Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It’s a relatively small matter, but I’m still kind of upset that the ‘definitive edition’ of Xenoblade 1 completely got rid of its somewhat unique FF12-ish ‘anime-stylized semi-photorealistic’ aesthetic and just made it look like a budget seasonal anime licensed Bandai-Namco game

its an improvement by miles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Old style with higher resolution better textures etc > new style > old style ported as is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont know which is which . thanks

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont know which is which . thanks

same

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7SnycvZOI i would like to play live a live remake

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Had my issues with how absurdly slow paced Trails in thr Sky was, e.g. ten dialogue lines about how we should use the key someone just gave us to open the door thry told us to use it on, but the last couple of chapters were really good and the ending was :kstare:

Guess I'm in it for the long haul now but SC never seems to go on sale lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ya that was exactly my experience with it. probably wouldnt have stuck with the game if it wasnt the only game i had in my psp on a flight

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

elf help book posted:

its an improvement by miles

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played a few hours of TitS and it seemed comfy as hell but the pacing/battles were super slow even with the fast forward on the PC port

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played a few hours of TitS and it seemed comfy as hell but the pacing/battles were super slow even with the fast forward on the PC port

"You seen Pablo?"
"Yeah. He's been in his room, all day, comfily playing with his TitS in fast forward."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

"You seen Pablo?"
"Yeah. He's been in his room, all day, comfily playing with his TitS in fast forward."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You can get TitS on the PC now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I like Cold Steel better than TitS

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I genuinely cannot imagine playing it without the fast forward button held down at all times

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

"You seen Pablo?"

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
can't figure out what TitS is (are?) and too afraid to ask

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I'm playing Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology and noticed noob weapons and armor cost 3-5k a piece but normal battles only drop 50G. It turns out one of the improvements for this version of the game is massively nerfing gold drops while keeping equip prices the same and selling a DLC to fix it!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jeff Wiiver posted:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jeff Wiiver posted:

We know you can't.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jeff Wiiver posted:

TWO PEOPLE: Trails in the Sky is a bit slow paced and boring at times

PABLO, IMMEDIATELY: yeah TitS is pretty slow paced

YOU: ahhhh buhhh?? Ah buhuuhhhh? Ahhhh buuuuuuhuhuhhhhhhh????

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

TWO PEOPLE: Trails in the Sky is a bit slow paced and boring at times

PABLO, IMMEDIATELY: yeah TitS is pretty slow paced

YOU: ahhhh buhhh?? Ah buhuuhhhh? Ahhhh buuuuuuhuhuhhhhhhh????

when i was nine i saw an issue of rolling stone that said “barenaked ladies” on the cover and i pored over every page twice trying to find the pictures before having to give up my search confused and disappointed. so a part of me understands what jeff has just gone through

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TitS 2 and 3 are on sale on Steam.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

cool. it looks like they're finally taking orders for that giant rear end JRPG book again, i just ordered mine.

https://www.bitmapbooks.com/products/a-guide-to-japanese-role-playing-games

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

cool. it looks like they're finally taking orders for that giant rear end JRPG book again, i just ordered mine.

https://www.bitmapbooks.com/products/a-guide-to-japanese-role-playing-games

same. thanks for the reminder :D

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I should pick that back up again soon. The writing isn't great but its comprehensiveness makes up for it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I briefly looked over the Mother 3 article and I kind of want to play it now. Or after I finish Kiwami 2 anyway

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
during the 5 hours i played mother 3 last night apparently none of the saves i did actually saved ftw. i think its because the vbagx saves folder wasn't in the right location or something. guess ill test it again and if it doesnt work ill sit at computer and play with mednafen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mother 3 is wonderful and worth the effort. hope you fix it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
It is now confirmed actually saving and I got back to where I was in less than half the time it took last night. All is well

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i had to level up a few times in the area before the ghost conductor guy to beat him. this game's kinda grindy right? im not just missing something am i? im doin the combos

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i guess it wasnt really the grinding that allowed me to beat him as much as i learned to put him to sleep a lot more so i can actually heal some. and some generally lucky rolls. it was a satisfying dude to beat. but the grinding helped

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't remember specifically grinding but I always play super thorough checking every room 3 times before advancing so I probably had a lot of random encounters. I remember the ending stretch of the mansion + the boss being pretty difficult yeah.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mycophobia posted:

i had to level up a few times in the area before the ghost conductor guy to beat him. this game's kinda grindy right? im not just missing something am i? im doin the combos

From what I remember the mansion is the biggest difficulty spike in the game with the conductor being probably the toughest fight. Other bosses can still be pretty difficult but you're much more well rounded by then and can usually get by without grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the ghost is a difficulty spike yeah but you dont gotta grind to beat him you just gotta stack a million debuffs on him. most people just grind it out though. mother 3's kinda like smt in that stacking buffs and debuffs is super useful