Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Witcher 3 next gen got delayed. Another L for CDRP :negative:

A Russian studio was working on the port, so they're bringing it in-house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Professor Beetus posted:

Just gotta lol a bit about my recent achievements, because I thing maybe a whopping two of my Elden Ring achievements are "rare" achievements, ie they have been completed by less than 10% of people playing the game.

While playing the MCC is getting me rare cheevos (good god my phone kept trying to autocorrect to Cheetos) left and right because so many people have access to the MCC and/or only play multiplayer, or because a ton of people have fired it up on game pass like once and then never touched it. Because pretty much each campaign level completion is a rare achievement and completing an entire campaign gives you rare achievements for completing the game on normal and easy, and it of course means hard and legendary or whatever will also be rare.

I don't think it means anything but it's just kind of funny that notoriously difficult game series has very few rare achievements remaining.

Yeah they were very generous when they set the rare achievement thing at 10%. About 46% of my achievements are considered 'rare' by this metric. :v:

And yeah it's further exacerbated by people bouncing off a game after unlocking a couple of achievements. Much more common in Game Pass games like MCC ofc.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 13, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

didn’t realise Saber were Russian. Their ports are really good.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
always a great sign when getting the tutorial complete achievement gets you the diamond cheevo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know that they say. A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. Oh wait, Cyberpunk 2077 is good now?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Zerot posted:

A Russian studio was working on the port, so they're bringing it in-house.

I wonder what is going to happen with Atomic Heart. I'm assuming Stalker 2 is DOA.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Atomic Heart always looked like vaporware

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Atomic Heart always looked like vaporware

What makes ya say that? They've shown plenty of footage.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

didn’t realise Saber were Russian. Their ports are really good.
Their website lists offices in the US and across most of Eastern and Western Europe. I think the Russian studios are their lead engineering teams, though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've been slowly working my way through the Gears games. Back in the day, I'd played through 1 and 2. I'm not sure why I never picked up 3 back when it came out, lord knows copies where plentiful. Gear of War Ultimate came out around the time that Xbox One got backwards compatibility and it came with digital codes for every GOW came up until that point. I worked at GameStop and swiped the codes off of a used copy. (A ton of Xbox One games with legacy 360 titles did this as bonuses, I built up a nice digital library swiping those codes.)

Anyway. I beat GoW3 today. It was pretty drat good. I will forever laugh at UE3 making everyone look like a roided up monster though. Marcus's dad looked like a professional wrestler with a scientist gimmick. Because I worked at Gamestop around the time of GoW4, I remember they advertised a Zombie Dom skin, so I knew he was gonna die going in. The skin seems pretty tasteless in retrospect.

I just started GoW Judgement. It's got a different feel to it. I know that People Can Fly made it, so I'm expecting it to be pretty solid. I don't think it was too popular in its day. I'm digging the trial framing device. Using challenges to "declassify" intel is really clever.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I remember liking that one. I got it off gamefly when it came out and played through with a buddy. It was definitely shorter than the other ones and didn't really bring anything new to the table but GOW isn't really about bringing new things to the table anyway and overall it was enjoyable.

I've played them all now since getting the series x but I think I'm gonna run through them with my girlfriend since she wants to play a game together. Although I dunno how excited she'll be about the roid fighting for our freedom soldier plot.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've heard that GoW's got a pretty large female fanbase so who knows? The entire franchise runs at 60fps on Series consoles now so it's a good time replay them.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I like GoW because of it's simplicity of story. No higher themes for the most part although it does sneak in sometimes. Most of each game is just "there's a bunch of monsters everywhere and that sucks so let's kill a bunch"

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I just started GoW Judgement. It's got a different feel to it. I know that People Can Fly made it, so I'm expecting it to be pretty solid. I don't think it was too popular in its day. I'm digging the trial framing device. Using challenges to "declassify" intel is really clever.

I played GoW Judgement for the first time a few months ago, and loved how it was turned into a score attack game, and just let each little bit stand alone as a fun little playground rather than a bigger campaign. I guess I could say that the pacing wasn't varied, but all I want out of Gears of War is to shoot big angry Locust.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Judgement has been great so far. I didn't know it switched up the playable character over the course of the story. That's neat. You play a female character after Baird's chapter. I'm pretty sure this game came out around the same time as the "Can't program female Assassins" debacle.

I heard GoW4 was pretty mediocre. Not looking forward to playing a boring rear end Nolan North protagonist.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Detective No. 27 posted:

I heard GoW4 was pretty mediocre. Not looking forward to playing a boring rear end Nolan North protagonist.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He's called Nolan North because when you hear his voice you turn north and walk away.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Beastie posted:

Is it me or is this thread inundated with absolute morons lately?

Yeah noticed a big uptick after the activision news, a smaller one after the Bethesda deal as well. It's most likely people who don't own xboxes but consume so much gaming related content that they for some reason are compelled to post terribly here. You should have an active gamepass sub to post here imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i have an active gamepass sub going to total waste since I got Elden ring

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

Maybe it has something to do with Xboxes being more widely available but tbh I agree with the poster above, this is a cool chill thread with laid back cool people in it. Not like the high strung elitists in the PS5 thread. I don't actually read the PS5 thread but I assume that's what it's like.

I don't know about "elitist" but "high strung" is pretty accurate. There are significantly fewer slap fights in here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cos we got actual games to play instead of reading boring rear end books or watching the fart-huffing cinema of A24

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also hurry up and slam the RE2/3 upgrade button, Capcom.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sleng Teng posted:

What the hell is going on at Sony

The San Fran office is running the show for the gaming division and those guys want to be movie producers and not you know, software company execs. this is why they pretty much don't do anything nowadays, they don't want to make games or run a store or anything that an actual video game company would do, and they apparently got undercut by Microsoft a bunch, not because they got out-negotiated, but because they just let a bunch of hardware contracts expire.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

How’s GoW Tactics? I love a good Srpg but. I’m assuming it’s dumbed down and lovely

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why is there so much elden ring chat in here when there is an elden ring thread?

e: dunking on Sony is good tho keep doing that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Laserface posted:

Why is there so much elden ring chat in here when there is an elden ring thread?

Elden Ring is good. The Elden Ring thread is bad. Hth

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

sponges posted:

How’s GoW Tactics? I love a good Srpg but. I’m assuming it’s dumbed down and lovely

It's alright, was pretty bad on release as the sidequests and character progression was sucky (you couldn't use the same char on 2 missions) but after they patched in Jack as a permanent additional Party member the game got a lot better. Revamped for S/X as well so performs well and is also a decent xCloud game as latency isn't a concern

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh wait you're the guy who posted about wanting to play Bugsnax over ER lmao. Stay mad bitch. 🤣

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sponges posted:

Pretty fun imo, plot is insignificant but the gameplay can be real fun to be faced with a 12v5 and knock 5-6 grubs out in one turn.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

Oh wait you're the guy who posted about wanting to play Bugsnax over ER lmao. Stay mad bitch. 🤣

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm not mad I just thought that the dumb gently caress who couldn't find the tutorial probably also can't find the elden ring thread.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The elden ring thread is AIDS, it's all full of people telling you to use the wiki and stuff.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Wait you're telling me that sometimes people discuss the massively popular games that they're playing on the Xbox in the Xbox thread. hosed up if true

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

The San Fran office is running the show for the gaming division and those guys want to be movie producers and not you know, software company execs. this is why they pretty much don't do anything nowadays, they don't want to make games or run a store or anything that an actual video game company would do, and they apparently got undercut by Microsoft a bunch, not because they got out-negotiated, but because they just let a bunch of hardware contracts expire.

it really is one awesome decision after another. Goodbye Volcano High hype ! !

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Laserface posted:

Elden Ring is available on the Xbox

Who appointed you thread sheriff, nerd

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You chose the worst class

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
There has been a lull in new first party games, which I guess is usual for this time of year. What even is the next big release coming?

Edit: a quick google seems to Indicate Stalker2 / Redfall?

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 14, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanyolo posted:

There has been a lull in new first party games, which I guess is usual for this time of year. What even is the next big release coming?

Edit: a quick google seems to Indicate Stalker2 / Redfall?

Stalker 2 has transitioned to a live action real time roguelike occuring in Ukraine right now

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009

Laserface posted:

I don’t want to hang out with the gross pc and ps players in the others thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

i have an active gamepass sub going to total waste since I got Elden ring

Same, but Crusader Kings. Which is on game pass so I guess that makes it okay, in a way.