Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tony KKKhan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Tony Klan

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Seams posted:

I thought AEW was the woke safespace wrestling promotion? Now it’s for edgelords!? I can’t keep up.

Just wait til the wrestling community catches up to the current rightwing hysteria and suddenly AEW is the company for pedophiles and groomers cause they've have gay people on their roster

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Drakkel posted:

Just wait til the wrestling community catches up to the current rightwing hysteria and suddenly AEW is the company for pedophiles and groomers cause they've have gay people on their roster

This has already happened in regards to Omega and Riho.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

I love takes like that because the Cornheads can't help but expose themselves by using his stupid terminology, it's an instant idiot litmus test.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drakkel posted:

People wonder why WWE went PG and apparently it's cause sports entertainment fans are massive babies

Daniel Garcia is scared of blading

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You're really exposing your ignorance of the indie circuit if you think taking place in a high school gym is somehow bad or even particularly unusual. Corny's probably run them!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/TheRaginAsian92/status/1514117851463839746

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ok "the outlaw promotion pancrase" has officially triggered me

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Seams posted:

I thought AEW was the woke safespace wrestling promotion? Now it’s for edgelords!? I can’t keep up.

So you see, AEW is full of soft, short manlets who couldn't be able to hang with the old school guys or ever win a fight in the old days, but they are also too violent and take wrestling too far and no child should watch them.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Just wait til the wrestling community catches up to the current rightwing hysteria and suddenly AEW is the company for pedophiles and groomers cause they've have gay people and trans women on their roster

ftfy

I am incredibly worried for Nyla if the TERFs get into wrestling

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Venomous posted:

ftfy

When AEW was in Pittsburgh last time, some shithead started saying transphobic garbage when Nyla came out. Enough of us around him told him to shut up that he did, and like 10 minutes later some security guard or something (he had a polo shirt of the arena on) came by, talked to him, and the dude was pretty silent the rest of the show.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

ok "the outlaw promotion pancrase" has officially triggered me

Makes pancrase sound even cooler

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Venomous posted:

ftfy

I mean Cornette was on his podcast a year or two ago talking about how her character should be that she's a man in women's clothing who just likes beating up women. It's already been pretty fuckin bad.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

outlaw promotion and mud show are cornette terms I wish didn't stick in the general wrestling fan's subconscious.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TV Zombie posted:

outlaw promotion and mud show are cornette terms I wish didn't stick in the general wrestling fan's subconscious.

the stupid part of it is that I can't think of much that sounds cooler than an outlaw mud show.

"Hey, do you want to go watch a wrestling show in a local leisure centre?" - eh, maybe, depends who's wrestling.

"Hey, do you want to go watch an OUTLAW MUD SHOW?" - gently caress yeah.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

It's also stupid because "Outlaw Promotion" would refer to any promotion that's not a part of the territories, aka literally every wrestling promotion today

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lamuella posted:

the stupid part of it is that I can't think of much that sounds cooler than an outlaw mud show.

"Hey, do you want to go watch a wrestling show in a local leisure centre?" - eh, maybe, depends who's wrestling.

"Hey, do you want to go watch an OUTLAW MUD SHOW?" - gently caress yeah.

What about a PREMIER LIVE EVENT at CORPORATE OWNED ARENA

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I mean Cornette was on his podcast a year or two ago talking about how her character should be that she's a man in women's clothing who just likes beating up women. It's already been pretty fuckin bad.

I mean, yes, that's a lovely transphobic angle and par for the course, but I'm specifically talking about the kind of TERFs who are causing bullshit moral panics about trans women in sports, most recently Lia Thomas, whose explicit goal is to eliminate trans women from the public eye.

How long until we get TERFs demanding that Tony Khan bans Nyla from the women's division to #SaveWomensWrestling or whatever, and how do we fight that poo poo before it happens?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm fairly certain that Tony is not going to even entertain those kinds of demands for a solitary second.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also people are already being that lovely and have been since she was announced as part of the women's division, just not in places you're seeing. they don't get posted here because there's rightfully a thread rule against just dumping bigotry in here b/c those aren't fun takes you can laugh about

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I have a feeling that Big Poster Tony would respond to a coordinated TERF campaign by signing every trans wrestler available and boom, world champion Kidd

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

flatluigi posted:

also people are already being that lovely and have been since she was announced as part of the women's division, just not in places you're seeing. they don't get posted here because there's rightfully a thread rule against just dumping bigotry in here b/c those aren't fun takes you can laugh about

Yeah, generally speaking we want the entertainingly bad takes ITT, like from people who legit think wrestling didn't exist before Vince showed up, or people who are obvious hypocrites about stuff, or people who just come up with the goddamndest brain worms takes about things. The tweets/posts that are just straight up racism/sexism/homophobia, or that's like super creepy stalker "here is my fantasy about having sex with/committing an act of violence against [someone in wrestling]" type of stuff, not so much, because those aren't funny, they're just nasty and sad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poop is stored in the butt

therefore big butt == lots of poop == exploded toilet

:eng101:

e: oh I somehow missed a page of discourse

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/absentsupertsar/status/1514298114278141961?s=21&t=V21ytKgLCMLe9WvkXrjcIg

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Outlaw Mud Show Wrestling makes it sound like a hardcore punk show, which is cool as gently caress

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

True say. Didn't GCW immediately co-opt that term for a show too?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm fairly certain that Tony is not going to even entertain those kinds of demands for a solitary second.

I have no doubt about that. To be perfectly clear, my point is that TERFism is fascism, and there is very little preventing the likes of J.K. Rowling from going after trans people in professional wrestling once they've hosed over trans athletes in other sports. There have been smatterings of transphobia in wrestling before now, but there aren't the same kinds of organised hate campaigns against wrestlers like Nyla or Kidd Bandit as there have been against Lia Thomas and Laurel Hubbard, and there is every chance that there will be in the future.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Venomous posted:

There is very little preventing the likes of J.K. Rowling from going after trans people in professional wrestling

Wrestling doesn't have an overseeing body. The only person who gets to decide if Nyla can wrestle women is Tony Khan and I feel confident in believing he would tell JK to get stuffed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think the performance aspect of wrestling is a bit of a shield against that because those assholes love to use the smokescreen of 'protecting legitimate competition' and there's no competition to protect in pro wrestling. Not that they might not still target wrestling but it's a lot harder to mask the underlying grossness of their stance.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Knowing vince,

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I agree that an anti-trans campaign isn’t a huge worry but it couldn’t hurt to let both Tony and TBS know how much you appreciate Nyla and Sonny. In a polite, non-weird way. Don’t let the fascists pretend they’re a majority.

Also just talk about how awesome they are, which is easy. Follow Nyla and Sonny on Twitter and like their tweets. Show how much engagement they get on social media. Show up as an ally. Don't let assholes drown them out.

And the thing is, it doesn’t matter that it’s a performance art. "Oh, this normalizes it." These assholes are literally claiming that Disney is grooming children right now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thanlis posted:

I agree that an anti-trans campaign isn’t a huge worry but it couldn’t hurt to let both Tony and TBS know how much you appreciate Nyla and Sonny. In a polite, non-weird way. Don’t let the fascists pretend they’re a majority.

Also just talk about how awesome they are, which is easy. Follow Nyla and Sonny on Twitter and like their tweets. Show how much engagement they get on social media. Show up as an ally. Don't let assholes drown them out.

And the thing is, it doesn’t matter that it’s a performance art. "Oh, this normalizes it." These assholes are literally claiming that Disney is grooming children right now.

Nyla's in a world title program. That's putting his faith in her to help carry the women's division. As far as I know they've never mentioned that she's trans but rather show up to keep her prominently portrayed in the company. Isn't that better?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Am I stupid or does roh having a residency location seem like a not terrible idea?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nyla's in a world title program. That's putting his faith in her to help carry the women's division. As far as I know they've never mentioned that she's trans but rather show up to keep her prominently portrayed in the company. Isn't that better?

They mentioned she's trans a bunch of times when she was champ??

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Don't forget Tony gave her the most awkward hug in the history of human contact when she won.

It doesn't mean anything, but that hug was so awkward.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/CamperCena/status/1514494379280453633

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

casual wear was like, one of the things this segment got right even as other stuff potentially hosed up. Nothing looks better than a monster in street clothes just killing people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Poop is not stored in the butt, whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cavauro posted:

Poop is not stored in the butt, whatsoever.

And if it is, you've got a real problem. To the point where your toilet might explode.