Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

GuavaMoment posted:

And now for a non-sequitur!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz29uticRHQ

Relevant later!

Context: Guava is Old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I don't know if I've ever used EMP grenades when playing this game. Just always struck me as kind of a pain in the rear end since they were so limited - am I sure there are even mechanical units on this mission? how many are there? will they be in the same pod or is it basically one dude per pod so there's never a great use? etc.

But it definitely makes a lot more sense if you know in advance that it's going to be a target-rich environment like in this case.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The EMP nades are something that are either worthless or the most amazing thing ever to have. There is no inbetween.

Personally I preferred the EMP ammo, bluescreen rounds. The only special ammo you can reliably make. My first campaign (back before 100+% accuracy attacks turned off enemy dodges. The appearance of Vipers tended to get the "Dear Grid Coordinates" treatment from me) I had a stealth-built Ranger who I used to delete certain late-game mechanized enemies. Run him up, stealth, then use the stealth bonus + Bluescreens to erase them.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

MagusofStars posted:

I don't know if I've ever used EMP grenades when playing this game. Just always struck me as kind of a pain in the rear end since they were so limited - am I sure there are even mechanical units on this mission? how many are there? will they be in the same pod or is it basically one dude per pod so there's never a great use? etc.

The Shadow Chamber at least ends the "are there even" debate. Personally though I never bother with EMP grenades but I hand out blue screen rounds for everyone. Yes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c.

Sectopods, Mechs, Codices, Gatekeepers, and the Andromedon shell are all made a lot easier that way, and there's always gonna be one of them on every lategame mission it feels like.

Alkydere posted:

Personally I preferred the EMP ammo, bluescreen rounds.

My man.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

While it's not the greatest glitch I've found in a Jake Solomon game, I at least got a little something in this video that reminds us that Jake needs to fix his game.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Amazing. Yeah you were displaying “Lost World” prominently in the Dark Events before you started that mission

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Also that SPARK is clearly keeping himself aloft with his jet boots. :colbert:

Sadly Jake is too busy doing Mutant XCOM to go back to Alien XCOM.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I can't believe Jade Star has no idea about Perfect Strangers, who could forget Balki.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am really surprised Jade didn't grab the third bar for the Templar.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
For historical reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xq0KmfKqwY

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Never apologize for dumping all the covert ops statboosts into a single soldier to make them ridiculous.

Case in point:

BlazetheInferno posted:

I am absolutely not kidding. This wasn't even the end of the campaign.

There were a couple of other mods involved, but RPGO (which was used in this run) doesn't let you go crazy with HP with its stat mechanics, so it was still just the Covert Actions that this happened with.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The 40k community have absolutely done thirsty Sisters of Battle fanart.

Also I think deflect/reflect work better based on how much focus you have, so 3 focus is extra spicy

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Oh man, mead is great. I just wish it was easier to find here. (Australia.) For what is I think supposed to be the oldest alcoholic drink known to man - literally prehistoric - it seems surprisingly unpopular, relatively.

(I'll admit to being a dork who first tried mead because it was in Skyrim, though.)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

The 40k community have absolutely done thirsty Sisters of Battle fanart.

That pretty much goes for all the factions.
All of them.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I highly doubt the Bentusi Demiurg have thirsty fanart.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

By which I mean tabletop faction, and not some vaguely mentioned one with barely any detail.
And the new Squats don't count because they're a separate one from the Demiurg.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I see how it is. Goalpost mover. You're just afraid to go looking.

Same to be honest. :ohdear:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Antistar01 posted:

(I'll admit to being a dork who first tried mead because it was in Skyrim, though.)

I first tried mead because it can be made out of honey! And I like sweet drinks so I thought it'd be good. It was a less ideal match than I had hoped for, but it wasn't terrible.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Jade Star posted:

I first tried mead because it can be made out of honey! And I like sweet drinks so I thought it'd be good. It was a less ideal match than I had hoped for, but it wasn't terrible.

My friend and I made mead prior to 2020 isolation. He made cactus prickly pear mead while I made Mountain dew mead.

Prickly pear was made by harvesting the fruits from cactuses. Where we live in has a ton of these cacti so it was literally just walking alongside roads with a bucket. It unfortunately did not turn out well because of temperature fluctuations during the ferment, so he gave me his remaining 30 bottles. I've been distilling them into honeyjack. It's an explosion of strange flavors. Not something to drink heavily but an experience.

The mountain dew mead I made turned out very well, probably one of my brews. Literally just a ton of honey, champagne yeast and replacing the water with Mountain Dew of your choice. The fermentation kills the overly sweetened flavor of the mountain dew and you are left with a lighter, more fresh brew. It's the kind you can drink all day without realizing it is alcohol.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Donkringel posted:

My friend and I made mead prior to 2020 isolation. He made cactus prickly pear mead while I made Mountain dew mead.

Prickly pear was made by harvesting the fruits from cactuses. Where we live in has a ton of these cacti so it was literally just walking alongside roads with a bucket. It unfortunately did not turn out well because of temperature fluctuations during the ferment, so he gave me his remaining 30 bottles. I've been distilling them into honeyjack. It's an explosion of strange flavors. Not something to drink heavily but an experience.

The mountain dew mead I made turned out very well, probably one of my brews. Literally just a ton of honey, champagne yeast and replacing the water with Mountain Dew of your choice. The fermentation kills the overly sweetened flavor of the mountain dew and you are left with a lighter, more fresh brew. It's the kind you can drink all day without realizing it is alcohol.

The sad reality is that most meads just aren't very good. Mead is temperamental and it's difficult to arrange large volumes of consistent product. I've had some very good meads and a lot of not very good ones. But the good ones were very good.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Cider's better than mead anyway.

And rum's better than both but that's spirits.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

On our next trip back to The Stranger we continue to learn via slide shows! Also we learn why the dam breaks and it's not just because the dam has a sense of dramatic timing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

It is nice that the dam has a reason to break. Like it makes sense: the architecture in the ancient, rotted away wooden space ship is kind of delicate so if any extra force is applied things get messy.

As compared to Ash Twin dumping its sand on Ember Twin just because "your eternal, looping 22 minute career as an astronaut was at exactly the right point in the twins' cycle" and Brittle Hollow's falling apart because "Something something volcano moon is going crazy because it can sense the sun is about to explode" mixed with "The volcano moon has beat on the planet for so long that it finally reached peach fragility right loving now".

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's at least very thematic, what with the universe literally ending, so entropy kind of reaching its maximum as everything falls apart feels right even if it's a little convenient.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Hey so remember when we found Jon Bailys Cameo account and were like 'we should get him to say 'fix your game jake'? I finally acted on that, but cameo's request form is a little poo poo so I twitter DM'd him and got a reply. So thread, I need your collective brainstorming here. What do we want to have him say?

"Fix you game, Jake" or "Jake, fix your game" maybe a more personal "Jake Soloman... fix. your. game." etc.

Also given the pricing and such, I think I can get a few more lines included in the pricing, so we can brainstorm a few more things we'd like to hear the Council Member say. maybe praising Ciaphus Cain? help me out.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Jade Star posted:

Hey so remember when we found Jon Bailys Cameo account and were like 'we should get him to say 'fix your game jake'? I finally acted on that, but cameo's request form is a little poo poo so I twitter DM'd him and got a reply. So thread, I need your collective brainstorming here. What do we want to have him say?

"Fix you game, Jake" or "Jake, fix your game" maybe a more personal "Jake Soloman... fix. your. game." etc.

Also given the pricing and such, I think I can get a few more lines included in the pricing, so we can brainstorm a few more things we'd like to hear the Council Member say. maybe praising Ciaphus Cain? help me out.

could go for something pertinent to the LP/videos/commentary along the lines of "Good luck, nerds. We... will be drinking"

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

My vote is definitely on "Jake Solomon... fix. your. game." It's the catchphrase of these LPs after all.
Otherwise I'm coming up short on ideas.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

As long as any spoken name has the same intonation as everyone in the game uses when saying, "Commander."

"Fix your game... Jake."

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

"Congratulations on yet another instant Repeater kill on an Alien Ruler, Commander."

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
"Guava can suck Andromedong."

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
You have to have him say “Welcome… to a very special episode of the Commander’s Field Manual to the Resistance” or some variation thereof.

Or “what root beer will you be drinking today… Commander?”

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
"Vahlen did nothing wrong" :colbert:

or if you're going for bonus lines, maybe something from the bonus content?
How about ... "Nomai" :v:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

I loved one of the comments you made in the last video.

Something about "That's not a big enough giant robotic crab, yet."?

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

"And I'm Guava Moment"

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Olesh posted:

The sad reality is that most meads just aren't very good. Mead is temperamental and it's difficult to arrange large volumes of consistent product. I've had some very good meads and a lot of not very good ones. But the good ones were very good.
I keep bees and every year I try my hand at mead.

One day I'll make a good one

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

I keep bees and every year I try my hand at mead.

One day I'll make a good one

took me a second to realize you were changing the topic a bit. I want epic voice guy to say this real bad now

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
"Jake, Jake? Your game? Fix it?"

and have him mimic Guava's ragequit. Or just something Guava's said. Idk but I feel "Jake fix your game" is your line Jade. Gotta give Guava something too. :shobon:

Narsham posted:

You have to have him say “Welcome… to a very special episode of the Commander’s Field Manual to the Resistance” or some variation thereof.

Or “what root beer will you be drinking today… Commander?”

I like these too.

Also, Obviously, get him to ham up to 11 for a death gasp.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"I'm Jade Star and welcome to the Field Guide Commander's Guide...poo poo."
"I'm Jade Star and this is the Commander's Field Manual to the Guide...goddammit."
"I'm Jade Star and this is the Field Commander's Guide to the War of the Chosen! No wait. Dammit."
"I"m GuavaMoment and welcome back to the Commander's Field Manual to the War of the Chosen! Close enough."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Shut up, Bradford."