Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm still sort of settling in on the pvp changes, primarily playing in CC. RDM's stance changes are interesting and it makes the decision making between stuff like holy's team heal component or flare's double damage feel satisfying when you pay attention. PLD's good but I can't find a groove to get into when playing it - I think I'm bad at judging when it's time to cut and run from an engagement to regroup, and for some reason I keep forgetting to use both confiteor and the blades LB followups which is definitely hurting my chances. Sage I've only tried once in frontlines so I can't speak too much on it, but it's really funny how many kills I can rack up on that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The fact there's like two or three entirely new skill animations for PVP for every class is kind of insane. And while I won't say that they should replace PVE sets with PVP ones at least some of these absolutely should cross over at the earliest possible convenience. Especially WAR's primal rend, and preferably yesterday. :hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Real Horse posted:

1) CC is incredibly fun, I love how fast paced it is. I went in as DNC for a couple rounds last night and it was the best PvP experience in this game I’ve had.

2) The new dungeon has my favorite new enemy in the game (minor spoilers about a mob): There is a crab wearing a crown! King Crab :haw:

It has an incredible name too
Clawtrap is a top tier pun, make it a minion/mount please.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

The fact there's like two or three entirely new skill animations for PVP for every class is kind of insane. And while I won't say that they should replace PVE sets with PVP ones at least some of these absolutely should cross over at the earliest possible convenience. Especially WAR's primal rend, and preferably yesterday. :hai:

I really wish they would offer animation replacements. Like make it a prize, I don't care, just let me keep using Stone 1 over Glare if I want.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vitamean posted:

Sage I've only tried once in frontlines so I can't speak too much on it, but it's really funny how many kills I can rack up on that job.

I genuinely think it's one of the strongest current PVP jobs, especially among healers, but it also requires a lot of finesse to squeeze the most out of. The tradeoff of having no CC to speak of is that Pneuma -> Phlegma -> Toxikon II is a good 30k worth of damage in the span of maybe a second and a half when it all goes off, and the lack of a big burst heal is more than ameliorated by the combination of the shields provided by E.Dosis and Pneuma, which offer a pretty substantial amount of team EHP. Icarus is also very good for both chasing down kills and escaping from pinches, with Guard -> Icarus getting you out of tight spots pretty reliably if you're playing with your team well. The LB is finnicky and has certain niches it exploits better than others, but there's some where it's just monstrously powerful, like guarding against ranged LBs or allowing you to fight in the middle of bomb blasts to give you a major advantage.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there were some skill effect variations on bozja and I'm on the record saying I'd be fine with paying Real Money for those on the cash shop.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Onean posted:

Has anyone managed to find Festival of the Hunt and/or Run! (the CC BGMs) on YouTube? I keep searching, but the first only pulls up the FFIX version, the latter pulls up a wide variety of stuff (mostly "My 1st run of X" videos) and doing a more generic search for CC music pulls up a lot of First Impressions or match videos with commentary.

Keep an eye on this spot

https://ffxiv.tylian.net/ex4/

Now they could already be there, but given the naming conventions it doesn't look like it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vitamean posted:

PLD's good but I can't find a groove to get into when playing it - I think I'm bad at judging when it's time to cut and run from an engagement to regroup, and for some reason I keep forgetting to use both confiteor and the blades LB followups which is definitely hurting my chances. Sage I've only tried once in frontlines so I can't speak too much on it, but it's really funny how many kills I can rack up on that job.

Something I found really helpful for me, is setting up Guardian macros for your team and assigning them keybinds since there's so few actions. I already had them set up for a hotbar that sits alongside my Party Frame, and still use that for FL (and PvE), but in CC it's much more useable to have them just keybound.

I just straight up use 2, 3, 4 and 5 to target the respective member of my party.

I've also assigned my LB to Shift+T, while Confiteor is on T, so that helps me remember to use the Blade combo.

Also, a generic reminder to everyone if you're making macros for PvP:
You want to use
/macroicon "Action" pvpaction
/pvpac "Action"

for your macros in order to use and show them.

I wanted to mention that they not only changed the Moenbryda minion text, but the Succubus one too.

Edit: They haven't removed it, it's still on the tooltip for the icon, I just misremembered where it was at.

Onean fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 13, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Onean posted:

I wanted to mention that they not only changed the Moenbryda minion text, but the Succubus one too.

What was it before?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Okay this is weird. If I have my dragoon gear set equipped and swap to bard, the instant portrait switches fine and shows up in CC. If I have my warrior gear equipped and switch to bard it says my gear doesn't match the portrait and it just shows the default in CC.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Electric Phantasm posted:

What was it before?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/9ce524df850/

quote:

100% anatomically correct. Handle with care.

Basically they're de-hornying some text, interestingly enough

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Okay this is weird. If I have my dragoon gear set equipped and swap to bard, the instant portrait switches fine and shows up in CC. If I have my warrior gear equipped and switch to bard it says my gear doesn't match the portrait and it just shows the default in CC.

yeah i cant figure this out. i guess the foolproof way is to do a portrait for every job set?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What was it before?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/9ce524df850/

Basically they're de-hornying some text, interestingly enough

Turns out I misremembered where that text was, until looking it up. It's still there on the tooltip to use it. :smith:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah i cant figure this out. i guess the foolproof way is to do a portrait for every job set?

I made one for my warrior set and still have the issue.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Moen was was awful.

I’m glad they stopped using Urianger as a punching bag since ShB, he’s a good boy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Even if Urianger wasn’t an incredibly sweet person who loved Moen with all his heart like is canonically the case, it’s still really gross to go “lol someone wanked to this” when the this in question is a doll of a woman who just died.

Like literally just died, you get the minion from msq in the patch she dies in.

Since the “joke” was only in the English translation and wasn’t funny to start with, a good change in my book.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

joining the rear end shot club

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bruceski posted:

I made one for my warrior set and still have the issue.

yeah i feel like i'm going insane with setting this poo poo up. it worked fine last night when i just had two sets for MCH and WHM, but i've since added one for WAR and RDM and now no matter what I get the "gear depicted in instant portrait doesn't match" error despite literally just saving it and assigning it to the appropriate gear set. i have to be missing something because i've doublechecked the in-game instructions several times and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm generally for allowing translators some measure of freedom to make jokes that weren't in the original script (like, virtually all the "dialogue boxes" for background NPCs out in the world are just random jokes thrown in by the translators, to my knowledge), but the Moenbryda joke was pretty gross and I won't really miss it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What was the original Moenbryda joke?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Macaluso posted:

What was the original Moenbryda joke?

It was from the description for her minion.

"This anatomically accurate representation of Moenbryda was secretly crafted by none other than Urianger immediately following the untimely passing of his beloved companion. What he did with it before it passed to your hands is a tale best left untold."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there an area where you can practice the PvP setup? I would like to try out CC abut I already do not PvP much and if this is a DOTA alike then…well, I would like to somewhat know what I am doing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Wolves' Den Pier is technically a PvP zone that lets you set your PvP hotbars and attack dummies.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Arist posted:

It was from the description for her minion.

"This anatomically accurate representation of Moenbryda was secretly crafted by none other than Urianger immediately following the untimely passing of his beloved companion. What he did with it before it passed to your hands is a tale best left untold."

Oh, yeesh

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there an area where you can practice the PvP setup? I would like to try out CC abut I already do not PvP much and if this is a DOTA alike then…we’ll, I would like to somewhat know what I am doing.

Go to the Wolves' Den zone. You have access to your PVP bars and there are target dummies and a dueling ring.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I have to share my boyfriend's plate because it's just too good. It gets better the longer you look at it.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Mines' not much, still improving!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Like literally just died, you get the minion from msq in the patch she dies in.

ACKSHUALLY it comes from the last quest of patch 3.4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh no, I am back to playing FFXIV again lol. I haven't played since shortly before Endwalker came out, but patch 6.1 is so good! My dragoon is level 80 and almost ready to do Endwalker content.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I have to share my boyfriend's plate because it's just too good. It gets better the longer you look at it.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to work Loss.jpg into the active hours bars.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ok now the suffering has ended. Do I continue to an even greater all encompassing suffering and go for all the rare fish?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
They definitely took some inspiration from mobas for the new pvp actions. I did the Pyke thing with my ninja, feels great

Also glad I'm not the only one having CC portrait issues. That default driver's license photo brings much shame.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

W.T. Fits posted:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to work Loss.jpg into the active hours bars.

I would like to think I am good at seeing Loss.jpg, but I did not see it there until you pointed it out and even then I can only see it if I read it backwards...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

acumen posted:

They definitely took some inspiration from mobas for the new pvp actions. I did the Pyke thing with my ninja, feels great

Yeah, good ninjas are a loving unholy terror and I love watching it happen every time (as long as it's to the enemy team)

PirateZim
Apr 24, 2005

moogles are spiders right

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I hadn't seen anyone mention anything about what the Ranked rewards could be, so I went poking around the Lodestone and found them, if anyone else is curious. They're all Portrait and Trophy Crystal rewards.

The top ranked player gets 10,000 Crystals and this set. It's the Final Conflict kit for Portraits, if you want to see it in-game.

The rest of the top 100 players also get special rewards. 2nd - 30th get 6,000 Crystals and the Endless Conflict kit (crossed sabers with a gold focus), 31st - 100th get 3,000 Crystals and the Rising Conflict kit (a silver version of the Endless Conflict).

You also get rewarded for your ranking, as long as you get at least Bronze rank. It doesn't say whether it rewards your highest rank or what you end the season with on the website, so I don't know which to go for. Here's the Crystal ranking kit:

Each rank is under the name you'd expect in-game (Crystal Conflict, Diamond Conflict, etc.), if you want to check those. There is also a currency payout: 1,000 Trophy Crystals for each tier (1,000 for Bronze, 2,000 for Silver, all the way up to 6,000 for Crystal).

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Borrowed the idea of the portrait of someone that posted their Adventurer Plate here because I thought it was funny. I have no clue how to add a comment on the plate since I see it on others.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Pyro Jack posted:

Borrowed the idea of the portrait of someone that posted their Adventurer Plate here because I thought it was funny. I have no clue how to add a comment on the plate since I see it on others.

It’s your search comment

I never remember the ways to get there besides targeting yourself and right clicking on the hp bar and clicking edit search info lol

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There is also a chat command that I forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Hellioning posted:

There is also a chat command that I forgot.

/searchcomment