Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

webmeister posted:

Honestly mate, just start over with a different class. The naked wretch is designed for experienced players as it gives them more starting control (I know it doesn’t tell you this). Although they’ve got unusual names, most of the classes are pretty close to standard RPG archetypes, maybe just read up which is which.

If you’re at the Gatefront Ruins (and you probably are), make sure you loot the two large carriages off to the side, one of them has a great melee weapon. Just farm through the area slowly and carefully for a bit, you can usually fight those guys one at a time and they should be easy enough.

Just be wary of the tall guy with the lance patrolling the central road, he’s way tougher and will wreck your poo poo. Oh and one of the patrolling guys has a horn, don’t let him blow it or the whole camp will investigate.

Thanks for the tips! That's just about where I'm at. I missed the carriages and will look for them next time. I did learn how to level up and have acquired pants. So things are looking up. I'll continue to farm. I went into the outside castle courtyard or whatever and a giant monster jumped down from a bridge and killed me so I will continue to farm.

Not going to start with a different class. My dumb half naked wretch will one day have the elden ring and hopefully that will make him happy.

I also got a horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Thanks for the tips! That's just about where I'm at. I missed the carriages and will look for them next time. I did learn how to level up and have acquired pants. So things are looking up. I'll continue to farm. I went into the outside castle courtyard or whatever and a giant monster jumped down from a bridge and killed me so I will continue to farm.

Not going to start with a different class. My dumb half naked wretch will one day have the elden ring and hopefully that will make him happy.

I also got a horse.

you should really restart dude, you're gonna have a miserable time with the class you rolled

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't really like Fromsoft games even though they're obviously great. If there was a Venn diagram between things From likes in games and what I like it'd be like two separate circles. I hope they never change what they're doing because it's clearly great and it's probably a thing like RTS games where my brain doesn't work with them

Now dmc5...... Oh baby......

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Flyndre posted:

Maybe they shouldn’t hide the tutorial down a loving pit
"hide" lmfAo

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

I also got a horse.

First, restart with a new character, what the hell are you doing.

Second, use the horse in combat. Seriously mounted combat is kinda awkward to control, but it gives you a huge advantage over your enemies. Like the troll that jumps down from the bridge heading through the gateway. If you want to fight him, get on the horse and draw him out of that courtyard into the open area just outside and then just run around him on the horse hitting him. He goes down shockingly quickly when fought on horseback. Like I died 5 times to that stupid troll and kept getting closer and closer to killing him until I finally did, but I had barely any health and no flasks.

Took him on with the horse first time and killed him. Horse mounted combat is the way.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Also skipping hard stuff is a legit strategy. Sprint past stuff on the horse, run in and snag items and run out, etc. Don't forget to use your golden rune items to level up.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also it's not really all that true in the other from games but in this one there's often brutal encounters (like that one on the road to storm veil you're talking about...) with basically no reward at all beyond random drops and runes. some of them have like, a chest or something off to the side, but idk how to explain it. there's a vibe open world encounters have, and you can just feel which ones are obstacles and which ones are challenges. but since you can always come back later, just fuckin go past, it's an open world game. the game is extremely non linear even for an open world game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

seek pickle

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Larry Parrish posted:

i think i understand the argument but considering I'm in my 20s and grew up firmly in the hand holding era of gaming and the average goon is literally old enough to be my dad I find it kind of ridiculous- you old fucks should have those reflexes

Listen scamp, those games were your lifetime ago for most of us. In the meantime we spent hours either playing coop Lego games with our kids or getting wrecked by them in COD, and as a result our reflexes have fuzzed just a touch (also all this beer and weed I’ve been drinking can’t help either).

However, I’ve been playing the poo poo out of Elden Ring but I’ve barely left the starting region. It’s loving hard and I get wrecked A LOT, but it definitely scratches that “ok what if I try it this way” itch. I doubt I’ll finish it, I have an extremely short single player attention span, but I definitely don’t regret buying the game.

Edit: I spent a couple of hours on my first character, but didn’t really like the class. I eventually said “gently caress it, I’ll start over” and was shocked how easily that went. I figured I’d have to start all the way at the beginning like most games, but nope.

highme fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 13, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I simply did not have kids and have kept my gaming senses sharp. Bing bong so simple.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

I simply did not have kids and have kept my gaming senses sharp. Bing bong so simple.

:hai:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kids absorb half of each parent’s gaming skill at birth, it’s a scientifically observed phenomenon

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is it me or is this thread inundated with absolute morons lately?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Beastie posted:

Turn on ur monitor

(Boom too easy :coal:)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Beastie posted:

What do you mean lately?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

highme posted:

Listen scamp, those games were your lifetime ago for most of us. In the meantime we spent hours either playing coop Lego games with our kids or getting wrecked by them in COD, and as a result our reflexes have fuzzed just a touch (also all this beer and weed I’ve been drinking can’t help either).

However, I’ve been playing the poo poo out of Elden Ring but I’ve barely left the starting region. It’s loving hard and I get wrecked A LOT, but it definitely scratches that “ok what if I try it this way” itch. I doubt I’ll finish it, I have an extremely short single player attention span, but I definitely don’t regret buying the game.

Edit: I spent a couple of hours on my first character, but didn’t really like the class. I eventually said “gently caress it, I’ll start over” and was shocked how easily that went. I figured I’d have to start all the way at the beginning like most games, but nope.

You drink weed?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You gotta drink the bong water to really feel it

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Beastie posted:

No everyone here are gentlemen/women and scholars and I'd have them over for dinner any night of the week.

I raise a bottle of gfuel to all of you.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Maybe it has something to do with Xboxes being more widely available but tbh I agree with the poster above, this is a cool chill thread with laid back cool people in it. Not like the high strung elitists in the PS5 thread. I don't actually read the PS5 thread but I assume that's what it's like.

highme
May 25, 2001

Lammasu posted:

You drink weed?

Sometimes yes.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Ps5 users all date my sisters, anecdotally.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

Played 7 hours before realising I was missing one of the multiplayer finger items, bam turns out there is a tutorial where you pick it up

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I frequent both the Switch and Xbox threads, but for some reason forget the PS5 one exists -- the Bloodborne thread functionally serves that purpose for me.

highme
May 25, 2001

I just assume the PS5 thread is full of this guy

https://twitter.com/SlainUnikorn/status/1514059826011295747

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I assume the PS5 and PS4 threads are both secondary and tertiary Bloodborne threads. Because they have no games you see

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Do they still make twisted metal games or is that too much of 20 years ago kind of thing

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

highme posted:

Lmao, this is good poo poo right here.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

External Organs posted:

Do they still make twisted metal games or is that too much of 20 years ago kind of thing

theyre making a twisted metal tv show, because playstation doesnt make games anymore

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

highme posted:

He missed the girlfriend tutorial.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

They're making a Twisted Metal movie (TV show?) And they decided to give the Destruction All-Stars devs a shot at the IP so they had a new game to launch alongside the movie for marketing tie ins but they failed so bad that Sony blew up the entire project with a bomb.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

What the hell is going on at Sony

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re moving into service games based on the bungie purchase

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They also just invested a billion dollars into Epic for their metaverse technology.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

External Organs posted:

They're going to make a new one as some type of service game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They're going to make a new one as some type of service game.

Twisted Metal total conversion mod for Gran Turismo 7

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Grinding out these Sweet Tooth quests to get the skin before the battlepass expires on Tuesday

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Twisted Metal is going to be a half-hour comedy series. Sony probably thinks it's a slam-dunk because they got the Zombieland/Deadpool writers and Anthony Mackie in a lead role.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just gotta lol a bit about my recent achievements, because I thing maybe a whopping two of my Elden Ring achievements are "rare" achievements, ie they have been completed by less than 10% of people playing the game.

While playing the MCC is getting me rare cheevos (good god my phone kept trying to autocorrect to Cheetos) left and right because so many people have access to the MCC and/or only play multiplayer, or because a ton of people have fired it up on game pass like once and then never touched it. Because pretty much each campaign level completion is a rare achievement and completing an entire campaign gives you rare achievements for completing the game on normal and easy, and it of course means hard and legendary or whatever will also be rare.

I don't think it means anything but it's just kind of funny that notoriously difficult game series has very few rare achievements remaining.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Professor Beetus posted:

Just gotta lol a bit about my recent achievements, because I thing maybe a whopping two of my Elden Ring achievements are "rare" achievements, ie they have been completed by less than 10% of people playing the game.

While playing the MCC is getting me rare cheevos (good god my phone kept trying to autocorrect to Cheetos) left and right because so many people have access to the MCC and/or only play multiplayer, or because a ton of people have fired it up on game pass like once and then never touched it. Because pretty much each campaign level completion is a rare achievement and completing an entire campaign gives you rare achievements for completing the game on normal and easy, and it of course means hard and legendary or whatever will also be rare.

I don't think it means anything but it's just kind of funny that notoriously difficult game series has very few rare achievements remaining.

It makes sense when you think about it. The kind of people willing to buy something like Elden Ring is also the kind of person who will do all the extra stuff and get those achievements. So you have a higher ratio.

But for halo mcc? It's on gamepass like you mentioned and people might get it to play a few matches with their buddy or maybe they only want to play halo 1 and never touch halo 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Witcher 3 next gen got delayed. Another L for CDRP :negative: