Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

pigz posted:

The funny thing here to me is translating guanciale as bacon. Pancetta would be a better english/American substitution considering how hard guanciale is to get in the US. Doubt most Italians would like bacon in their carbonara.

They wouldnt but pancetta isn’t a translation either, pancetta also would roughly translate as bacon (wrongly). Could have just not translated it honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

i think you should consult your doctor about that op

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

You'll call it Cured Pork Jowl and you'll like it!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Imagine thinking the average dumbass American/British person is going to understand the subtle variations of Continental cured meats lmao. They think all salami is just pepperoni

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
an ivory tower made out of salami.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

italian quid posted:

Imagine thinking the average dumbass American/British person is going to understand the subtle variations of Continental cured meats lmao. They think all salami is just pepperoni

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

a beautiful message

a beautiful man

leclerc wdc 2022

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

Yes but not all pepperoni is salami. I learned this in geometry

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Stanley Tucci Italy show is good

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

The Stanley Tucci Italy show is good

Easy A is great, yeah

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

italian quid posted:

Show us your HAM.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Residency Evil posted:

Show us your HAM.

Hamiltong

(it'll be jacks links because it's fraudulent)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

italian quid posted:

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2019/09/20/its-world-paella-day-and-were-still-arguing-about-chorizo/

quote:

Jamie Oliver famously came under scrutiny for adding chorizo in 2014, and told Graham Norton in a TV interview that he received death threats over his version of the dish. “They went medieval on me, I had death threats and all sorts because of a bit of sausage,” Oliver said.

Even Bri*ish """chefs""" commit this mistake.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

No no he's a completely arrogant right wing rear end in a top hat out the car as well. Kind of shitheel who owns a pepe the frog shirt.

This is completely made up in your head right?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

britishcuisine.jpg

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

nawilo_420 posted:

this is what the british actually eat

♪in the arms of the aaangels♪

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

acidx posted:

♪in the arms of the aaangels♪

fry away from here

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

His Italian is impeccable. The message is wonderful. Just an absolute paragon of humanity.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Clarence posted:

Some books, maybe?

Heh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

Easy A is great, yeah

For real though, everyone should watch Easy A

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

styls trill epic posted:

This is completely made up in your head right?

Dude refused to kneel and then went around the paddock bitching about wokeness, even if it was just a gently caress you to lewis personally it still a dickhead makes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man I almost forgot about all the dweebs claiming that kneeling was personally offensive to them because of monarchies or some poo poo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Oh man I almost forgot about all the dweebs claiming that kneeling was personally offensive to them because of monarchies or some poo poo

“I’m supporting equal human rights in my own way I don’t need to be performative” “how are you doing this?” *crickets*

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would've understood the criticism of kneeling as performative more if it didn't make conservatives furious and thus obviously have some tangibly positive effects

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

learnincurve posted:

Dude refused to kneel and then went around the paddock bitching about wokeness, even if it was just a gently caress you to lewis personally it still a dickhead makes.

Neither of the Scud Studs kneeled either. Both of the honourable lads at McLaren did.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

lol @ Leclerc not kneeling when even Danny Ric, bogan from a supremely xenophobic and racist shithole, took a knee

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Mode 7 posted:

lol @ Leclerc not kneeling when even Danny Ric, bogan from a supremely xenophobic and racist shithole, took a knee

LeClerc's reasoning had a very "I've lived in Monaco my whole life and Lewis is the first PoC I've ever seen" vibe.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
With Max there was also his reaction to being called out for using an ableist slur when he was annoyed that another driver didn't do what he wanted. I can't remember if he even bothered with a half arsed 'I'm sorry if anyone was offended'

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I would've understood the criticism of kneeling as performative more if it didn't make conservatives furious and thus obviously have some tangibly positive effects

Growing up in Indiana attunes one to this.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

leclerc wdc this year, Max wdc next year :toxx:

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
interesting i assumed the OP made that up in his head I am still skeptical of judging european weirdos by epic american culture war standards

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
HIs color is orange because he supports tump lol.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm gonna go ahead and pass on whatever this is

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

I'm gonna go ahead and pass on whatever this is

same op

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

leclerc wdc this year, Max wdc next year never again :toxx:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

LeClerc's reasoning had a very "I've lived in Monaco my whole life and Lewis is the first PoC I've ever seen" vibe.

Really the only thing that makes me even slightly not like the glorious handsome future wdc

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

styls trill epic posted:

HIs color is orange because he supports tump lol.

do not come into this thread and make it weird. it’s your only warning.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mode 7 posted:

Danny isn't from the UK though?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

Let's not forget Max's flagship chud performance, which was both on track and kind of off. I will recount:
- Ocon unlapped himself past Max in a race where Max was in the lead or somewhere very high up the order and not in danger of losing position
- Max furiously ran a highly aggressive maneuver to repass Ocon for no rational reason, which resulted in Max and Ocon colliding. Both of them either spun out or crashed out
- After the race Max physically shoved Ocon near the weigh-in
- After that Max called Ocon a p---y (do I have to censor that? I don't know how rules work). Max didn't do that in an angry emotional rant to one of his mechanics in the paddock, he did it in a press conference inside a quiet room sitting on a panel with other drivers talking to reporters.

As someone said, he's mellowed out a bit, he might deserve some credit for not keeping up that level of bullshit. But it shows that he was raised by a violent misogynist and works for alt-right Austrian oligarchs. I guess in his defense you could say he hasn't posted videos of himself assaulting women on his social medias? Bravo Max?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
is gasley or leclerc more handsome