Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA - I told my sister is think it’s wrong she’s getting divorced over her husband’s son

lovely situation for everyone but I don't blame the sister for getting out of the marriage in that situation.

The OP is an rear end in a top hat simply because her sister's decision to divorce was none of her goddamn business. The good news though is her sister's ex is going to be back in the dating pool soon and if she really cares she can marry him and become the kid's new mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

Like Scrooge McDuck and his gold coin archives

Much funnier to swim in though!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA - I told my sister is think it’s wrong she’s getting divorced over her husband’s son

she should raise the kid and treat him like an unwanted piece of poo poo that ruined her life, that'd be so much better for him than only having a single parent

also i wonder why OP doesn't step up to do the child rearing if it's no big deal

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Soylent Pudding posted:

Weird, I can see where the OP lambasts her sister for not raising a kid she neither wanted nor prepared for "Because Family", but I cant find the part where OP or anyone agreeing with her is offering to help the couple "Because Family"

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for wearing my engagement ring to work?

quote:

I, 26f, got engaged to my fiancé Cruz, 25M, 4 days ago. We’ve been dating for 2 years and we were friends for 2 years before that. My future MIL gave my fiancé his great grandmothers (GGma) ring to propose with and it is absolutely gorgeous (he even had it altered to my ring size which he got when I was sleeping). His great grandfather personally hand made the ring and chose the accompanying diamonds since he was in the diamond business after the war ended and his GGma decided to pass it on as an heirloom when she died.

Now on Monday I wore my ring into work and I was so excited to show my girlfriends when we all went to lunch. I swear I didn’t flash it to everyone, I wasn’t being annoying, I only wanted to show my girlfriends, I didn’t want to create a big fuss (they were the only ones I told).

Well after lunch I got pulled aside by one of my coworkers, Sierra (35?), who said that I was being unprofessional by showing off my ring. She told me I was being insensitive to my other female coworkers who wore their engagement rings and have smaller diamonds. I was obviously confused and told her that issue isn’t my problem. She said I was being rude because it made her wedding ring look cheap in comparison to mine. She also told me that the “silent rule” of big diamonds should only be worn after 5 years of marriage. After she was talking I told her I’m never going to take off this ring and she can suck it up basically. She then started crying and walked out of work early.

I talked with my girlfriends and fiancé about it and they all agreed with me that it’s not my problem and I should continue wearing my ring but I still feel terrible that she started crying. AITA?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA Boyfriend of 4 years wants to break up because he found my dildo

quote:

I'll try to keep it brief because this just happened and I'm really hurt and embarrassed. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years, we're 21 and 22. Suddenly out of nowhere 2 years ago after moving into a room we rent from his family we just almost completely stopped having sex. I tried to talk to him about it but it only seemed to make things worse and he kept hinting at his own issues and insecurities effecting him.

I haven't spoken up about my total lack of satisfaction in the bedroom because I don't want to kick him while he's down (can't get a job, lost a lot of weight, ect) and I've found there's really no easy or nice way to tell your partner they need some pointers for making you orgasm. It made me frustrated on and off, but ultimately about a month or two ago I bought myself a dildo with vibrator attachment to supplement the lack of sex. It's not his responsibility to provide that for me and I shouldn't resent him for it so I figured it was the responsible way to release some tension. I didn't want to make him feel insecure by admitting that I bought a dildo because I figured him seeing that would make it clear that I'm not getting off from the sex we do have. I'm not trying to damage his ego.

Today I told him to grab a soda from the snack bag and he grabbed the bag I hid the dildo box in by mistake. He said "wtf is this" when he saw it. I explained what it was and he reacted more negatively than I ever imagined he would. He said "and you said you weren't that kind of woman" with this really awful tone and look. When I asked him to clarify what he meant by that he said "just don't talk to me for the rest of the day or I'm leaving. and don't start that crying either because I'll leave." For the rest of the day I've honestly just been wondering about, shellshocked at the callousness of it all. I didn't think it was that hurtful to a male partner to find their SO secretly using a dildo, but I only didn't tell him about it because I didn't want to hurt his ego. Now it seemed I've done more damage by hiding it from him. AITA for hiding a dildo from my partner because he's having difficulty in the bedroom?

when your jackoff finds out you jack off

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

She told me I was being insensitive to my other female coworkers who wore their engagement rings and have smaller diamonds. 

"Other female coworkers", huh?

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

She said I was being rude because it made her wedding ring look cheap in comparison to mine.

Yeah there it is :lol: eat poo poo you jealous weenie

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA Boyfriend of 4 years wants to break up because he found my dildo

when your jackoff finds out you jack off

quote:

there's really no easy or nice way to tell your partner they need some pointers for making you orgasm

Just... do it? Tell them? And if they can't follow instructions, walk away?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just... do it? Tell them? And if they can't follow instructions, walk away?

Why talk to your partner when there's dildos and reddit

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Bf uses role play to avoid sex with me

Millennial Al Bundy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Why talk to your partner when there's dildos and reddit

:mods:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

She also told me that the “silent rule” of big diamonds should only be worn after 5 years of marriage.

Maybe a rule should speak up and be heard if it wants anyone to take it seriously at all

it's a stupid rule that should never be taken seriously regardless of whether it's silent or not

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Paper Tiger posted:

Maybe a rule should speak up and be heard if it wants anyone to take it seriously at all

it's a stupid rule that should never be taken seriously regardless of whether it's silent or not

I’ve never once heard of this rule

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Paper Tiger posted:

don't wear your ring to work or you'll make your female colleagues jealous. but don't go into the office without your ring or you'll lead on your male coworkers. SAHM it is, thanks misogynistic workplace culture

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

teen witch posted:

Me neither, I should have phrased that "it sounds like a stupid rule that should never be taken seriously"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Soylent Pudding posted:

sierra, you can bring back sumptuary laws or you can shut the gently caress up

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

teen witch posted:

it's just that silent (ie, made up by OP's coworker)

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Moon Monster posted:

Millennial Al Bundy.
The guy is 22, so too young to be a Millennial. Which means that not only are there people younger than Millennials having sex, there's people younger than Millennials avoiding sex. :corsair:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

TengenNewsEditor posted:

don't wear your ring to work or you'll make your female colleagues jealous. but don't go into the office without your ring or you'll lead on your male coworkers. SAHM it is, thanks misogynistic workplace culture

The obvious solution is to start popping coins into the toy machine at the grocery store until she gets a nice plastic ring.

I'd say she should buy a lifetime supply of ring-pops but that would just make me jealous.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

nunsexmonkrock posted:

The obvious solution is to start popping coins into the toy machine at the grocery store until she gets a nice plastic ring.

I'd say she should buy a lifetime supply of ring-pops but that would just make me jealous.

lol thinking about this lady running out of the office bawling her eyes out because someone didn't bring enough ring pops for everyone

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nebrilos posted:

That might be a little difficult seeing as he's dead.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't think that's how rigor mortis works. :geno:

Kenshin posted:

I think you misread--it was her dead husband's. It can't be replaced (unless the clone-a-willy company kept it on file)

Ok, so is OP sure it was a dildo and not a Rasputin type situation?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

I think it's great she's divorcing him now that the relationship doesn't work for her. What's the alternative, suffer for the next 15 years and make the kid grow up with one parent who resents him?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foo Diddley posted:

just having every erogenous zone on my body carved into my tombstone for future reference and appreciation

A tombstone with a bunch of fleshlights and a dildo if its a guy. Why has no one else run with this million dollar idea?

Its not like it'll be more work for the caretakers since I assume they hose down the tombstones every once in a while. If it is more work charge admission for the more popular tombstones.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

The Glumslinger posted:

Bf uses role play to avoid sex with me

trickybiscuits posted:

Quoted for truth, and so I can refer to it later to win arguments.

eta:

This reminds me of the woman writing in because she and her boyfriend did sexy police roleplay and he took it very seriously and kept yelling "Officer down! Officer down!" when she got on top.

In addition to the all timer that is "officer down," does anyone remember a post where OP is lamenting how his gf is into sexy roleplay with stock corny scenarios (cop/prisoner, pirate/princess, nurse/patient, etc) but simultaneously forces him to come up with really lengthy, overly detailed backstories for the characters together with her for hours before they have sex and also gives them like, really stupid names but gets mad if OP laughs? I think one of the scenarios was like "she wanted me to be a sheriff called Jake gently caress and she's an outlaw which I said sounded fine, but she made us do all this background, like 'given the time period, is it realistic that this is Jake's first job in law enforcement?' " I think OP laughed when his wife wanted him to be a pirate called "captain fuckbeard" and he couldn't take it seriously and she got mad and gave him the cold shoulder. I'm not having any luck searching for this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Invisible Clergy posted:

In addition to the all timer that is "officer down," does anyone remember a post where OP is lamenting how his gf is into sexy roleplay with stock corny scenarios (cop/prisoner, pirate/princess, nurse/patient, etc) but simultaneously forces him to come up with really lengthy, overly detailed backstories for the characters together with her for hours before they have sex and also gives them like, really stupid names but gets mad if OP laughs? I think one of the scenarios was like "she wanted me to be a sheriff called Jake gently caress and she's an outlaw which I said sounded fine, but she made us do all this background, like 'given the time period, is it realistic that this is Jake's first job in law enforcement?' " I think OP laughed when his wife wanted him to be a pirate called "captain fuckbeard" and he couldn't take it seriously and she got mad and gave him the cold shoulder. I'm not having any luck searching for this.

She sounds awesome. I wonder if she's single. I mean, she's doing whatever she possibly can to be!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
On the subject of hucows, it looks like the fplus has a new episode!

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

teen witch posted:

Gonna guess that the first place Sierra ever heard this rule was from her fiancé, who's gonna remember that conversation as at least five years whenever they get close.

Meanwhile, someone on AITA hit on one of the few cases where they're 100% right to be upset by the style choices of a person in the wedding party:

AITA for telling my fiancee that she cannot have as her bridesmaid a girl who has Nazi tattoos on her upper back?

quote:

Basically, we are getting married, and one of her good friends who she is thinking of inviting as a bridesmaid has a Nazi tattoo on her upper back. This is not a generic religious swastika mistaken for a Nazi symbol; this is really the Nazi emblem, with the eagle and all. The even weirder thing I find about her is that she is not even white or seemingly a white supremacist. She is Southeast Asian, and she has been dating a black Nigerian immigrant dude for about a year now, who almost certainly knows about the tattoo.

I don't know her that well though, and I only found out about her tattoo a few days ago, and went to ask my soon-to-be wife about this. She said that Ms. Hitler got the tattoo because she thought it looked cool, and even though she was confronted by other friends about it, she was able to convince them that this is no more than an aesthetic, not a reflection of any of her beliefs. And they are buying it, probably because she isn't white and thus it is easy to believe that she's not a sincere Nazi. By the way, many people in her and my circle of friends and potential invitees are not white either.

My attitude on her decision to get her questionable tattoo is "yeah, whatever, your body your dumb choice", and I'm not a mind reader so I can't know what's going on in her head. But I still don't want that in my wedding.

So I told my fiancee that the Nazi tattoo chick cannot be her bridesmaid, and if she really wants to invite her to the wedding, her upper body had better be covered at all times. My wife became enraged at my suggestion, and said that if she cannot invite her, then we are not having a marriage. After all, she is a good friend of hers. She's still pretty mad at me.

AITA? I would absolutely be AITA if it's just a weird tattoo, but this is not just some tattoo, but a drat Nazi symbol. What do you think?

It's not that hard, OP. Just dump anyone who's friends with a girl with a Nazi tattoo.

(This got deleted quick so the mods probably thought it was fake, but whatever. It's pretty believable that someone would get a Nazi tattoo and then manage to convince all their dipshit friends that they did it for the aesthetics.)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Just remembered the one where the girlfriend would force OP to hold mock funerals for her and would get mad if he wasn't convincingly sad enough.

Also the one where the OPs boyfriend was obsessed with licking her rear end in a top hat but she wasn't really into it, so he'd spend hours just kissing her rear end and slowly making his way inward until she'd tell him to cut it out and he'd whine and sulk.

Also, also the one where the OPs girlfriend would make him eat her rear end every night in order to fall asleep.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

captain fuckbeard

Mods, please

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

That doesn't sound very hygienic.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Ok, your name is Pnurtis Horsecock. Why are you laughing? Pnurtis Horsecock is a serious man with a serious job as a Doctor. Now come up with a story for Dr. Pnurtis Horsecock.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

deety posted:

(This got deleted quick so the mods probably thought it was fake, but whatever. It's pretty believable that someone would get a Nazi tattoo and then manage to convince all their dipshit friends that they did it for the aesthetics.)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

deety posted:

Gonna guess that the first place Sierra ever heard this rule was from her fiancé, who's gonna remember that conversation as at least five years whenever they get close.

Meanwhile, someone on AITA hit on one of the few cases where they're 100% right to be upset by the style choices of a person in the wedding party:

AITA for telling my fiancee that she cannot have as her bridesmaid a girl who has Nazi tattoos on her upper back?

It's not that hard, OP. Just dump anyone who's friends with a girl with a Nazi tattoo.

I don't recall Stieg Larsson writing "The Girl With The Swastika Tattoo"

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

teen witch posted:

i've heard of this rule once before

it was 5 minutes ago when i read this story, but i have teachnically heard of it

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Invisible Clergy posted:

ok, what is officer down please?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Goon Boots posted:

ok, what is officer down please?

https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/781586920124088320

Tweet with a screenshot of the original story, the post itself was deleted off Reddit

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zore posted:

https://twitter.com/tombomp/status/781586920124088320

Tweet with a screenshot of the original story, the post itself was deleted off Reddit

Lol, I forgot about the Pink Panther bit, that's even better :haw:

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
AITA for sending my husband's mom a pic of the dirty dishes he left in the sink?

quote:

My husband pretty much stopped doing everything once he landed a job. All household chores became on me and I'm 6 months pregnant on top of working as well.
When I complained he told me I should quit my job, and things remained the same. That is til his mom who lives hours away heard about how exhausted I am and how her son doesn't help (I didn't intent on telling her but she heard). She had a talk with him and he promised to step up and help out. however, he keeps dragging his leg and doesn't complete a single chore saying he's exhausted from work.
He's been leaving dirty dishes in the sink instead of putting them in the dishwasher. When I told him about it he just brushed me off resulting in me basically handling dishs chore.
Last night I came home from work feeling exhausted, saw he had dinner (didn't save any for me) and left his dishes in the sink for me to do. NGL I made a fuss about it and his response was to get in my face and ask if I was really going to start a fight about dishes every night, then went to play inside the room. I had enough I took a picture of the dirty dishes in the sink and sent it to his mom explaining what her son was expecting me to do when I...didn't even get a shower or dinner yet.
She called him and went off on him. He kept talking to apologetically and insisted there was a misunderstanding. He ended up taking care of the dishes but then screamed at me calling me pathetic and childish to tattle on him to his mom like that. he then went into the room and wrote the word "b#@$" on the mirror using my lipstick. We had a huge argument and he went to his brother's place to spend the night, and is spending this night there too while not responding to my calls.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

New Coke posted:

AITA for sending my husband's mom a pic of the dirty dishes he left in the sink?

"once he landed a job"

so....you married some unemployed guy and decided to have a child with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Mister Olympus posted:

someone repost the steppe incel story, we have a steppe weeb

i wanna know the steppe incel one but idk if this dude is a steppe weeb. if he is central asian there is a very high chance he is like 1% related to ghengis. i say that as a steppe weeb though and he definatly sounds steppe weebish