Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Garrison continues to excel in drawing the Hero the audience should immediately side with in his art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The cat breaking into the birdcage: universally recognized symbol of good intentions

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

rydiafan posted:

"Under Allah" isn't on our loving money

Well yeah it would be strange to mix English and Arabic together like that. Try and translate Allah first.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Musk wants to sadistically toy with and kill Twitter.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Xander77 posted:

Garrison levels of "absolutely the good guy here, for sure".

sorry, what exactly are you saying here?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Raised By Birds posted:

Everybody! Give Musk all your Twitter stock so he can unban Trump!!
Holy poo poo we're meant to see him as the good guy here? Like I know this is Garrison's thing, drawing people he likes as overtly villainous, but even for him this is blatant.
I'm pretty sure owning 10% of the stock doesn't mean he makes policy now.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

Holy poo poo we're meant to see him as the good guy here? Like I know this is Garrison's thing, drawing people he likes as overtly villainous, but even for him this is blatant.
I'm pretty sure owning 10% of the stock doesn't mean he makes policy now.

hes going to be on the board

https://twitter.com/paraga/status/1511320953598357505

Now in what actual capacity that is remains to be seen (who's got a vote on the board of directors for ceo/major decisions is different than who gets to sit in the room and talk)

3% of outstanding shares is a lot to hold. 10% is fairly major.

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 14, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

moonmazed posted:

sorry, what exactly are you saying here?

the man often unintentionally draws the guys he likes as villains
(and the girls he dislikes as stupid sexy flanders)

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

https://twitter.com/paraga/status/1513354622466867201

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Lawyer seen desperately running towards Elon. Sad really, this would have been a big opportunity for him to crime his way into being banned from being a corporate officer.

I still cant believe he got away with naked stock manipulation with just a warning.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Mike Lester

So... Republicans are pedophiles?

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Free Bird: Many are hoping that Elon Musk owning a majority of Twitter shares will bring back free speech to its platform.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Raised By Birds posted:

Steve Breen

Tony Branco

Amazing, three completely different takes using the exact same metaphor.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Republican cartoonists when a shooting happens: "Crying bald eagle, Uncle Sam holding Lady Liberty in mourning, thoughts and prayers, we're with [city], if only there was something that we could do (there's not)"
Republican cartoonists when a shooting happens in a big city: "Ha ha gently caress you [city] sucks rear end go to hell"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Removing the ability to censor their platform will lead to twitter getting away from the owners control and if Musk does this he would be irresponsible.

AGC

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Amazing, even Branco of all people managed to outdo Garrison on visual metaphor (labels aside).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raised By Birds posted:

I know I'm late to the party with the whole "this is a terrible visual metaphor" hot take, but by GOD is this a terrible visual.

You have a terrified looking prey animal being creepily held against it's will by a much larger predator; that someone drew this and thought "aw yes, clearly the predator is shown as a noble hero standing up for what's right in this situation" is a little unsettling.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

An English major would understand the inherently flexible and ever-changing nature of language and also even if it wasn't singular they is old as balls and an established part of English, you illiterate hack.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

RoboRodent posted:

An English major would understand the inherently flexible and ever-changing nature of language and also even if it wasn't singular they is old as balls and an established part of English, you illiterate hack.

Yeah, it's a shame that student is doing so bad at their major.

They should probably study up a little more.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm really confused at what people think Elon Musk can do or that he would even give a gently caress.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

I know I shouldn't be too surprised that the likes of Lester have no depths they won't sink to, but the number of shithead cartoonists gleefully jumping in to calling all the queers pedophiles is still depressing

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The pedophile is scared and angry and lashing out about children being given comprehensive sex and gender education because knowledge of what sex and consent entails will make it harder for the pedophile to abuse children. AGC

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Angepain posted:

I know I shouldn't be too surprised that the likes of Lester have no depths they won't sink to, but the number of shithead cartoonists gleefully jumping in to calling all the queers pedophiles is still depressing

This was always the goal. Trans issues are the thin end of a very, very wide wedge. A whole lot of gay, anti-trans journalists are suddenly seeing their recently-acquired hateful following turning on them.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, like, Obergefell and Lawrence v Texas were both ruled on by SCOTUS in the 2000s, bigots still see it as a baby to be smothered in the cradle.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

Kellies nomination: Least concealed bigotry (LGBT)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ha no loving way

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

McCarthyism will end leftism in America!
The War on Terror will end Islamic extremism!
Suppressing sex education will end gays and transeses!
Beating the poo poo out of black people will end crime!

Telling me to shut up won't end my bullshit, though! I'm like CHRIST!!!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Calling bigotss out -cancel culture
Nailing a guy to a loving piece of wood - somehow equivalent

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Oh look a bennett with more than one object, must be a special occasion

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
So, Lester's position is that republicans are pedophiles and this is good because it allows them to correctly identify LGBT people as pedophiles?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

RoboRodent posted:

Fuckin' Shakespeare fuckin' used it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Who gives a poo poo what some pedo thinks anyhow

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Shakespeare's wife, Anne Hathaway was eight years older than him. :eng101:

Oh, that's not who you meant... :eng99:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

So, Lester's position is that republicans are pedophiles and this is good because it allows them to correctly identify LGBT people as pedophiles?

This is consistent with their belief that white racists are able to identify black people as racists

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Although the signifiers are lazy and also way too subtle (that's a lot of writing to fit onto a car door), I appreciate the correctly-placed strong repugnance. I would maybe draw Govenor Abbot personally with a hitler mustache, but I don't know what he looks like. Probably just some white guy.

Garrison can learn something about visual metaphors from loving BRANCO. Look at that Musk! He seems almost likable! And he's releasing a bird to set it free, he's not about to kill it. Twitter's even happy about it! There are so many things saying "this is a good thing that we are happy about happening."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Stab posted:

Brawnfire posted:

Who gives a poo poo what some pedo thinks anyhow
Strong vibes of this from the whole cartoon really

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I know I'm late to the party with the whole "this is a terrible visual metaphor" hot take, but by GOD is this a terrible visual.

You have a terrified looking prey animal being creepily held against it's will by a much larger predator; that someone drew this and thought "aw yes, clearly the predator is shown as a noble hero standing up for what's right in this situation" is a little unsettling.

Everyone is looking at this from a normal, non-fash brain. Fash like Zyklon Ben love strong men. So in their mind the hero must be a strong imposing creature killing the weak, meek but evil enemy. So in their hosed up mind of course the hero would be the large, strong cat crushing the throat of the weak, traitorous bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Although the signifiers are lazy and also way too subtle (that's a lot of writing to fit onto a car door), I appreciate the correctly-placed strong repugnance. I would maybe draw Govenor Abbot personally with a hitler mustache, but I don't know what he looks like. Probably just some white guy.

His most notable traits are his receding combover hairstyle, and the fact that he uses a wheelchair.