Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

You can read this in either direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

You could read this one either direction and it works lol

Efb

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just think about things that make you happy, Tony.

Wait actually don't do that, we tried that and it wasn't good

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

he is rockin that 2 pixel smile

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

The three B's of market employeeing. Bugs, babes and boobs.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I love NEET the most when he’s at his most bleak. We’ve all been there.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Before :goonsay:, obviously, "fi-fty" and "fi-ve" are different sounds in English, but just "f" was too short, and he's stuttering, so I'm gonna say it's fine.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Why would you out yourself to wide Wednesday Addams... Just pretend you freelance for famitsu or some lovely magazine

I'm assuming this is all a setup for Tony to go "$0.50? gently caress that" and thus invalidate this whole "watching TV" arc as god intended.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

He's just saying fifty cents as a tax dodge.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Creepily staring at his friendly coworker helping customers as he twitch smiles. This will end well...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

I thought I'd stumbled into the Gunnerkrigg thread for a sec here.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

These NEETs and part timers are surely getting paid for their appearance on the program.

Some decades ago in Australia, one of our worst yellow journalism 'today' evening shows interviewed a family (parents, teenage children) who were all on the dole, by design, and loving it (e.g. the kids spent all day surfing). They all appeared to be quite stupid too, that type of studied stupidity/ignorance where if you ever used a word more than two syllables in a conversation with them, you'd be accused of being a smartass.

All of them were used as scapegoats by the media for months afterwards, and I reckon if any of them walked into a pub back then, maybe even years later, the odd person might offer to buy them a drink, but many others would abuse and threaten them and try to start fistfights.

The guests on the show in the comic appear to be smarter than that, so unless they're huge tossers for potential fame/infamy, they must have been offered something.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
They're probably being compensated for appearing on the show, but I think everyone understands that using that as an example of how they make money would be a pretty cheeky/disingenuous answer, unless they do this regularly somehow

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Ah yeah, the American fifty cent Pentadime

Edit: I’m clown man and conveniently forgot the extant but uncommon fifty cent coin.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol the panda

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

This is the best panel in all of manga history

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

amazing

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i love this dumb loving comic so much :allears:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Lmao that they have a premade cue card that says "Someone speak!"

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Lmao that they have a premade cue card that says "Someone speak!"

I don't think it is premade. The top of the page looks like it was hastily torn from a ring bound notebook.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The Daily Life of a Certain NEET: Awful, considering the neet income

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

All I remember about smoking cigs in Korea like 4 or 5 years ago was that there were a million brands, there were cigarettes with flavor capsules in the filter you popped that had literal candy flavors (I think those are actually banned now) and all the older men smokers past like 50 or so loved to smoke slims for some reason.

Packs were less than 5 USD, and I smoked so much i horrified myself and I quit cold turkey. Still tobacco free to this day.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Bravo on the Kennedy coin. Haven't held one of those since I was a kid.

I assume it was originally 50 yen?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Holy poo poo, is it time for the NEET hardcore convenience store training arc?!?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What the hell are all these words doing in my NEET? I need like a month straight of him looking at a donut and sighing to recover.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The NEET will become a shining light in the convenience store, remembering every customer's smokes preference.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hatsune Mike posted:

Ah yeah, the American fifty cent Pentadime

Edit: I’m clown man and conveniently forgot the extant but uncommon fifty cent coin.

Please continue to localize with slightly unusual American versions of stuff so we can get more overconfident goons bursting into the thread shouting "A FIFTY CENT COIN? YEAH RIGHT, IDIOT"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hmm, yes, her natural cigarette ignorance must be why customers are nicer to the pretty young woman. Couldn't be any other reason.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sato will already know all the cigarette brands and their respective slang names on day 1 and Tony is going to have an absolute fit about it

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Appoda posted:

Bravo on the Kennedy coin. Haven't held one of those since I was a kid.

I assume it was originally 50 yen?

Thanks!
And yes,

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ww

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

He wants to gently caress her.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nah, we would've had like 10 panels dedicated to his gross thoughts if that were true

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Sato will already know all the cigarette brands and their respective slang names on day 1 and Tony is going to have an absolute fit about it

Sato? You mean Sarah, right

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BigBadSteve posted:

He wants to gently caress her.

next month: Tohru gets promoted to supervisor and immediately quits when he learns the supervisor is a pedo