Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

straight up brolic posted:

and would despise every single person in this thread.

that's not true me and Lando would be great buds, hangin' out playing video games and drinking milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Going to give pre GP reports from Miami on F1 things I've seen so far.

Claro billboard with a Red Bull car on it.

Mercedes AMG billboard with no car on it but referencing the team.

Local news showing the grandstands and track in the mornings along with traffic.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

niethan posted:

drat I wish Vettel/His car was still good

Vettel is on a kinda Kimi-level for me now. I think he has accepted that actually beeing in the competition for anything is over for him, and he now just enjoys (maybe) beeing part of the show and driving really fast cars, even if they might be kinda bad.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

net work error posted:

Going to give pre GP reports from Miami on F1 things I've seen so far.

Claro billboard with a Red Bull car on it.

Mercedes AMG billboard with no car on it but referencing the team.

Local news showing the grandstands and track in the mornings along with traffic.

The Miami Grand Parking lot

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
in 2023 there's gonna be one on the vegas strip.... HellO!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

do red cars go faster when in italy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Charles Leclerc is very attractive

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I'm bored and don't feel like working and was letting my brain wander and was pondering this: if these guys weren't given cars by their respective teams, what do you think they'd pick on their own as a daily driver. Like, if they had to go to a dealer, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Carvana, whatever, what car would they pick.

1. Sharl: from Monaco, so he's still gonna be driving a Ferrari, hell he probably learned to drive on the family beater Ferrari.
  2. Sainz: ?
  3. Danny Ric: Holden ute
  4. Nando: ?
  5. Sir Lewis: ?
  6. Verstappen: ?
  7. Perez: ?
  8. Russell: Jaguar, 100%
  9. Gasly: ?
  10. Tsunoda: Nissan GTR
  11. Alonso: ?
  12. Ocon: ?
  13. Vettel: ?
  14. Stroll: ?
  15. Guanyu: ?
  16. Bottas: ?
  17. Magnussen: ?
  18. Schumacher: ?
  19. Albon: ?
  20. Latifi: clown car

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Verstappen would drive an Audi
Fernando would ride a motorcycle

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
sainz drives a VW golf according to "The King Of Spain" episode of drive to survive

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

My understanding is most racecar drivers aren't "car people" because no road car is close to race cars

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

styls trill epic posted:

sainz drives a VW golf according to "The King Of Spain" episode of drive to survive

a man of the people.

Now I'm rethinking Russell, I could def see him in the back of a Rolls Royce.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Nando seems like a Land Rover kid to me fsr

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

tuo posted:

I think he has accepted that actually beeing in the competition for anything is over for him, and he now just enjoys (maybe) beeing part of the show and driving really fast cars, even if they might be kinda bad.

Hamilton is also very close to this stage of grief

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
If anyone's looking for new avs

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

guarantee he's hit a roo and just kept driving

that's what roo bars are for mate

boxcarhobo posted:

do red cars go faster when in italy

Into the wall or pits do you mean?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 13, 2022

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I'm bored and don't feel like working and was letting my brain wander and was pondering this: if these guys weren't given cars by their respective teams, what do you think they'd pick on their own as a daily driver. Like, if they had to go to a dealer, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, Carvana, whatever, what car would they pick.

1. Sharl: from Monaco, so he's still gonna be driving a Ferrari, hell he probably learned to drive on the family beater Ferrari.
  2. Sainz: ?
  3. Danny Ric: Holden ute
  4. Nando: ?
  5. Sir Lewis: ?
  6. Verstappen: ?
  7. Perez: ?
  9. Gasly: ?
  10. Tsunoda: Nissan GTR
  11. Alonso: ?
  12. Ocon: ?
  13. Vettel: ?
  14. Stroll: ?
  15. Guanyu: ?
  16. Bottas: ?
  17. Magnussen: ?
  18. Schumacher: ?
  19. Albon: ?

Yuki drives a Type R or an NSX. It was in DTS.

Think about branding not just stereotypes.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Charles Leclerc is very attractive

Yes I am.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Dynamite Dog posted:

Yuki drives a Type R or an NSX. It was in DTS.

Think about branding not just stereotypes.

:thunk:

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

I think he recently posted a video on YouTube about replacing the golf with a Ferrari lol

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
My pot lid has a small (built in) hole in it; is that why my rice is dry when I try making it on the stove or am I doing something else wrong?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

My pot lid has a small (built in) hole in it; is that why my rice is dry when I try making it on the stove or am I doing something else wrong?

It's dry because you're overcooking it. Don't cook it until all the liquid is gone, take it off the heat when there's still some liquid at the bottom and let it sit 5 minutes before eating so that can be absorbed.

I don't even use a lid when making rice and it's never dry.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

1. Sharl: Ferrari
  2. Sainz: VW Golf
  3. Danny Ric: G-Wagon
  4. Lando: Some tuned up Audi or BMW like the kid he is
  5. Sir Lewis: Some sort of bespoke hypercar customized for him
  6. Verstappen: He has no taste so probably some gaudy piece of poo poo that keeps breaking (but enough about his F1 car)
  7. Perez: NSX
  9. Gasly: Whatever Peugeot was in Taxi
  10. Tsunoda: 1997 Honda Civic
  11. Alonso: Range Rover
  12. Ocon: Beautiful French car of some sort - Citroen DS50 or CX
  13. Vettel: Whatever electric BMW he can find
  14. Stroll: One of his dad's carefully restored Jaguars - Probably an original E-type or some poo poo
  15. Guanyu:
  16. Bottas:
  17. Magnussen: VW Up or some similar micro car because nobody can afford a loving car in Denmark with our taxes
  18. Schumacher: Dad's Ferrari
  19. Albon: Rolls Royce

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You are doing something wrong. Rinse your rice, fill the pot with water about a knuckle above the rice, boil until the water is almost gone.

Or, buy a $20 rice cooker and be free

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Are you using induction? If so, it can be very hard. With gas, it’s pretty hard to mess up

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

It's dry because you're overcooking it. Don't cook it until all the liquid is gone, take it off the heat when there's still some liquid at the bottom and let it sit 5 minutes before eating so that can be absorbed.

Seems likely, thanks.

Carteret posted:

Or, buy a $20 rice cooker and be free

I have one but it takes longer than I’d like and have to cook larger amounts than I need most times.

Are you using induction? If so, it can be very hard. With gas, it’s pretty hard to mess up

Yes, electric (coil) stovetop.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm glad F1's greatest sponsor has found a series desperate enough to take them.
https://twitter.com/btc_racing/status/1513875853255532552

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I see Lando as more of a WRX or some other rally spec car that he's been driving in whatever video game he's playing
could see family man KMag in a Volvo.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Seems likely, thanks.

Also make sure you're using enough water. 1 cup rice, 2.5 cups water (I prefer broth, but you do you)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah so if you’re using an electric coil the issue is maintaining the right temperature for the pot throughout the cook. Ideally the rice goes from boiling, to the lowest heat that represents a “bare simmer” once under the lid.

The electric coil will take longer to get heat out of the surface than gas or induction (where the issue is typically what the “bare simmer” level is because the 1 setting is typically not cooking anything at all. You should also be heating the rice on medium heat, because the coil temp will be easier to control.

Since you shouldn’t be checking on it, this can be quite tricky and usually requires some experimentation on cook time and water content. I would highly recommend a rice cooker.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah so if you’re using an electric coil the issue is maintaining the right temperature for the pot throughout the cook. Ideally the rice goes from boiling, to the lowest heat that represents a “bare simmer” once under the lid.

The electric coil will take longer to get heat out of the surface than gas or induction (where the issue is typically what the “bare simmer” level is because the 1 setting is typically not cooking anything at all. You should also be heating the rice on medium heat, because the coil temp will be easier to control.

Since you shouldn’t be checking on it, this can be quite tricky and usually requires some experimentation on cook time and water content. I would highly recommend a rice cooker.

Boil on one coil, move to another coil that's been set to simmer temp. I have an electric stove, it's not that hard.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Boil on one coil, move to another coil that's been set to simmer temp. I have an electric stove, it's not that hard.
Right, but then you’re allocating two burners to making a pot of rice.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Slickdrac posted:

If anyone's looking for new avs

good content.

what happened to the goon who drew all the post it note drivers? was it you?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The most beloved driver in history, Ayrton Senna, intentionally crashed someone at a very high speed corner, also possibly causing severe internal bleeding, because he was mad about which side of the grid the polesitter was assigned.

it's called motor racing

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The most beloved driver in history, Ayrton Senna, intentionally crashed someone at a very high speed corner, also possibly causing severe internal bleeding, because he was mad about which side of the grid the polesitter was assigned.

This revisionist history acts like the Senna/Prost rivalry started at that very race.

Get it right or :getout:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Diet Crack posted:

Danny isn't from the UK though?

No but his theiving ancestors were

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Well Lewis went all green or whatever so I think he only has EVs now, like sold all his non obligated supercars. But previously he had an insanely cool purple LH edition Pagani Zonda that absolutely fits the weird hypercar bespoke to him thing lmao.

In some sharl content I saw he said his first car was a fiat 500!

Seb absolutely would drive like a 5 series touring because mr family man

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I see Lando as more of a WRX or some other rally spec car that he's been driving in whatever video game he's playing
could see family man KMag in a Volvo.

Yeah I can see that for Lando.

No chance for KMAG... whatever you think a Volvo costs in Denmark.. triple it. He can't even afford one while living in tax-sheltered Monaco

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

acidx posted:

20 year old Max did this one year after 29 year old Seb intentionally ran into the side of Hamilton during a safety car because he incorrectly thought Hamilton had brake checked him. 29 year old Michael Schumacher ran straight into the back of Coulthard and then tried to fight him over it. 23 year old all around good lad George Russell ran Bottas off the track and then slapped him in the head while Bottas was still strapped in his seat, perhaps bleeding internally. Drivers being babies and throwing hissy fits is as much a part of F1 as rich people buying their kids seats. The real reason this thread gets so indignant about Max and tries to make him into the embodiment of everything they don't like in the world is because they are limey brits who are watching their empire crumble at his feet. Max has been the best driver in the sport for a few years now, and they've known all along that it was only a matter of time before he unceremoniously bumped the greatest British driver in history from the spotlight and relegated him into the dustbin of history, merely tied for most driver championships all time.

TL;DR Max is Gandhi and this thread is Churchill

qft

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

How much racism are you using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I bought the new ninja air fryer grill and it’s magical

Has various hot plate options but you want the sloped George Forman kind. Then it acts like a BBQ with the kid up or a air fryer BBQ combo with the lid down