Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Just got a breaking news that they caught the subway shooter, apparently he left his credit card with his name on it at the scene, bless.

e: covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

oh my god one of the webinars i'm attending today has monica gandhi as a guest speaker. hoo boy, pray for me

Nothus posted:

Hold up a "don't believe her lies" sign

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Just got a breaking news that they caught the subway shooter, apparently he left his credit card with his name on it at the scene, bless.

he trained with mohamed atta

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

inferis posted:

he trained with mohamed atta

also he has information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 355 days!
https://twitter.com/BadVaccineTakes/status/1514307847860989953?t=N-5LijpUbertmSc5to2AtA&s=19

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I'm blessed with an eternal baby face that is only capable of producing beard hairs in the double digits, so this existential question of my quality of life vs looking kind of good to some people doesn't apply to me. my sympathies go out to those of you who have to address this impossible challenge e: (unironically tho to those of you where this is an issueof religion or custom tho)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Koirhor posted:

also he has information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

He's been posting long crazed rants about how black women are evil mostly but very possible he has some hot takes on Hilary for you

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

euphronius posted:

good doctors ? lmao

they're referring to madjackal

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

I suspect plenty of people refuse to acknowledge this because they are fine with it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

God Hole posted:

I'm blessed with an eternal baby face that is only capable of producing beard hairs in the double digits, so this existential question of my quality of life vs looking kind of good to some people doesn't apply to me. my sympathies go out to those of you who have to address this impossible challenge e: (unironically tho to those of you where this is an issueof religion or custom tho)

lucky, I started shaving in 6th grade

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Award-winning bodybuilder dead at 44.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1514315256524414981?s=20&t=cqcQP2c6O2FYKUgbjSJykA
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/bodybuilding-champion-cedric-mcmillan-dead-44-rcna24224?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Contracted Covid in 2020, had a near-death experience due to covid-related heart issues in 2021, dead of a heart attack on a treadmill in 2022.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/maya_chavez_/status/1514055526287646720

lol did brown take down the original tweet?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Holy poo poo y'all he shaved the beard! It's all gone! I've literally never seen him without one and thought for half a second some stranger had walked into our apartment!

Best thread continues to deliver, thank you all so much for letting me vent and chiming in with your experiences, advice, and communication tactics. Oh my God I'm so relieved. A mild infection already left us both with lasting effects, and I've been so terrified he could get it again and get sicker. Now he's excited to go out and enjoy himself again with a proper seal on his mask instead of abandoning the things he loves to do.

I'm not crying you're crying. I'm gonna cook so much delicious food today. Yay!!!

:)

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Golli posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1514315256524414981?s=20&t=cqcQP2c6O2FYKUgbjSJykA
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/bodybuilding-champion-cedric-mcmillan-dead-44-rcna24224?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Contracted Covid in 2020, had a near-death experience due to covid-related heart issues in 2021, dead of a heart attack on a treadmill in 2022.

is HGH a comorbidity on the CDC list

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Shear Modulus posted:

ask her what her thoughts on the pandemic are in light of updog

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

God Hole posted:

It's considered "Suggestive higher risk"

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Golli posted:

Tbf these dudes take combinations of drugs that are disastrous for cardiac health even in non-pandemic times. I guess we can add “being a pro bodybuilder” to the comorbidities list.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Tried out the envomask today that I got on sale a week+ ago.

I don't think I like it. Hard to tell if you have a proper seal. Also feels weird that it doesn't go below the chin.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
According to the CDC you are more likely to die from covid if you have depression than if you abuse HGH so we really have no business casting stones here

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

God Hole posted:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

I've had an insanely annoying allergy cough these last couple weeks due to what is clearly mucus and nothing is helping, including allergy meds, mucus reduction pills, corsi cube, mucinex, and so on. anybody here have any suggestions?

Sounds exactly like my asthma.

Asthma doesn't make me 'unable to breathe' or anything like that. it just makes me cough a lot, sometimes with thin clear mucus, sometimes without.

redreader has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Apr 13, 2022

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

I don't think I like it. Hard to tell if you have a proper seal. Also feels weird that it doesn't go below the chin.

that is also why i keep mine in a drawer. didn't seem particularly secure while talking, either.

unrelated: it's sad that "covid is everywhere and that is bad!" articles in major publications seem so unusual.

https://twitter.com/edyong209/status/1514230215110762502

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

things i learned today:

- people with HIV are hurt by Covid because lockdowns took them away from their support circles
- all of the vaccines are good for one reason or another, except for sinovac and sinopharm
- reinfections with Omicron after 6 weeks? this is something that really drives home the importance of hybrid immunity
- viruses naturally evolve over time to become less pathogenic
- people with HIV probably don't need a fourth shot
- one reason why the immune system of the average american is primed to fight covid is due to our awesome-as-hell T-cells

absolutely no mention of long covid in a presentation on HIV and Covid :shepface:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wife has sore throat and occasional cough, I'm coughing every now and then too. biden rapid test was negative. whatever!! guess I'll die!!!!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Zugzwang posted:

Tbf these dudes take combinations of drugs that are disastrous for cardiac health even in non-pandemic times. I guess we can add “being a pro bodybuilder” to the comorbidities list.

yeah even if you're wild low bodyfat and jacked, being 300lbs is not good for your organs, and that's before considering his "supplement regimen". but goddamn it's still fuckin scary. people just gonna drop dead the next couple years and nobody's gonna talk about why

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

sure, right, yea, a guy who was protecting his identity while doing a mass shooting also happened to drop his credit card there. that's a totally normal thing that a rational and reasonable person would believe happened

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

- people with HIV are hurt by Covid because lockdowns took them away from their support circles
- all of the vaccines are good for one reason or another, except for sinovac and sinopharm
- reinfections with Omicron after 6 weeks? this is something that really drives home the importance of hybrid immunity
- one reason why the immune system of the average american is primed to fight covid is due to our awesome-as-hell T-cells

absolutely no mention of long covid in a presentation on HIV and Covid :shepface:

Have you been watching CNN again?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

loading... posted:

i have noticed lately that people, when seeing my half face respirator, pull up their masks from their chins whenever they see me coming their direction. granted, it's almost a laughably pointless gesture at that point, aerosol damage is done and all, but i think it shows some kind of reflexive acknowledgement of other people and a responsibility to them. it really sucks that rather than foster that and educate people on how to actually protect themselves and others and why it's important to not typhoid mary everyone you can within a 50 mile radius of your home, everyone with any power to help opted to push people to act with flagrant antisocial disregard and tie defiant, conspicuous, performative consumption to their identities and some nebulous notion of essential "freedom" instead

Typhoid Mary was really hard done by if you think about it in context of today. Just ahead of her time really.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Work is wanting to bring folks back into the office. Last week I was in, one of the managers was coughing and sucking up snot all day. How do I get off this stupid ride?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

redreader posted:

Try albuterol, sounds exactly like my asthma. Take like 3 puffs of someone's inhaler. It'll make you cough a couple of times but then you'll feel better (yeah, I'm prescribed 2 puffs but I find 3 helps better)

Asthma doesn't make me 'unable to breathe' or anything like that. it just makes me cough a lot, sometimes with thin clear mucus, sometimes without.

Hey covid thread does not recommend you take other peoples prescription medication to see if you feel better, we recommend talking to a doctor. Please do not tell people to do this wtf

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

empty whippet box posted:

sure, right, yea, a guy who was protecting his identity while doing a mass shooting also happened to drop his credit card there. that's a totally normal thing that a rational and reasonable person would believe happened

Again, maybe read up on the dude if you think it’s fake

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

lmao that's somehow worse than I was expecting. She's an absolute menace.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

roffels posted:

Work is wanting to bring folks back into the office. Last week I was in, one of the managers was coughing and sucking up snot all day. How do I get off this stupid ride?

what do you do?

:sever:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

THERE WEREN'T ANY loving LOCKDOWNS IN THE US

GODDAMNIT

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Hey covid thread does not recommend you take other peoples prescription medication to see if you feel better, we recommend talking to a doctor. Please do not tell people to do this wtf

:rolleyes:

ok OP go to the pharmacy and get primatene mist instead

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Trixie Hardcore posted:

fwiw this is what the news was describing as a 'gas mask'

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Wamsutta posted:

yeah even if you're wild low bodyfat and jacked, being 300lbs is not good for your organs, and that's before considering his "supplement regimen". but goddamn it's still fuckin scary. people just gonna drop dead the next couple years and nobody's gonna talk about why

I mean, short of a major revolutionary movement gaining momentum (which, hey, never presume to know the future, but the odds of that are still approximately 'lol' and 'lmao' according to current expert polling), I don't think it's going to be common knowledge that more people are dying. It kind of already isn't now despite millions dead, and the actual number is still higher than the official one thanks to a still-unknown degree of long-term risks and feckless morons smudging numbers out of apathy or malicious opportunism. I think if you told the average American that at least a million Americans have died due to Covid-19, they would disbelieve you because a million isn't a real number that they can hold in their hands, and if it was that obscenely high the news wouldn't keep saying it's over and safe now.

Between covid, climate change, and rising reactionary bullshit spurred on by both there's going to be a lot of weird puff pieces about real estate investment funds buying off entire ghost towns or displaced populations squatting in ghost towns over the next decade and very few people are going to be getting paid to (publicly) ask why.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

I had to go all the way back to September 2019 to find a picture of me with a beard:

And now:

You are far more handsome that I expected for a dude who has a running gag declaring his love of strip clubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Chad Sexington posted:

you'll feel the air rushing out where you don't have a good seal.

getting over the chin thing was difficult but now i absolutely love this thing.