Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

some kinda jackal posted:

I just wanted ten episodes of PS and De Lancie trading quips for 45 minutes, IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK PARAMOUNT?? :mad:

Also, wait what, Dukat killed him in this timeline? I literally must have missed like ten seconds of dialogue along the way somewhere. I know he had Dukat’s skelebones in his creepy office so I presume it was thereabouts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS6K6GQGU94&t=44s

Q posted:

Gul Dukat! Executed in the Ethian forests just outside the capital city--put up a hell of a fight. In this reality, he's the reason you have that nifty synthetic body.

The implication is Dukat killed Picard, or at least beat the hell out of him to the point where Picard needed a completely new shell to house his consciousness and Picard turned around and paid him back in kind, IOU one Robo Dukat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I've been picturing it as Dukat was such a badass that Picard was only able to defeat him at the cost of his own life, and someone put him in the synth body afterwards. Eventually he goes back and collects the skull, plus maybe those Cardassian weapons and armor he had on display also belonged to Dukat.

I'm not sure there's a good way to do it in live action at this point, but if they ever do something like Star Wars Visions I'd love to see that fight, sounds like it was a real slobberknocker

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

nine-gear crow posted:

The implication is Dukat killed Picard, or at least beat the hell out of him to the point where Picard needed a completely new shell to house his consciousness and Picard turned around and paid him back in kind, IOU one Robo Dukat.

Picard’s Hall of Skulls is my new doom rock band name

Poke Chop
Apr 27, 2008
Picard and Dukat had an epic battle in the fire caves of Bajor. I imagine Picard pulled a Klingon knife at one point.

If Dukat was still a spoonhead, does that mean he never turned himself Bajoran and got freaky with kai wynn?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Poke Chop posted:

Picard and Dukat had an epic battle in the fire caves of Bajor. I imagine Picard pulled a Klingon knife at one point.

If Dukat was still a spoonhead, does that mean he never turned himself Bajoran and got freaky with kai wynn?

None of DS9 ever happened because the Confederate version of Emissary, Part II ended with Sisko blowing up the wormhole and killing the Prophets rather than negotiating with them and becoming their emissary.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Delsaber posted:

I've been picturing it as Dukat was such a badass that Picard was only able to defeat him at the cost of his own life, and someone put him in the synth body afterwards. Eventually he goes back and collects the skull, plus maybe those Cardassian weapons and armor he had on display also belonged to Dukat.

After this adventure, the new centerpiece of Picard's collection should be his own (original) skull.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

After this adventure, the new centerpiece of Picard's collection should be his own (original) skull.

Picard his his original skull mounted on the wall in line of sight of his desk in his study, only instead of "memento mori" it says "oblivisci mortem" on the plaque below it.

Also do you think the dipshit who willfully parted ways an Alexander Hamilton fun buck to force everyone to continually look at
<--- this equally large dipshit's face is regretting it by now?

Poke Chop
Apr 27, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

None of DS9 ever happened because the Confederate version of Emissary, Part II ended with Sisko blowing up the wormhole and killing the Prophets rather than negotiating with them and becoming their emissary.

drat, i guess that means no maquis and no voyager either. Nick lacarno tom paris is still in new zealand. Janeway can do all the war crime she wants. Truly the darkest timeline.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Poke Chop posted:

drat, i guess that means no maquis and no voyager either. Nick lacarno tom paris is still in new zealand. Janeway can do all the war crime she wants. Truly the darkest timeline.

Janeway is probably President Hansen's Secretary of Defense in the Confederation, so all of Star Corps reports directly to her. So by default every Confederate war crime is a Kathryn Janeway brand™ war crime.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

At that point can you really even call them warcimes?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The only reason I'll accept that Janeway isn't ruling the Confederacy is that she just appointed Annika while she went off to crush the Delta Quadrant with an iron fist.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm assuming that the leader of the confederation is a civilian position. Janeway would want to be an Admiral commanding a fleet to stomp out every last Borg and Kazon she can find.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

When is Holoway coming back?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

No official date yet, they will be after Lower Decks which is after Strange New Worlds ends/near its end. So far they haven't skipped weeks between shows in 2022

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm gonna be honest, if they kept this scene, I would have laughed and applauded at my computer screen.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Ohhhh thank you, for some reason I heard "synthetic body" but just somehow took it as Picard's artificial heart.

Probably hearing what I want to hear because the Picardrone is still a really really stupid thing to have happened and I'm trying to forget it at every opportunity :smith:

I know Avery might be done with Trek (is he? I just keep assuming things I remember are correct) but not getting a Confederation cameo from him is kind of a bummer. He plays such a scenery chewing villain. Seeing him ham it up as an evil Confederation warlord might have made this entire slog worthwhile.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 13, 2022

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I can kind of see Avery Brooks having issues with laughing it up as an evil racist leader of the Confederacytion.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

I wonder what happened to Picards original body back in the prime timeline.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Delsaber posted:

I'm not sure there's a good way to do it in live action at this point, but if they ever do something like Star Wars Visions I'd love to see that fight, sounds like it was a real slobberknocker

I like to think they found Picard dead with Dukat's skull clutched in his hands, and surrounding meters of forest flattened and soaked red.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Eimi posted:

The only reason I'll accept that Janeway isn't ruling the Confederacy is that she just appointed Annika while she went off to crush the Delta Quadrant with an iron fist.

in the Confederacy timeline, coffee plants went extinct in 2057 and Janeway never had the energy to get into the Star Corps Academy

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Payndz posted:

I can kind of see Avery Brooks having issues with laughing it up as an evil racist leader of the Confederacytion.

Hmm, also true. Cheerfully withdrawn but still sad we don't get more any Brooks :[

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

I like to think they found Picard dead with Dukat's skull clutched in his hands, and surrounding meters of forest flattened and soaked red.

So basically the end of Predator had Dutch not gotten out of the blast radius? Yeah I’m down with that.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

CaptainSkinny posted:

But wouldn't he still need a mechanic instead of a doctor? Otherwise he's a clone, not a robot. Something would be different.
2x06 made it seem like his body behaves the exact same way that a normal body would in a trauma scenario, except the defibrilator throws a few sparks. It was... quite lazily written, almost as if they never throught the whole synthetic thing through!!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I think it's pretty safe to say at this point we're going to be in 2024 until the last episode.

Where else could this story possibly go after they get back to the 24th century except to wrap everything up?
yeah and it's hella wack because it could be argued that the whole draw of this series was to see what's up in the Prime timeline after years of Kelvinverse stuff :mad:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Picard said "Guys, I need help" in the last episode. Picard would never use the word "guys" except as a joke, which suggests that this is actually Evil Confederate Picard.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

more and more airtime spent on trips to earlier in the timeline in order to avoid having to write actual post-Nemesis Federation storylines as time goes on, then there's the Temporal Cold War

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 13, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I just want Daniels to inexplicably appear one more time.

Like “whoops”, and then he phases through wall, never to be seen again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HD DAD posted:

I just want Daniels to inexplicably appear one more time.

Like “whoops”, and then he phases through wall, never to be seen again.

Huh. I forget when his time is supposed to be, did he come from pre or post Discovery season 3/4, and how far off is he either way? That could be a pretty funny cameo or something. I loved the way they worked the Enterprise musical stinger into the episode that mentioned Archer station or whatever, it was cute.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Professor Beetus posted:

Huh. I forget when his time is supposed to be, did he come from pre or post Discovery season 3/4, and how far off is he either way? That could be a pretty funny cameo or something. I loved the way they worked the Enterprise musical stinger into the episode that mentioned Archer station or whatever, it was cute.

He's from a century or so pre-disco-season-4. That's almost certainly why Disco's writers chose the 32nd century, because the furthest we knew about anything was the 31st and the Federation was doing just fine then.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Professor Beetus posted:

Pre, about a century before Disco season 3. He was always one of my favorite Trek minor characters.

Archer: “didn’t you die”
Daniels: “lmao yeah”

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
drat, so focused on preserving the past they couldn't see the looming crisis ahead of them.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Meaning, of course that the Federation had the technology to travel back in time and tell everyone to take their warp cores offline, or just go back and gather primary source data about wtf happened so they could fix it in the future (Temporal Prime Directive Complaint, that). But nah, they were doomed by hack writing to be content with a Galaxy of suffering and slavery.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
they didn't have the temporal lobes for it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Meaning, of course that the Federation had the technology to travel back in time and tell everyone to take their warp cores offline, or just go back and gather primary source data about wtf happened so they could fix it in the future (Temporal Prime Directive Complaint, that). But nah, they were doomed by hack writing to be content with a Galaxy of suffering and slavery.

Eh, it'd be pretty easy to technobabble something about the Burn also ending their ability to time travel freely, given that it is a broken rear end thing to just have at your disposal when trying to tell sci-fi stories and every plot having to be written around it would be annoying. I get the feeling that when Enterprise was written, there were no plans to have a Star Trek series set in the 32nd Century and they figured that 31st was safely far enough in the future for it to just be a thing. Now what might have been better would have been Discovery taking place in the 27th or 28th Century, and that way you can use the 31st century stuff of Enterprise as a "hey look, things do get better again and the fractured federation isn't the status quo going forward."

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Look it was against the treaty. Never you mind who they made the treaty with, it was against it!

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

some kinda jackal posted:

Ohhhh thank you, for some reason I heard "synthetic body" but just somehow took it as Picard's artificial heart.

I didn't pick up on what Q meant at first either. Considering one of the producers said they weren't going to be "pressing forward with the idea of the hybridization of Picard and synthetic" I think it's pretty funny how often it's been brought up in the season so far.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Maybe the better thing would be to not worry about all the fate of the Federation canon stuff and just tell stories that are compelling because you care about the characters and concept.

If they wanted to do a time jump, they could have gone to any time period post TNG and just hand waved any discrepancies with the 29th century stuff as “time travel stuff must have happened,” because really who ever cared about that storyline anyway.

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 13, 2022

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

https://twitter.com/gazelle_inc/status/1514021229614747648

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Everything about that, to include the random Kzin at the helm, is amazing and perfect.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Everything about that, to include the random Kzin at the helm, is amazing and perfect.

Also the fact that the Borg cube and drones use the pink and purple colour scheme too, because the Kzinti in TAS were supposed to have gray uniforms and ships and the animators went with purple instead because the episode's director was colorblind and the lead colorist of the animation team was obsessed with using secondary colors for poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Saru being into the Ni'Var president is really cute