Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
The only medication this thread is authorized to prescribe is weed. this probably not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

- people with HIV are hurt by Covid because lockdowns took them away from their support circles
- all of the vaccines are good for one reason or another, except for sinovac and sinopharm
- reinfections with Omicron after 6 weeks? this is something that really drives home the importance of hybrid immunity
- viruses naturally evolve over time to become less pathogenic
- people with HIV probably don't need a fourth shot
- one reason why the immune system of the average american is primed to fight covid is due to our awesome-as-hell T-cells

absolutely no mention of long covid in a presentation on HIV and Covid :shepface:

No loving way lol

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

not_superiority posted:

you'll feel the air rushing out where you don't have a good seal.

getting over the chin thing was difficult but now i absolutely love this thing.

x2

I get a good seal w very little pressure, there's no need to crank it down like w other elastomerics. The gel is specifically designed to be softer than subcutaneous fat

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Again, maybe read up on the dude if you think it’s fake

i don't dispute that the guy's a whacko and all but the idea that he'd drop his credit card there seems weird af to me

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Rubby posted:

fwiw this is what the news was describing as a 'gas mask'

What's the source for this img.

Also, HEY RUBBY!

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rubby posted:

fwiw this is what the news was describing as a 'gas mask'

omg i saw that and was like "lol what do they think gas masks are??" holy poo poo this is gonna be bad

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

- people with HIV are hurt by Covid because lockdowns took them away from their support circles
- all of the vaccines are good for one reason or another, except for sinovac and sinopharm
- reinfections with Omicron after 6 weeks? this is something that really drives home the importance of hybrid immunity
- one reason why the immune system of the average american is primed to fight covid is due to our awesome-as-hell T-cells

absolutely no mention of long covid in a presentation on HIV and Covid :shepface:

My coworker with HIV recently stopped masking in the office so I may have real world data on this very soon

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

shaving my beard off due to covid was a great thing for me. it was once mighty thick and red and had become sad, thin, and white, but i was holding on because i thought i looked hosed up and chinless without it. i still look hosed up but it's not because of my weak chin lmao. way more comfortable and less effort, i shave on Tuesday and Saturday now cuz I have to go into the office Tues+Weds. no managing a neck/cheek line, no loving up a trim and having to try fix it, etc. shaving rules

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I mourn my beard daily.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

what do the doomers in the covid thread have to say about this?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6959630050190724357

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pink Mist posted:

No loving way lol

it threw me off so much lol

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

redreader posted:

Try albuterol, sounds exactly like my asthma. Take like 3 puffs of someone's inhaler. It'll make you cough a couple of times but then you'll feel better (yeah, I'm prescribed 2 puffs but I find 3 helps better)

Asthma doesn't make me 'unable to breathe' or anything like that. it just makes me cough a lot, sometimes with thin clear mucus, sometimes without.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Hey covid thread does not recommend you take other peoples prescription medication to see if you feel better, we recommend talking to a doctor. Please do not tell people to do this wtf

Seconding Trixie, please don't advise people to take prescriptions that aren't prescribed to them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sphyre posted:

gently caress you

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
god I loving hate that video

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Yeah :( I can't help but think competent, trustworthy leadership who acted on poo poo they knew from the jump could have instilled mask-wearing as a point of pride in Americans that we're strong and working hard(thank you!) because all it takes is a decent mask and boom, puny virus defeated!

Like weaponize our cultural narcissism for good once, drat.

I will forever be baffled that it never occurred to the Trump administration or anyone else in power to try to appeal to our patriotism by framing as a fight against a common enemy. How did Trump not think to try to turn this into his Pearl Harbor moment or something? It's so weird.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lacrosse posted:

Seconding Trixie, please don't advise people to take prescriptions that aren't prescribed to them.

what about advising people to take extra unapproved boosters

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Iron Crowned posted:

I had to go all the way back to September 2019 to find a picture of me with a beard:

you look a hell of a lot like forums superstar / scrotum poster WayneGretzky in this picture

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I will forever be baffled that it never occurred to the Trump administration or anyone else in power to try to appeal to our patriotism by framing as a fight against a common enemy. How did Trump not think to try to turn this into his Pearl Harbor moment or something? It's so weird.

well, trump is kind of a dumbass

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Those aren't technically prescriptions afaik. It's illegal to take prescriptions not prescribed to you but there's not really any illegality to getting boosters off label that I'm aware of.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sphyre posted:

if this is common in the world that is ending then let us hasten said doom at all costs

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

THERE WEREN'T ANY loving LOCKDOWNS IN THE US

GODDAMNIT

I couldn't sit inside a restaurant or get my nails did for a couple months. Might as well have put us all in chains

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dog Case posted:

I couldn't sit inside a restaurant or get my nails did for a couple months. Might as well have put us all in chains

Unless you lived in California or New York, it was six weeks, six whole weeks.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Mar 4, 2023

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

HoAssHo posted:

They thought it was only going to kill people living in cities, and by the time Delta started ripping through the south it was too late.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
My apologies. I'll reword my post. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I lost the post I'd meant to respond to, but it's incredible how people can't think of this in terms of "If I go to a restaurant or bar tonight, there's a very good chance I could be dead or have permanent debilitating health conditions within two weeks. My life as I know it will be over." What meal is worth that? How have people never learned how to entertain themselves at home and/or without spending money?

The problem with this logic is the part I bolded. Most people don't make that kind of risk assessment because in their minds, the risk is simply not there in the first place. This can be for a variety of reasons, but the end result is the same.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

AppleNippleBOB posted:

What's the source for this img.

Also, HEY RUBBY!

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/video-shows-suspected-brooklyn-subway-shooter-frank-james-enter-station/3644503/

Pretty sure that anything that isn't a surgical worn under your chin is considered a gas mask now.

e: OMG HAI

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sphyre posted:

is this the 2022 version of that epic bacon poo poo?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Sphyre posted:

The car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel
And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
And a dark wind blows

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The problem with this logic is the part I bolded. Most people don't make that kind of risk assessment because in their minds, the risk is simply not there in the first place. This can be for a variety of reasons, but the end result is the same.

Definitely most people aren't looking beyond the next two days

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

NeonPunk posted:

They're saying it out loud now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZekeEmanuel/status/1513964078045216774

I do kinda wonder how many of those tests are only for politicans/celebrities/althetes.

lmao at "our testing has dropped considerably" it just sort of happened on its own! surely no one at fault

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

HoAssHo posted:

Repub voters are against science generally
You can't bomb a virus
Changing my daily routine in any way? Globalist transgender communism.
I am strong, only the weak worry about Kung Flu
White Jesus will protect us
Fauci is a liberal
Hopefully it will kill all the libs in the coastal cities where it's coming in (this was Trump's actual rationale at one point)

And of course, old reliable, "Well, it won't happen to me."

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Sphyre posted:

Please do not promote your tiktok account itt

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Didn't that guy get permabanned?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I have no energy to make map today.

Everything is bad. Honestly looks to me like the places hardest hit originally are seeing the biggest increase.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

redreader posted:

My apologies. I'll reword my post. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Thanks for understanding. I know you meant well.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Yeah :( I can't help but think competent, trustworthy leadership who acted on poo poo they knew from the jump could have instilled mask-wearing as a point of pride in Americans that we're strong and working hard(thank you!) because all it takes is a decent mask and boom, puny virus defeated!

Like weaponize our cultural narcissism for good once, drat.

HoAssHo posted:

Anything that promotes collective action or empathy goes against the goals of capitalism even if not doing so destabilizes the economy. If people start thinking they can achieve goals by working together it's a slippery slope to undoing years of work alienating the working class from each other, I sound like a theory weirdo but I think that's the actual answer.

e: oh but also obviously they were hoping a bunch of people they wanted dead would die, like that's a matter of record that their strategy was set once they knew it killed minorities and poor people at a higher number, I mean, yeah

Pillowpants posted:

I have no energy to make map today.

Everything is bad. Honestly looks to me like the places hardest hit originally are seeing the biggest increase.

:sympathy: take care of yourself Pillowpants, we appreciate you, like some of us definitely do

Trixie Hardcore has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Apr 13, 2022

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

things i learned today:

lmao heads in the sand

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Mar 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Boosters aren't individually prescribed, they're authorized by billionaires by country based on politics, so it's different.