp. try your poo poo with a red tarp, see what it gets you.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gonna have to rename Iowa to John McAfee after this sesh

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

uber_stoat posted:

it's the blue coloration as much as it is the tarp. try your poo poo with a red tarp, see what it gets you.
is the red tarp resistant to fire damage or is it just a general defense boost

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

TACD posted:

is the red tarp resistant to fire damage or is it just a general defense boost

It goes faster

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/pgbrown92/status/1514020806053011458

Y'all know everything is always bigger in Texas :clint:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

uber_stoat posted:

There's something about the idea of a red tarp that's so unwholesome.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CIMSS_Satellite/status/1514058045697015816?s=20&t=nEKxcPaAUrakUpp2XMUcSw
Cool GOES images

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
america is nothing but dust and fires

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that gap in northern colorado between the mountains and the giant cloud covering the entire ne chunk of the state, i drove through it on the way home

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Zerg Mans posted:

lmao is Iowa a sea lion cause an orca is about to annihilate it

Free Twisty

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/cgphotography/status/1514032869072678917

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

drat that's an incredible shot

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/tornadokurtzman/status/1514026286867492869
:trumppop:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/wxmann/status/1514064957016530946

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/tessabritt22/status/1514055761839669248

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

That picture activated some flight response in my ape brain

I gotta Google image search bright pictures of fruit just to level out my brain chemicals

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

That picture activated some flight response in my ape brain

I gotta Google image search bright pictures of fruit just to level out my brain chemicals

did you watch the video where it formed because i imagined for a second i was standing there wondering what the clouds were doing and then the same response kicked in holy gently caress

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
North Dakota just went from spring time to record levels of snow. 12-30" over 2 days, insane.

https://i.imgur.com/jj0Am7G.mp4

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

weather’s just following classic videogame world progression. you got grass world, desert world, ice world, dark world, underwater world. all the hits!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

TACD posted:

weather’s just following classic videogame world progression. you got grass world, desert world, ice world, dark world, underwater world. all the hits!

im getting increasingly nervous about the possibility of a cow level

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Drastic weather changes at mid latitudes in the spring? I never.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Stereotype posted:

america is nothing but dust and fires

and snow

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Once all the aquifers are drained, maybe we can really get down to more evenly distributing the Great Lakes across America.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Once all the aquifers are drained, maybe we can really get down to more evenly distributing the Great Lakes across America.

i can't wait till the best part of my state gets stolen lmao

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SirPablo posted:

yeah being between the hot down there and the cold up there kinda means either can meander and give you one thing one day and something else another day

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

blatman posted:

im getting increasingly nervous about the possibility of a cow level

when tornado season starts, cow comes to you!

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

SirPablo posted:

yeah, but going from low 80’s to below freezing in less than 24 hrs loving sucks

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

SirPablo posted:

Yes, but until recently it didn't cause everything in town except hospitals to shut down for 3 days straight. We just got 75% of our yearly average snowfall in 24 hrs.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Those lawns and golf courses in the desert need to be maintained of course. All that water is doing is sitting around being unprofitable

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

seems like we're weathering the weather ok here in St. Louis today

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

irpoweroutlet posted:

yeah, but going from low 80’s to below freezing in less than 24 hrs loving sucks

It's gotta be hell on everything right. I'm sure it fucks roads proper but I can't imagine it's much better for buildings and such

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol below freezing in seattle the latest in april i've ever experienced. what. tha. gently caress.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

It's fine, Sol's third rock is just a bit itchy and soon the irritation shall pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rynn posted:

Those lawns and golf courses in the desert need to be maintained of course. All that water is doing is sitting around being unprofitable

Yeah Lake Michigan is just sitting around being a big useless bucket of freshwater, and we gotta take into consideration all the people who would lose their jobs if New Mexico didn't have a cotton industry