Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Can Yelena be a Young Avenger when she's probably the same age Nat was in the first Avengers movie?

I think she's supposed to be about the same age as Kate, which is early to mid 20s. She did get snapped away for 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I think she's supposed to be about the same age as Kate, which is early to mid 20s. She did get snapped away for 5 years.

my napkin math suggests ScarJo was 26 at time of filming, which is the age that Florence Pugh is currently, and Young Avengers isn't even on any official radar yet as far as I know lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Nah, Yelena's older. She was what, five in 1995 at the start of Black Widow

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it'll just be old guy sam stuck with the new avengers, which is everybody else no matter the age. like all new all different avengers

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

site posted:

it'll just be old guy sam stuck with the new avengers, which is everybody else no matter the age. like all new all different avengers

And just like ANAD Avengers, the young heroes will leave the Avengers and start their own superhero team halfway through the film. :patriot:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
When does Baby Kang all lead them to invade eastern Europe and get them killed?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JordanKai posted:

And just like ANAD Avengers, the young heroes will leave the Avengers and start their own superhero team halfway through the film. :patriot:

The YA started before they formally met the Avengers. Heck, the Avengers didn't exist at the time!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

The YA started before they formally met the Avengers. Heck, the Avengers didn't exist at the time!

champions

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

I was specifically referring to the Champions, who split off from the Avengers team really early into the run. I want to say around issue 6.

e: beaten. I gotta remember to refresh the thread before posting if I leave the window open for so long. :sweatdrop:

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 10, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah but those guys suck.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The only Champions I recognise are the protagonists of Ewing's Contest of Champions.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Yeah but those guys suck.

The book got good when Jim Zub took over but he by his own admission put too many characters in the book and killed it. Deciding to yank Ms. Marvel off the book didn't help it either.

It was the best thing Young Cyclops was ever part of, low bar that was.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

God's true Champions are the originals; Black Widow, Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, Iceman, Hercules, and Angel in his ugliest costume

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

Angel in his ugliest costume

how DARE you

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Love that Legends keeps getting rid of the CGI super power heroes

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

howe_sam posted:

Nah, Yelena's older. She was what, five in 1995 at the start of Black Widow

Is current MCU set in 2022? If yes, then she'd be about 27 now.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
MCU runs ahead of real world time, I think Hawkeye is something like December 2025?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Seemlar posted:

MCU runs ahead of real world time, I think Hawkeye is something like December 2025?

The Snap happens in 2018
Most of Endgame in late 2023
Wandavision is a few weeks after the end of Endgame in either 2023 or 2024
Shang-Chi is also fairly soon after Endgame (Bruce still has his Snap injury from Endgame in the post-credits), so late 2023, early 2024
Eternals also deal with post-Blip fallout, with the Return fueling the Emergence that happens at the end of the movie, so probably late 2023, early 2024
Falcon and the Winter Soldier takes place six months after Endgame in late spring 2024
Far From Home is explicitly 8 months after Endgame, so summer of 2024
No Way Home starts at the end of FFH, so late summer of 2024, ending sometime in the fall of 2024
Hawkeye mentions the new Statue of Liberty, so must be December 19-25, 2024
Moon Knight would probably be spring 2025, since it's not winter in London when the show starts

(Time is meaningless for Loki, which nominally starts in 2012 and ends either at the End of Time or at the TVA outside of time entirely)

Which means that....

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is current MCU set in 2022? If yes, then she'd be about 27 now.

...Yelena was born in 1990 and would legally be 34 or 35 by the "now" of MCU spring 2025, but is physically 29 or 30 since she was Snapped from 2018-23. Not really Young Avenger material, but she could be on a Dark Avengers team with Walker and whomever else Valentina recruits in upcoming movies and shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Age is the relative concept in film and TV. Yelena is as old as they want her to be. No way Disney goes "Well, i know everyone loved Yelena and Kates chemistry, but we just can't do it because of their ages".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Age is the relative concept in film and TV. Yelena is as old as they want her to be. No way Disney goes "Well, i know everyone loved Yelena and Kates chemistry, but we just can't do it because of their ages".

Kate has her own apartment in Hawkeye, if you have your own place you can date whoever you want.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they just won't do it because it's disney and they hate the gays

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Depends how soon they try. Disney has to pretend to like gays for a few months right now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, I mean, Feige isn't dumb and the fact that Kate and Yelena's chemistry was off the chart didn't go unnoticed.

We'll get those two paired up again someway and somehow.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I really did enjoy that Yelena dressed in garish clothes and was interested in hokey tourist poo poo. She's already more interesting than her sister

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shageletic posted:

I really did enjoy that Yelena dressed in garish clothes and was interested in hokey tourist poo poo. She's already more interesting than her sister

Natasha worked when she was allowed to be fun, like her teasing Cap about dating in Winter Soldier, it's just so often she has to be the no nonsense person in scenes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Yelena is probably gonna end up on some kind of Dark Avengers thing and I think Kate is probably gonna end up on some kind of Young Avengers thing due to their individual circumstances. I also think that's gonna be temporary eventually we're gonna have a massive Infinity War like even where those teams break down and unite and then maybe reform after wards in new ways. And I think Yelene and Kate will probably interact before then, during that, and maybe after that. Because the chemistry clearly worked and its such an obvious parallel with Nat and Clint. I don't expect them to hook up maybe because Disney but maybe because Nat and Clint didn't hook up and like people can just gel without sex and I think that's more fun in a lot of ways. And not every person fucks every person they get along with. But who knows?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yelena has already had Contessa's lies exposed in Hawkeye.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

STAC Goat posted:

I think Yelena is probably gonna end up on some kind of Dark Avengers thing and I think Kate is probably gonna end up on some kind of Young Avengers thing due to their individual circumstances. I also think that's gonna be temporary eventually we're gonna have a massive Infinity War like event

I thought that's what we weren't getting anymore. Like there will be heroes and groups who come together to face big common threats but not the GamemasterAnthony-level of Endgame with the whole MCU. So far it seems like they're breaking off into Marvel Cosmic, Supernatural, Young Avengers, and then I guess regular Avengers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lobok posted:

I thought that's what we weren't getting anymore. Like there will be heroes and groups who come together to face big common threats but not the GamemasterAnthony-level of Endgame with the whole MCU. So far it seems like they're breaking off into Marvel Cosmic, Supernatural, Young Avengers, and then I guess regular Avengers.

They'll do another big team-up film eventually. "We made the film with the largest box office in history, so we're definitely not gonna try that again" doesn't seem like a thing studio executives will be saying to themselves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

Infinity War was the 19th MCU movie and the beginning of the end of the third phase. We've had four movies and four TV series (if we count What If?) since Endgame came out with another movie due and a TV series currently running.

What I'm saying is they'll probably split for this phase and the next and then start drawing back together for Phase 6.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

They'll do another big team-up film eventually. "We made the film with the largest box office in history, so we're definitely not gonna try that again" doesn't seem like a thing studio executives will be saying to themselves.

I mean I'm not going to be shocked if they do eventually but I think they can make just as much in the long run having smaller-scale but mode frequent team-up movies. Infinity War + Endgame was no small undertaking for its coordination and risk and the full complete roster of everybody keeps getting bigger than it was in those already-stuffed movies. And I'm not even counting the eventual inclusion of X-Men.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

I think Yelena is probably gonna end up on some kind of Dark Avengers thing and I think Kate is probably gonna end up on some kind of Young Avengers thing due to their individual circumstances. I also think that's gonna be temporary eventually we're gonna have a massive Infinity War like even where those teams break down and unite and then maybe reform after wards in new ways. And I think Yelene and Kate will probably interact before then, during that, and maybe after that. Because the chemistry clearly worked and its such an obvious parallel with Nat and Clint. I don't expect them to hook up maybe because Disney but maybe because Nat and Clint didn't hook up and like people can just gel without sex and I think that's more fun in a lot of ways. And not every person fucks every person they get along with. But who knows?

what if kate wore that suit again and they smooched just a little bit is that okay

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

site posted:

what if kate wore that suit again and they smooched just a little bit is that okay

"They kiss off screen only" - a Disney exec

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Don't be silly, they'll kiss onscreen but in a way that can easily be edited out for Chinese markets

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Isn't Yelena canonically ace or did I hallucinate that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Her sexuality hasn't really been established. Her creator said that she would describe Yelena as asexual, but there hasn't been anything definitive one way or another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't she acknowledge Deadpool's crush at one point?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I think you are thinking of Nadia van Dyne

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lobok posted:

I've said this a bunch of times so feel free to ignore me. But my personal theory is that the Avengers will no longer be the only game in town BUT they'll still kind of be the center of the universe and things will center around them for the big crossover stories.

So I think in Phase 4 the big theme we've see is "Who protects us now? Who carries the legacy of the Avengers?" And I think that plays very easily into a split where some shady government types try and build an "official" Avengers around folks like Yelena, Walker, and Vision. And maybe like introduced Moonstone and Norman Osborne as "the new Tony Stark". And then like Sam will continue to grow into his role by becoming a leader of a new unofficial Avengers with folks like Bucky, Rhodey, maybe Spidey, maybe Daredevil (or Luke Cage and Jessica Jones), maybe new people like She Hulk. And then there will be young heroes like Kate, Ironheart, Kamala, maybe Cassie, Patriot, Wanda's kids. And they're too young for those other heroes who are all basically soldiers and veterans of war to be comfortable bringing into their world so they'll do their own Young Avengers thing. And I think that will be a conflict for awhile and we'll see Contessa's Dark Avengers vs Sam's New Avengers. And then a big threat like Kang will arise and people like Yelena and Walker will step up and become "true" heroes and Avengers.

I also think like other stuff and teams are gonna happen the way the Guardians of the Galaxy have mostly done their own thing. Carol will be doing cosmic stuff and maybe she'll have an Ultimates like team with the likes of the Marvels, Nova, Guardians, Eternals, whoever. Strange will be doing mystical/multiverse stuff and maybe have his own Defenders like team with folks like Wanda, Spidey, Shang Chi, America Chavez, whoever. Maybe there will be a supernatural Midnight Sons type thing with like Blade, Moon Knight, Black Knight, Werewolf by Night, or whoever. Of course the FF and X-Men will show up. Its gonna be a lot more stuff going in a lot of different directions.

But I also think there's gonna be a ton of teamups and crossovers. And in the end when the big poo poo goes down... and there's no way Marvel doesn't want to do another big event movie even if its "smaller" like Avengers/Age of Ultron/Civil War and the next Infinity War/Endgame is further down the line. But when those big or BIG things happen I think the Avengers will be at the center of it and everyone else will be a "reserve Avenger".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Given there seems to be some kind of effort for secrecy around Multiverse of Madness, I think we might be seeing mutants (other than just Xavier sitting on a multiversal council) sooner than we thought

maybe Wanda meets an alternate version of herself who does the opposite of the House of M thing