Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

everyone knows that there were four warriors of light. what this game presupposes is... what if there were five?

reading this and hearing a slavoj zizek sniff in the middle of it for some reason lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

6 definitely goes a little overboard on back attacks and pincers, it's in the original too.

the Arm fight can be really nasty if you don't know about it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nothing 8n ff6 is nasty if youre above the age of 6

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

big bro doing squats in the corner with his eggs and scowling at every chips order

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Stranger of Paradise is awesome, there are way too many mechanics and jobs and skills and it's just really excessive in an enjoyable way. Really hope they get a shot at a sequel one day because it's the kind of thing that could be perfect with some refinement.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. they're making a t-shirt line at uniqlo that kind of pwns even if my sturdy keglike body cant fit their pathetic small clothes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Playing ffx along with a book-club-formatted podcast. Stopped at Killika village waiting for the next episode.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Playing ffx along with a book-club-formatted podcast. Stopped at Killika village waiting for the next episode.

What podcast. I have autism

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I got the tude now posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

macarena temple

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

macarena temple

macalania temple

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

macarena temple

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

someone please play through ffx in japanese and tell me what dipshit thing tidus says there instead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

someone please play through ffx in japanese and tell me what dipshit thing tidus says there instead

Clyde Mandelin did already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z2zqLbFy2Q

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the god tomato

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ayiii

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i got the tism now

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the chocobo racing minigame in final fanasy x can go gently caress itself

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it makes me so mad!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

not final fantasy but sad that the chrono cross remaster seems to be all hosed up.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

not final fantasy but sad that the chrono cross remaster seems to be all hosed up.

What's wrong with it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the chocobo racing minigame in final fanasy x can go gently caress itself

it's only the third worst mini-game, too. lightning bolts beats it out for pure tedium and the butterfly one is among the worst in any final fantasy game imo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

it's only the third worst mini-game, too. lightning bolts beats it out for pure tedium and the butterfly one is among the worst in any final fantasy game imo.

the lightning dodging game is the most fucekd up thing i've 3ever heard of in a final fantasy game lol at least that and the butterfly ones have items i've never once wanted. i only beat the chocobo race this time and i looked up a route to finally beat it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually don’t think the Chocobo mini game is that bad but I will never in my life do lightning dodging or blitzball to get those weapons

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blitzball kicks rear end but i will never do lightning dodging or the butterflies. chocobo racing i'm only gonna do a few times to see if i bingo it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lightning dodging is a young gamer’s pursuit. I can’t do it anymore

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i actually love blitzball. if anything it's too easy and you have to play way too much, but as it is it would probalby make me scream if it was hard.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think blitzball is the only one I never did just because of how much you have to play. I never did beat Penance or the monster arena either because you basically need maxed out Wakka to get through that nonsense.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I actually don’t think the Chocobo mini game is that bad but I will never in my life do lightning dodging or blitzball to get those weapons

In high school I did 200 lightning dodges and one attempt I got hit at 190 something and had a calm gamer freak out moment at 11:30 PM.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

In high school I did 200 lightning dodges and one attempt I got hit at 190 something and had a calm gamer freak out moment at 11:30 PM.

My friend sat with his back to the TV in a dark room and pressed the button whenever the room lit up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

turning on podcasts to ruin th e things i enjoy

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Kongming posted:

lol

Arrhythmia posted:

My friend sat with his back to the TV in a dark room and pressed the button whenever the room lit up

woah

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

"you ok in there honey?"

"get out mom I'm busy dodging lightning!!"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

theyre all bad and i hope the square employee who put them in the game got the help they needed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i actually love blitzball. if anything it's too easy and you have to play way too much, but as it is it would probalby make me scream if it was hard.

blitzball is really easy imo just grab the good players in luca and you will never have to worry about losing a game ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

blitzball is really easy imo just grab the good players in luca and you will never have to worry about losing a game ever again

did you read the post you quoted