Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

El Jebus posted:

I've been trying to think about what might make it a better map with minimal changes and my first thought is always "what if they got rid of the fence preventing crossing anywhere in the bottom third?". It wouldn't be perfect but I think it would be better.

Pier needs a 2nd entrance from the other side, maybe a land bridge connecting construction to the light house.

Also put scavs back at road to customs and the green tower at the other end of the same road. Also don't think I've seen any ai at cottages or the village all wipe unless sani and his boys have spawned there. Shoreline scav spawns are super light this wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
More important loot locations that aren't the resort/Radar/pier would help immensely. Right now its just an empty map with 4 crossings that are high risk.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

They should compress shoreline to be like half the size

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The entire quadrant with path to lighthouse only exists to lure PMCs to extract while they cross 500m of nearly bare terrain to be sniper bait.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Hey, so what ammo is most broadly useful for 5.45? I have been carrying BT so that I can win closer fights using full-auto, but it seems like scavs can just tank a LOT of hits with it. It actually seems more effective against PMCs, but I fight fewer of those, so I am not sure.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, so what ammo is most broadly useful for 5.45? I have been carrying BT so that I can win closer fights using full-auto, but it seems like scavs can just tank a LOT of hits with it. It actually seems more effective against PMCs, but I fight fewer of those, so I am not sure.

BS is my go-to round for 5.45, and the 7n40 is the new hot stuff. The rest of it either doesn't do any damage at range or doesn't pen anything.

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Pier needs a 2nd entrance from the other side, maybe a land bridge connecting construction to the light house.

Also put scavs back at road to customs and the green tower at the other end of the same road. Also don't think I've seen any ai at cottages or the village all wipe unless sani and his boys have spawned there. Shoreline scav spawns are super light this wipe.

Oooo, a new path onto Pier would be good. I hate getting stuck there and I feel bad if I stumble upon someone trying to leave if I have a good scope because they can't get off that island without taking a couple hits.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

AlternateAccount posted:

You should be just one shotting slavs in the head. Their ai is really bad and easy to exploit.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Charles 1998 posted:

You should be just one shotting slavs in the head. Their ai is really bad and easy to exploit.

Good point and normally this is the case. This question was prompted by two player scavs last night, both of whom absorbed a minimum of 10 shots of BT and IIRC had zero armor. Also sometimes you turn a corner on a scav at six feet and gotta just give 'em the beans, it's nice if they die on bullet 2 instead of bullet 10 where they've shotgunned most of your face off.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

AlternateAccount posted:

The entire quadrant with path to lighthouse only exists to lure PMCs to extract while they cross 500m of nearly bare terrain to be sniper bait.

naked knife run around that area with a buddy and whoever lives the longest wins

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

AlternateAccount posted:

Good point and normally this is the case. This question was prompted by two player scavs last night, both of whom absorbed a minimum of 10 shots of BT and IIRC had zero armor. Also sometimes you turn a corner on a scav at six feet and gotta just give 'em the beans, it's nice if they die on bullet 2 instead of bullet 10 where they've shotgunned most of your face off.

A couple patches back they added variable hit point scavs. It's random but some can take twice as much damage as a PMC.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

AlternateAccount posted:

Unfortunately 5.45x39 is in a pretty bad spot compared to the past. Only the hottest AP rounds (Igolnik & BS) will reliably pen class 6 armour, and will take 3-4 shots to kill a man with chest shots. Going down tiers in ammo drastically increases that to like... 15-20, sometimes more.

That being said it's pretty good against most else, but generally I find myself in situations where I die and wish I had more firepower.

At least that's my excuse for dying when I'm holding an AK-74.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So what's the jam now? 7.62 isn't really useful for full auto, everyone gripes about 5.56 being weak. Just... shoot people more?

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

AlternateAccount posted:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Ballistics#Armor_penetration_table

By now assume PMCs are rocking T4 armour minimum, so you either want 40+ pen or the highest dmg and aim for legs. Scavs are usually naked or <T3.

WirelessPillow posted:

More important loot locations that aren't the resort/Radar/pier would help immensely. Right now its just an empty map with 4 crossings that are high risk.

There is tonnes of loot if you can learn hidden stashes.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people want every map to be Nuketown. The game is supposed to allow different playstyles and if every map is all action all the time then the only playstyle that'll work is chad meta. Each map needs space so that you can plan a safer route through it.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

AlternateAccount posted:

So what's the jam now? 7.62 isn't really useful for full auto, everyone gripes about 5.56 being weak. Just... shoot people more?

I just run RFB and play DMRkov

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AlternateAccount posted:

Big hard hitting semi-autos.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

https://tarkov.ascheron.dev/

Here is a fun app for ballistics info if you don't know of it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
This is the updated NoFoodAfterMidnight site. https://eft-ammo.com/nofoodaftermidnight

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

Ah yeah that's a really great app too.

Really shows why the SVD is so drat popular, even with PS it slaps like a bitch.

E: Actually gently caress the PKM is gonna be so hosed when it's released. Really wonder how they're gonna stop dudes with a fat machine gun just running around with a 200rd box of mosin rounds.

Mellow_ fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 13, 2022

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Ballistics#Armor_penetration_table

By now assume PMCs are rocking T4 armour minimum, so you either want 40+ pen or the highest dmg and aim for legs. Scavs are usually naked or <T3.

There is tonnes of loot if you can learn hidden stashes.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people want every map to be Nuketown. The game is supposed to allow different playstyles and if every map is all action all the time then the only playstyle that'll work is chad meta. Each map needs space so that you can plan a safer route through it.

The problem isn't the amount of loot, the problem is that Shoreline is nuketown with nothing around it. you either go to resort for a brawl, or traverse one of the kill lanes when crossing. The map would feel better if PMC's moved around more, if they felt there were more interesting locations to go to other than the resort or lurking stashes.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mellow_ posted:

E: Actually gently caress the PKM is gonna be so hosed when it's released. Really wonder how they're gonna stop dudes with a fat machine gun just running around with a 200rd box of mosin rounds.
It will hopefully be uncontrollable if not fired from prone, and the barrel will likely be hosed after sustained fire.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

The map is poo poo. There are exactly _three_ incredibly easy to camp chokepoints you have no choice but to cross through to extract 99% of the time

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mellow_ posted:

Probably the same way they deal with other gamebreaking guns, make them prohibitively expensive and hide them behind bullshit unlock quests with no flea access.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How are the even going to balance the grenade launcher? Hell, how did they balance the original FN-FAL Grenade Launcher?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

How are the even going to balance the grenade launcher? Hell, how did they balance the original FN-FAL Grenade Launcher?

They aren't, it wasn't.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Just plain old thrown grenades are already really the strongest thing in the game at any kind of tossing range, much like real life I guess.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Does DLSS make everything look blurry for anyone else? I’ve tried each setting and they all seem to do it. FPS is definitely smooth though

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does the dlss have any quality/perf settings? Sharpness settings?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It’s impossible for DLSS to not look more blurry than not using it. Why is anyone surprised by this?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It would be nice if it did not try to logic trees and grass and poo poo. Might be good for interchange, makes your eyes bleed on woods or shoreline.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s impossible for DLSS to not look more blurry than not using it. Why is anyone surprised by this?

It’s not blurry in any other game I’ve used it on which is why I’m asking

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

hello internet posted:

It’s not blurry in any other game I’ve used it on which is why I’m asking

Yeah it's really poorly implemented in EFT, maybe upcoming patches will update it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

DLSS is specifically meant to implement a way of scaling the image that the average person won't notice during gameplay if it's done well. That's up to the specifics of the implementation though and the worse off it is the more obvious it is if you're not looking for it and of course some people are more sensitive to it than others. Unsurprisingly EFT's is a bit of a hackjob.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

DLSS as a technology isn't at a place where it's suitable for games that require a high amount of detail/fidelity at long ranges. It's a great tech, incredibly useful for most games, but nowhere near where it needs to be for competitive FPS games where you are going for pixel-perfect accuracy on very small targets.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

People are experiencing the blur with PC's they can't even activate dlss on as a result of this patch.

Something went wrong in the update

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.

hello internet posted:

- Improved the speed of loading into a raid;

Should read "increased the time of..."

I used to get to 'waiting for players' before the timer got to 1 minute. Now it's still loading things past 2. My old cpu last year even loaded maps faster than this.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Sold a Scav Vest on the Action House for 80,000 gold yesterday. Only had a 10,000 charge, too.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I just started playing this and can't tell if I love it or hate it.

It's definitely something unique and interesting.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wheeee posted:

This is a normal and acceptable reaction to starting Tarkov, don’t be alarmed.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Bussamove posted:

This is a normal and acceptable reaction to starting playing Tarkov, don’t be alarmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Wheeee posted:

I used to be on the fence and kinda not like it. Then I started watching streamers play and now I love the game a lot more and play it more. I learned a ton from watching them.