Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > Drag Race 2022: Shantay you ALL stay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this is not rupaul’s dash race

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Rupaul’s Möbius striptease

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
wasnt it last season where they randomly had a covid special just before snatchgame?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I was obsessed with George Michael’s Too Funky video back in the 90s (still am) so this was a cool homage. Wasn’t crazy about anyone’s lyrics but the video was cool and Daya loving killed it. Wow. The bitch was sent home first but came back and earned her spot in the finale.

I have a feeling Ru will crown Willow just because she is so loving bonkers for her (which is fine by me). Willow or Camden, please. 👑

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Raccoonboy posted:

wasnt it last season where they randomly had a covid special just before snatchgame?

Yes, but in a lot of seasons before that it was often a week off between the last real episode and the reunion, or a really odd week off in the middle for no reason, so it's not really anything new as far as how they actually air the show the first time goes.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1512498321927159809

https://twitter.com/FizzOpera/status/1512598497840668672

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I love those photoshopped panel shots. Only RuPaul gets a shadow! Icons only!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This last challenge confuses me as to production's motives. It was clearly setup to give them ample wiggle room to put their finger on the scale and push whoever they wanted out. But it just seems like they didn't? The Queens have to design their own garment but then production makes it for them. It you wanted to screw someone over, the opportunity is right there on a platter. I was almost certain they would gun for Daya but then she wound up with the best outfit? And then Angeria seemed guaranteed a final 4 spot and they kinda didn't help her at all.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

iceyman posted:

This last challenge confuses me as to production's motives. It was clearly setup to give them ample wiggle room to put their finger on the scale and push whoever they wanted out. But it just seems like they didn't? The Queens have to design their own garment but then production makes it for them. It you wanted to screw someone over, the opportunity is right there on a platter. I was almost certain they would gun for Daya but then she wound up with the best outfit? And then Angeria seemed guaranteed a final 4 spot and they kinda didn't help her at all.

How the queens perform in challenges increasingly matters less and less with the show. I've said it before, but they're producing a television show first, and drag competition second. They can do anything with editing and the judge's panel to get their desired outcome.

I think they're fine with going into the finale with 5 simply because they've never done it before. I imagine they'll have some sort of new finale gimmick.

I believe that there have only been a handful of times where Ru decided to crown someone other than who they had planned on winning before the season even began: Sharon Needles (overwhelming fan favorite), Violet Chachki (the chosen one was simply too underwhelming to make it to the finale), Sasha Velour (decidedly outperformed the chosen one during the lip sync), and Jaida Essence Hall (the chosen one was disqualified). All stars is a different beast. Other than that, I firmly believe Ru knows who she wants to crown each season, even as early as during casting.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

(I only just noticed this) If you're in Canada and a Cogeco subscriber, OutTV is on free preview this month:

https://www.cogeco.ca/en/tv/news

https://outtv.ca/schedule/

Drimble Wedge fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 13, 2022

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99_RpBtUJw8

Welp, here we go. At time of posting, the cast list will be live in 45 minutes.

If the spoilers are correct, we'll see Jaida Essence Hall, Jinkx Monsoon, Monét X Change, Raja, Shea Couleé, Trinity the Tuck, The Vivienne, and Yvie Oddly. I lost a lot of my steam when Bob said she wouldn't be doing it -- I really wanted to see Bob and Monét on the same cast alongside people their comedy bounces off well, like Jinkx. Very curious how Raja will perform. I'm not super keen to see Shea again so soon, or Yvie and Trinity much at all.

I'd love to be surprised, both by queens I'm cooler on and by some unleaked wildcards (if such a thing is even possible anymore).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Looks like all of the spoilers were correct! Little bummed that most of the cast were from the last 4 years, with only 2 older queens.

Edit: From the press release

In a watershed moment in “Drag Race” herstory, all eight returning queens on Season 7 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars” have won previous seasons of “Drag Race” or “All Stars.” The cast includes winners that stretch from 2011 through 2020, one international queen and three queens who’ve won seasons of All Stars. Together, they will compete for a $200,000 cash prize and the title of “Queen of All Queens.”

“All Stars” Season 7 will debut with two episodes on Paramount+ on May 20, and Paramount+ and producers World of Wonder are rolling out a lengthy red carpet to build up to the premiere. An extended preview of the season will air during the Season 14 finale of “Drag Race,” set to air on VH1 on April 22. A four-episode special, “Countdown to All Stars 7: You’re A Winner Baby,” will air on VH1 starting on April 29 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, featuring eight fan-favorite queens reacting to the best moments of the “All Stars 7” cast.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 13, 2022

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
The runways this season are going to be loving wild. And I'm SO excited for more Jinkx on tv.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Team Jinkx, Jaida, and Yvie

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

While I will allow myself a momentary break from my anti-spoiler status to check out All-Stars cast lists, since this was an All Winners season I decided to hold strong.

I'm very happy with the cast, and we actually get a month off between the end of S14 and AS7!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I never realised how much I miss Jinkx on my screen until she entered the room. She literally just oozes charisma.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 14, 2022

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Ready to fall in love with Jinkx all over again :kimchi:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jinkx forever - my first drag crush!!! :)

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Raja murdered her season. She'll murder this one, too.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

subpar anachronism posted:

Ready to fall in love with Jinkx all over again :kimchi:

:hai:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

GrandmaParty posted:

Raja murdered her season. She'll murder this one, too.

I love Raja. I am a little worried because generally earlier queens haven't done so well in All Stars seasons given how much the show has changed since then (lots of mall chic back in the day), but Raja is a major reason why the show moved to be so much more fashion forward, and she has stayed engaged with the production and queens in the 11 years since she was last on the show. She might actually do pretty well, especially with the new format where nobody goes home, meaning queens won't be incentivized to send home their strongest competition for one minor gently caress up.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I for one am grateful for more time with yvie and jaida, yvie’s drag excites me in a way few queens on drag race do

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
Season 3 was the first season I ever watched and I fell in love with Raja right away. So excited to see her competing again! Her and Jinkx are my dream team

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

In other news, the Drag Queen of the Year Pageant Competition Award Contest Competition Paige Brookes is back again. Let's meet the queens!

https://twitter.com/Alaska5000/status/1511019117590945794

Unfortunately, no streaming options as of yet and I doubt there will be one.

Team Bambi!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

^^ Militia Scunt is an incredible drag name

I always forget how Jaida is one of the older queens on her seasons and overall among winners. She's older than Jinkx! Maybe because her season was mostly mid-20s and she didn't seem out of place.

I hope this season has multiple design challenges, because she and Raja will eat them up.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Pinwiz11 posted:

In other news, the Drag Queen of the Year Pageant Competition Award Contest Competition Paige Brookes is back again. Let's meet the queens!

https://twitter.com/Alaska5000/status/1511019117590945794

Unfortunately, no streaming options as of yet and I doubt there will be one.

Team Bambi!

Two of my friends are competing! :neckbeard: Bambi and Ramona are the ONES, imo. But the competition is really and truly stacked. :) Whoever wins, it will be a gorgeous show.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm so ready for more Jinkx, Jaida, Raja and Monet on my screen. I just stumbled on Jinkx's Futurama re-cap podcast and it's delightful.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I hope Jinkx does Bette Midler for Snatch Game without getting in drag

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I want to start introducing myself as "Internationally Tolerated". :allears:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm so ready for more Jinkx, Jaida, Raja and Monet on my screen. I just stumbled on Jinkx's Futurama re-cap podcast and it's delightful.

Oh, link?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is the finale still tomorrow with Good Friday?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Vintersorg posted:

Is the finale still tomorrow with Good Friday?

Tomorrow's the reunion, the finale is in 8 days.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
i like jinkx
she’s not a tryhard
and she’s not a theater kid
and she’s not cloying
but she’s also all of those things
but also not

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

I don't have one on hand but it's called "I'm 40% Podcast" and it's got her and Nick plus guests, some of them Drag Race queens but also other friends of the duo. I usually just skip to episodes with guests I like - they got Bob to come in for the Fear of a Bot Planet episode and Alaska for Fry and the Slurm Factory. It's a pretty decent mix of people who've seen Futurama and like it and folks who haven't seen it or may have watched an episode or two when high.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Pinwiz11 posted:

Tomorrow's the reunion, the finale is in 8 days.

I predict this being a VERY drama-light reunion.

I forget how drat PRETTY Alaska's mug is. :allears:

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Read After Burning posted:

I predict this being a VERY drama-light reunion.

Looks like there is going to be at least *some*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SeXsb4QKw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

June doesn't get enough recognition for how soft and beautiful she paints her mug

Edit: Also Camden doesn't get enough credit for how well she can deliver shade

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2022

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
What do you guys watch the show on? I usually just buy the season from Amazon which means I have to watch it the next day and I am getting way too impatient for that. I don't watch much tv at all so spending a bunch of money a month on a service for just one show is irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Bookish posted:

What do you guys watch the show on? I usually just buy the season from Amazon which means I have to watch it the next day and I am getting way too impatient for that. I don't watch much tv at all so spending a bunch of money a month on a service for just one show is irritating.

From what I understand there's a way to get 24-hour online passes for VH1 and they don't check the emails so you can possibly do that. I'm sure others will fill in the details.

In terms of streaming services, I think Philo is the cheapest option (and has a 7-day trial so you could conceivably watch the finale for free if you time it right).