Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

I thought margins were up but net profit was down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Zorak of Michigan posted:

This is true. Capitalism only cares about LINE GO UP. And the line didn’t go up nearly as much.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zorak of Michigan posted:

this is actually fine with the non-trivial amount of investors and analysts who think Return on Net Assets is the only metric that matters

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Proud Christian Mom posted:

this is actually fine with the non-trivial amount of investors and analysts who think Return on Net Assets is the only metric that matters
?

EPS (and secondarily P/E multiple) is the thing that fundamentally matters to stock price. Besides, when a firm is not constrained by max production capacity, being unable to sell an incremental car reduces the return on fixed plant assets

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Earning yield is p cool cause it’s the same lingo as the risk free

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Throatwarbler posted:

who the gently caress is buying these cars lol

People building fleets of cars for Turo.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

got off on a technicality posted:

?

EPS (and secondarily P/E multiple) is the thing that fundamentally matters to stock price. Besides, when a firm is not constrained by max production capacity, being unable to sell an incremental car reduces the return on fixed plant assets

What's a "fundamental" don't you know the market runs on hype?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

People building fleets of cars for Turo.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some shell game where carvana and carmax and whoever else are just buying the cars from each other too.

I've complained about it before, but Carvana is straight ruining even looking for a used car. Craigslist and autotrader might as well just be a carvana website at this point.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What cars are you looking at? More "pedestrian" cars I do get a lot of listings for those online sellers, but while I've been hunting for an E91/F31 specifically the last ~two months I hardly see listings for those sites.

e; I will say this though, gently caress you Vroom the "3 series Gran Tourismo" is not a wagon :argh:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 12, 2022

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

fknlo posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some shell game where carvana and carmax and whoever else are just buying the cars from each other too.

I've complained about it before, but Carvana is straight ruining even looking for a used car. Craigslist and autotrader might as well just be a carvana website at this point.

Doesn’t cars.com have a local dealer only checkbox? That might help you out. I also hate how successful their “SEO” of used car websites has been.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Sab669 posted:

What cars are you looking at? More "pedestrian" cars I do get a lot of listings for those online sellers, but while I've been hunting for an E91/F31 specifically the last ~two months I hardly see listings for those sites.

e; I will say this though, gently caress you Vroom the "3 series Gran Tourismo" is not a wagon :argh:

Do not use Vroom. Please do not use Vroom

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Someone stole Powershift's side hustle.

:getin:

:getout:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 12, 2022

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
At least they're doing it well, that bronco is sweet.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm thinking the driver doors should have been removed so you have to enter via the second row

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The bmw is a 1000% improvement over the original

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Modern car design is such I legit thought that was real for a second.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sab669 posted:

I get it looking for "bmw wagon" and "tdi" all the time.

Inner Light posted:

Doesn’t cars.com have a local dealer only checkbox? That might help you out. I also hate how successful their “SEO” of used car websites has been.

I'll have to look at that.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Are they any worse than any other?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The BMW doesn’t have nearly enough snout.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mean, I already bought something this year. I was just looking at Autotrader to see how many of their cars were listed, then their actual site to see what they had that wasn't making its way to Autotrader

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Russian Bear posted:

Yes. I can't make an effort post today, but they "lose" paperwork, "lose" checks, don't respond, etc. Many YouTube videos on it, goon experiences. I'll just quote someone else

Leperflesh posted:

I was on the buying side, but dear god did I have issues with them, yes. The actual shopping part was fine. They wouldn't accept financing from my wife's credit union, but we were OK with using theirs (via Chase). Delivery went fine, based on reviews we were lucky (although the car arrived several days earlier than they said it would and we were just lucky to be at home when the delivery driver popped by without warning). It then took the company nearly four months to register the loving car, despite calling them over and over. You can't call the registration people, they can call you or you can call a customer support person who opens a new ticket that will be ignored for weeks or months. You can't opt to register the car yourself, you must pay them several hundred, even though you still have to take the car to get smogged if you're in a state that does that, DMV VIN inspection, sign a bunch of poo poo, and send it all to them. Our temporary tags ran out and we called repeatedly, they kept promising to issue new ones but never did. Weeks after we finally got the car registration, they emailed to tell us the temp tags were waiting for us to send proof of insurance, why hadn't we sent that? Which A) they never told us we needed until about the 10th time I called and B) they already had by the time they demanded we send it, nevermind that by then the plates had already arrived and somehow they didn't know, even though their site and their staff claim they'll update you on the DMV status.

Checking online, tons of people have had problems with them losing (or never collecting) the title on cars they buy, and then reselling that car anyway, and the new buyer has to somehow find the original owner and ask them to jump through hoops to produce a replacement title on a car they sold months earlier. Some people literally never get titles. There is a law firm in Texas openly advertising for Vroom clients to get in touch with them. The Texas BBB has an F rating for Vroom.

They are a loving disaster of a company and I beg you not to do business with them. The two grand won't be worth it.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Russian Bear posted:

I've heard so many stories about people who can't get their title from them I'm starting to think there are leveraged asset shenanigans going on. It's more likely that they grew too fast and no one knows what they're doing, but shenanigans are more fun to speculate about.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I know a few people that work for Carvana. This title / registration taking forever issue is not limited to Vroom, all of the online dealers are having it for a multitude of reasons.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Yeah I remember Alex on Autos having a drawn out issue with them, but wanted to see if there were new issues besides the losing paper work thing. Good to know.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BlackMK4 posted:

I know a few people that work for Carvana. This title / registration taking forever issue is not limited to Vroom, all of the online dealers are having it for a multitude of reasons.

As a counter anecdote to this, when we got our car from Carvana in November we had no issues with waiting for the title at all.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

As a counter anecdote to this, when we got our car from Carvana in November we had no issues with waiting for the title at all.

:hmmyes: Alright, I am surely full of poo poo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BlackMK4 posted:

:hmmyes: Alright, I am surely full of poo poo

Or it could be that I'm simply saying that I didn't have an issue with Carvana not too long ago so perhaps it isn't 100% a sure thing you'll have a delay getting documents for your vehicle.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KakerMix posted:

Or it could be that I'm simply saying that I didn't have an issue with Carvana not too long ago so perhaps it isn't 100% a sure thing you'll have a delay getting documents for your vehicle.

I didn't say it was a 100% sure problem either, I simply said the issue isn't limited to Vroom.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Vroom seems particularly bad based on anecdote, though.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

What’s the deal with vroom? They’re offering me a few extra grand for my outback over carvana

e: lol i’ll read the rest of thread before eagerly replying next time

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 13, 2022

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Head Bee Guy posted:

What’s the deal with vroom? They’re offering me a few extra grand for my outback over carvana

Venture capital money to burn. Vroom, Shift, Carvana, Algo, Driveway, and Carmax cycle between who's offering the most ridiculous amount of money to buy vehicles. Driveway appears to be offering top dollar at present, but your mileage may vary.

darnon fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 13, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Head Bee Guy posted:

e: lol i’ll read the rest of thread before eagerly replying next time

I’ve sold to Vroom twice with no issues. Car was picked up and I was paid promptly. Maybe the issues are more common on the buying side.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

Someone stole Powershift's side hustle.

:getin:

:getout:

:gizz:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Big Delica Energy

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

BMW revealed the facelifted X7. It has the new split headlight design. The dark areas beneath the DRLs are the headlights. Also, backlit grilles are now part of the design on ICE vehicles. Electric BMWs will have the grille frame illuminated.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Oink oink!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm beginning to think whoever the head designer is at BMW just doesn't like their job but can't find the bravery to quit so it just designing shittier and shittier looking cars hoping the big boss will kick them out. I imagine they're stunned as each fuggo design worse than the last is met with praise.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Those headlights are just painful. Is this just a matter of the upper position being too high for regulations?

Serious Aztec vibes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Paint it pink, put a curly tail in the back, attached to the trailer hitch, then cover with mud and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Illuminated grilles are the ugliest, tackiest embodiment of brand worship and whoever puts them into production should be fired.

Like out of a cannon