Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Rogue former Queensland LNP MP George Christensen has abandoned his plan to retire from ­parliament at the May 21 election and will run instead as a One ­Nation candidate. Which seat is not yet announced (he was in Dawson).

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NPR Journalizard posted:

Hey does anyone else remember people taking the piss out of Howard because he lived at home till his 30s or some poo poo

In any other world, Howard would have been the weird uncle who worked in the mail sorting room, never moved out of his parents' house and, during family gatherings, you'd make sure he wasn't left alone with children.

Instead, we let him lead the country for a decade.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Hey does anyone else remember people taking the piss out of Howard because he lived at home till his 30s or some poo poo

John Howard walked so all the millennials/zoomers could run

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In any other world, Howard would have been the weird uncle who worked in the mail sorting room, never moved out of his parents' house and, during family gatherings, you'd make sure he wasn't left alone with children.

Instead, we let him lead the country for a decade.

Howard was also the federal Treasurer for 5 years and deputy leader under Fraser who introduced a bunch of free market policies that have hosed us over to this day

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Not knowing basic figures like the cash and unemployment rate as opposition leader is pretty bad tbh. As if you don't know you'll get shredded on this stuff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also lol at Waleed supporting the liberals until he gets taken out in rahowa big take.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I dotn think it'll cause Scott to win though.

It's all media fluff no real person actually gives a toss he forgot the number. It's just press pack memes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

Not knowing basic figures like the cash and unemployment rate as opposition leader is pretty bad tbh. As if you don't know you'll get shredded on this stuff.

Embarrassing in the moment, but everyone forgets random poo poo, and I bet you for the past few weeks he's been memorizing a lot of numbers relating to their policies.

Wish there was a fraction of the beat up every time a politician "can't recall" something actually scandalous.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Pleasant Friend posted:

Wasn't it just this Feb that Scott was in trouble for "not knowing the price of living" because his wife did the shopping?

It was finding RATs and the price of RATs after the whole open for business wait no one can actually find RATs debacle. I think he said Jen went and got them. Then he went and got them (he sat in the car while his driver went and got it). I think, I wouldn't trust my memory.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

The member for Manila has logged on.

https://twitter.com/joshbutler/status/1513983635539443712?s=21&t=AqJKdziIdUa4kpeRGaljDA

Also, what’s the go with Scott Morrison having drinks with gallery journalists, is this normal?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
if christensen runs in his current electorate then he's pretty likely to win, but his chances elsewhere are much lower. he hasn't made it clear where he's going to run yet.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

you should touch grass if you seriously believe this imho

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It’s important to note at this point that George Christensen is not a pedophile and if you’re still confused, his lawyers are happy to clear up any misconceptions you might have.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

you should touch grass if you seriously believe this imho

"Silly albo" was a big talking point for trades door knockers last night and they were touching grass for hours :)

I've never gone to a meeting for an EBA and forgotten poo poo like base rates or whatever, the peanut gallery loves to heckle.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will say if I was a journalist it's incredibly easy to hitch this memory hole with the fact that alp policy is also a black hole of nothing

Anidav posted:

I dotn think it'll cause Scott to win though.

It's all media fluff no real person actually gives a toss he forgot the number. It's just press pack memes.

Yeh the Scomo gently caress ups per minute will dwarf it today most likely

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

"Silly albo" was a big talking point for trades door knockers last night and they were touching grass for hours :)

I've never gone to a meeting for an EBA and forgotten poo poo like base rates or whatever, the peanut gallery loves to heckle.

what language is this written in??? what does this even mean?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

what language is this written in??? what does this even mean?

Trades hall door knockers were getting "silly albo" all last night while speaking to punters. They were outdoors "touching grass" as you put it.

An enterprise agreement is the document containing negotiated outcomes for a workplace. It contains a lot of information. Being across this information is important so as not to look a fool or have your meeting derailed by people interrupting you.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

Trades hall door knockers were getting "silly albo" all last night while speaking to punters. They were outdoors "touching grass" as you put it.

An enterprise agreement is the document containing negotiated outcomes for a workplace. It contains a lot of information. Being across this information is important so as not to look a fool or have your meeting derailed by people interrupting you.

maybe this is the "melbourne bubble" thing but what the hell is a trades hall door knocker? wouldn't it be more apt to knock on a door that isn't a trade hall?

i don't think we have many trades hall in the bastion of light, hope, and sunshine - Brisbane (pbuh)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What is this outside you speak of?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

just think it's pretty ironic that some union dude is like "hell yeah, our union guys are definitely touching grass" where the unions did the "change the rules" campaign prior to the last federal election and I am sure we can all agree that the unions collectively in this case were not "touching grass" at all.

what proportion of australian workers are even in unions these days?

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

it seems the reason there are no rentals in regional anywhere is because all the houses are up for sale for inflated rates to people fleeing the city, and it's annoying to sell a house with tenants in it. so the landlords are just costing the lost rent into the asking price and kicking the tenants out so the house stays inspection-ready at all times. where do the tenants go? who cares

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

just think it's pretty ironic that some union dude is like "hell yeah, our union guys are definitely touching grass" where the unions did the "change the rules" campaign prior to the last federal election and I am sure we can all agree that the unions collectively in this case were not "touching grass" at all.

what proportion of australian workers are even in unions these days?

They're not talking to union members. They're election door knockers talking to people in Chisholm which is a swing seat. I'm not sure what membership means, I was referencing having to address a large pool of people and feedback from people doing election work. You're working harder than Waleed to say it's not true that the gently caress ups cut through. Albanese looks like an idiot in the footage.

I went to an actu pre-election meeting and said change the rules was stupid and I didn't understand what it was about. Got a super defensive reaction and no further invites lol. It was dogshit and nobody cared. I don't even know what the actu campaign is this time, probably something equally obtuse.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I do not feel political door knocking suffices to fulfill the spirit of 'touching grass'

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I do not feel political door knocking suffices to fulfill the spirit of 'touching grass'

It's talking to people and they say what they think. What constitutes touching grass? Totally disconnecting yourself from media and other people while quietly wishing for less politics in videogames?

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

meanwhile, rent for units in inner melbourne has dropped ~$50/week in the past three months

chaos!

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

once the rent drops to about $180/week for a studio, all the poor people will return and melbourne will become cool for a while

lih
May 15, 2013

JBP posted:

They're not talking to union members. They're election door knockers talking to people in Chisholm which is a swing seat. I'm not sure what membership means, I was referencing having to address a large pool of people and feedback from people doing election work. You're working harder than Waleed to say it's not true that the gently caress ups cut through. Albanese looks like an idiot in the footage.

I went to an actu pre-election meeting and said change the rules was stupid and I didn't understand what it was about. Got a super defensive reaction and no further invites lol. It was dogshit and nobody cared. I don't even know what the actu campaign is this time, probably something equally obtuse.

from what i've seen their campaign this time just involves a lot of signs of morrison in a hawaiian shirt which is potentially dumber

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

meanwhile, rent for units in inner melbourne has dropped ~$50/week in the past three months

chaos!

It will probs go up again when international students start coming back. The RMIT adjacent bit of town is very dead right now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

lih posted:

from what i've seen their campaign this time just involves a lot of signs of morrison in a hawaiian shirt which is potentially dumber

Oh yeah I've seen that. Morrison bad is messaging people can connect with at least.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

JBP posted:

It will probs go up again when international students start coming back. The RMIT adjacent bit of town is very dead right now.
a lot of inner-city landlords are getting financially desperate. strange things will come of this

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

meanwhile beet resides in his lerderderg fortress, gloating sluttily

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

It's talking to people and they say what they think. What constitutes touching grass? Totally disconnecting yourself from media and other people while quietly wishing for less politics in videogames?

No that sounds like something you just made up. Touching grass would be throwing a footy around maybe going for a swim, doing some self care, in my personal definition

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

No that sounds like something you just made up. Touching grass would be throwing a footy around maybe going for a swim, doing some self care, in my personal definition

I don't know what touch grass means I thought it was online lingo for disconnect from twitter

To clarify; public opinion isn't real so go kick a footy?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

recoome swinging for the fences with the "unions are poo poo at campaigning politically" take

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
One Nation leader Pauline Hanson confirmed on Wednesday morning Mr Christensen would be the party's third Senate candidate, rather than contest Dawson, where One Nation has already selected Julie Hall as its candidate for the seat.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

I don't know what touch grass means I thought it was online lingo for disconnect from twitter

To clarify; public opinion isn't real so go kick a footy?

You are extremely mad about being told to touch grass. I would consider touching some grass.

lih
May 15, 2013

JBP posted:

Oh yeah I've seen that. Morrison bad is messaging people can connect with at least.

yeah it's just a weird goofy form of it that feels like it could be a lot more effective idk

hanson announced that george christensen is running for the senate as third candidate on the one nation ticket in qld so it's not at all a serious attempt and is obviously just so he can get the $100k "resettlement allowance" that mps are entitled to if they are disendorsed (for reasons other than misconduct) or lose re-election (even if they run for a different seat or the other house of parliament)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

To be fair the actu have been poo poo for a while and it's full of wonks. Trades hall are better since they focus on electorates and do grass roots things like talk to people. They're the ones that get all the firefighters and nurses out spruiking for Dan for instance.

E: probably not next time tho because they all hate him now lol

JBP fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 13, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

You are extremely mad about being told to touch grass. I would consider touching some grass.

But I'm not mad? I'm just chatting. Sounds like you're projecting something onto me because you seem eternally upset or angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/MaduraMcCormack/status/1514040859347484674

lmao