Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
do you guys remember the crazy guy who tried to blow up one of those hospital ships by ramming it with a train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

inferis posted:

the cantina music is called jizz

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Also sorry for all the posting, there is a scary storm outside and I am posting through it, someone is going to wake up tomorrow and see how many posts they missed and expect to find some groundbreaking covid research itt and it will just be me posting Star Wars facts I'm so sorry everyone

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

look at this scrub who doesn't mix in their other song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVADOLRf54

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

the last movie i saw in theaters was star wars episode 9

i hosed up

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

there was a 40 minute sequence in the middle of that movie where ObiWan Kenobi rides a giant iguana that won't stop screaming.
lmao

Maybe it realized it was in a Star Wars prequel and was breaking the fourth wall

Mine is just the THX sound.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

WampaLord posted:

look at this scrub who doesn't mix in their other song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVADOLRf54

Hey, some of us prefer our jizz to be wailing

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zugzwang posted:

lmao

Maybe it realized it was in a Star Wars prequel and was breaking the fourth wall

Mine is just the THX sound.

I went to see Episode 2 with the same guy and when they were in the 2 hour long factory sequence where 3PO is making jokes about how he's gone to pieces or some poo poo I got up and walked out but then realized I didn't drive myself there so I walked up and down the hallway until I got up the nerve to go back and keep watching the movie.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

my son is named star wars

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

is covid over?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm a thousand posts behind did something especially bad happen (or is about to happen)

10 new omicron variants have been discovered in the month of april so far

Trixie Hardcore posted:

https://twitter.com/a__virologist/status/1513574886006046727

The good news is its unlikely to spread to the US because things that happen in other countries don’t affect us.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

also i found this photo

i wonder what happened in 2020
loving hell

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I went to see Episode 2 with the same guy and when they were in the 2 hour long factory sequence where 3PO is making jokes about how he's gone to pieces or some poo poo I got up and walked out but then realized I didn't drive myself there so I walked up and down the hallway until I got up the nerve to go back and keep watching the movie.
I don’t think I have ever hated a movie enough to walk out. I do remember the entire packed theater I was in being stunned into speechlessness by the trailer for Son of the Mask though.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

BONGHITZ posted:

my son is named star wars

After Rey Starwars I assume.

Zugzwang posted:

I don’t think I have ever hated a movie enough to walk out. I do remember the entire packed theater I was in being stunned into speechlessness by the trailer for Son of the Mask though.

I don't think I walked out because I hated it so much as I couldn't endure it, I just had to leave, I had to get in my car and drive home and never see another star war it was a survival instinct I suppose.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
If those Shanghai pet disposal videos going around are real, and they sure look real, it's pretty hosed up. I get why they're worried about animal reservoirs, but there's got to be a better solution than standing around in hazmat suits beating dogs to death with poles.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is basically what I do with Star Wars. I've never seen a single Star Wars movie end to end. People get insanely pissed off about that for some reason.

I've also never seen a Harry Potter

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I love Star Wars a lot more than Covid.

I remember repeatedly checking out books from the library that were just fake schematics and descriptions of Star Wars ships and vehicles.

I also remember audibly groaning at "Our love can't save you. Only my new powers can!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
yes i prefer the real schematics of star wars vehicles

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

If those Shanghai pet disposal videos going around are real, and they sure look real, it's pretty hosed up. I get why they're worried about animal reservoirs, but there's got to be a better solution than standing around in hazmat suits beating dogs to death with poles.

Yeah they should be using bricks

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Don’t quote the faces of evil post, you are going to make the poz goons see death angels in their dreams that look like Chise.

Late to this party but I have in fact already had a dream in the past about arguing with my one of my friends about a Chise post; I believe it occurred shortly after Chise posted 'yes it's fine to delay getting your booster (because American policy is to wait six months or more between boosters) just go to the loving convention already', and that friend (not the same person Chise was responding to, for clarity) went to that furry convention. Said friend then had Covid afterward, but with a long enough delay in between they were able to rationalize it as having caught it at the grocery store; not that that's impossible, as it would have been a really long dormancy period, but it seems odd to rule out the con entirely given they were already known as vectors of plague BEFORE the current global pandemic.

I'm sure Chise means well, but I have grown to hate that smug, over-confident pine marten every time they step outside of their narrow domain of expertise to carpet-bomb the world with the kind of blind optimism that makes my attempts at studious zen optimism look bad, which is a thing they do, apparently, loving CONSTANTLY.

My cool death dreams involve a complicated and involved after-life that is some pleasant mixture of buddhism and simulation theory and the ending of The Good Place, a sort of indefinite afterlife waiting room and recovery zone from the rigors of life and its injustices that's probably insufferable in concept to absolutely everyone else on Earth. Also in those dreams I have a cool, albeit impractical beach house, and no dysmorphia, so that's nice I guess.

My lamest death dreams are just me waking up flailing in flight or fight response as my brain has tricked itself into thinking I am currently actively in the process of dying.

The death dreams in the spectrum between those two involve yelling at the grim reaper or being shot by the relatives of my landlord or getting murder-suicided by my friends or slowly succumbing to mild pneumonia in a hospital.

Fun times!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shanghai has declared that playtime is over?

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Chairman Xi, my dogs yearn for pentobarb.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Relatedly I loving hate the toxic optimism copium poo poo for the incredibly petty personal reason that it encourages people online and off to poo poo on me for not trying to be as nihilistic as I can possibly be. 'It's worth trying to enjoy life while you can and fight for good things even if you don't or can't win those fights' seems to read to a lot of people as liberal woke-scolding, somehow? Like, gently caress, I'm not asking people to join my personal crusade to go kick racist old white dudes in the face, I'm not cool enough to organize something like that, if you wanna party at the end of the world party on just don't waste energy making GBS threads on the people who wanna garden or do local politics instead drat

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Palladium posted:

If Hollywood dies it's a big net plus for the world

Netflix and co. would immediately assume control of the World Movie Culture

Lmao

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Apologies for making GBS threads up the spam so much as of late, but I'm being forced to move house very, very soon and I don't cope well with being forced to wait on something so this week has been Problems Town

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I'll hand it to them that the bit at the beginning with multiple masks and the woman next to him putting them on as they're taken off was kinda funny. If it had ended there this would only have been a little obnoxious and stupid, but holy poo poo they really just kept going. I haven't seen anything so condescending and smug while being utterly wrong in a while. These people are literally too stupid to live.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I hope the Babylon Bee staff all catch covid and end up with enough brain damage so that they're incapable of posting on the internet.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Wisest Moron posted:

I hope the Babylon Bee staff all catch covid and end up with enough brain damage so that they're incapable of posting on the internet.

God, half-listening: "What's that? You said covid and brain damage so they're more capable of posting? Seems weird, but okay!"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
yeah I don’t think it ever stopped them before

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

how many more unfunny comedy troupes does the world need?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

toggle posted:

how many more unfunny comedy troupes does the world need?

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but they've already gone exponential, by 2030 every single human being on Earth will be in multiple lovely boring improv skit groups at once

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Yeah I think they're real, there are definitely incidents of people releasing their pets to be strays thinking they will be fine on their own and they do not end up fine. And last year some hazmat guys got fired for going into a lady's apartment while she was in quarantine and killing her dog. I don't know if Shanghai has any sort of apparatus to deal with people's pets or strays. I know years ago they had a big problem with people just chucking their dead pets random places because there wasn't any sort of death care industry for pets so no one knew what to do with them and would just dump them in a public park or something, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have the kind of animal disposal systems US pounds have where they can round them up and euthanize a bunch of animals at once out of sight.

That sounds really ghoulish but I mean, when we have to euthanize a bunch of animals we have a system set up to do that efficiently and even if Shanghai does they may not be able to easily use it in the current situation. Could also be a couple workers doing something hosed up to an animal because they don't think it's being filmed, because yeah that sounds both hosed up and inefficient.

e: there's an article on CNN confirming the video that I won't share because they put the video in the article.

quote:

“In the end, I thought I could let (the corgi) loose outside to become a stray, at least it wouldn’t starve to death,” the owner wrote in an online group, explaining he had no dog food left at home, according to China News Weekly. “I never thought once we had left, it would be beaten to death.”

He claimed a neighborhood committee had declined to help care for the dog, the magazine reported. The committee said it was concerned the corgi could have been infected too.

“At that time, the workers did not consider (the matter) very comprehensively. We will communicate with the owner and offer compensation later,” the committee said in response, according to China News Weekly.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Apologies for making GBS threads up the spam so much as of late, but I'm being forced to move house very, very soon and I don't cope well with being forced to wait on something so this week has been Problems Town

I literally talked about Star Wars for three pages.

Trixie Hardcore has issued a correction as of 07:15 on Apr 13, 2022

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Salt Fish posted:

God, half-listening: "What's that? You said covid and brain damage so they're more capable of posting? Seems weird, but okay!"

:negative:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Barry Soteriology posted:

i got some news. if you're itt and you have under 5 vaccines gtfo

i dunno if that comes off kinda aggro, it is meant in jest.
hahah

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but they've already gone exponential, by 2030 every single human being on Earth will be in multiple lovely boring improv skit groups at once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:justpost: I don't apologize at all and will continue making GBS threads everywhere, as is the custom at the time(now).

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

people wanted to see the COVID twitter breeds again?

blast from the past
crackle-pings & leo's are my favorite

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pillowpants posted:

Everybody I work with is some degree of sick right now. All of them are still going out unmasked, have Easter dinner plans, and have accepted that it’s COVID but think it’s only a common cold now.

i get spoken to whenever I try to suggest people avoid long COVID.

We’re all screwed
lol a coworker at the office today bragged about coming in with a cold
'don't worry it's not covid, i can smell things'
l
m
a
o

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tulip posted:

just watched the madoka movies, they were v good, felt nice n harrowed by the end
i've only ever seen the original madoka tv series, do the movies continue the story or is it just a big recap of the whole series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Everyone in the household has had known Covid contact and we've all been sick with absolutely miserable flu/cold-like illnesses at least twice in the past year, but for Reasons we're all rationalizing it as being Most Assuredly Not Covid (and not bothering to test to confirm that) because we didn't have the entire symptoms checklist and no one died. To be fair, one person in the house works in a hospital and gets regular testing, but then that person's father keeps going out to eat at buffets and spends most of his time with the Trumper grandchild who Is Known For Sure to have had covid already, so it kinda seems like it's only a matter of time if it didn't already slip a test somewhere.

My rationalization for it not being covid and not testing for it is because if the household DOES know with certainty that they caught and survived covid, I expect them to go into full-blown survivorship bias narcosis and ramp up risk-taking behaviors by a minimum of sixteen-thousand percent.