Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kana exists to suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The audience exists to suffer if Akane dies, especially as they foresee it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

So what's the mortality rate on analytical, smart, profiler characters like Akane? Cause I have a feeling she's going to do some digging on her own

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

Kana exists to suffer

Kana just dodged a freight train sized bullet

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
If Akane hasn't already figured out that something isn't normal with Aqua and Ruby, she will once it comes out that Goro vanished on their birthday.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I have to admit, I am getting some strong Maes Hughes/Naomi Misora vibes from Akane right now.

She still managed to beat Kana, though, so at least if she dies it'll probably be in victory

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Omobono posted:

In non spoiler comments :sickos:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why is everyone saying Akane is going to die?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cuz they're jerks. But as long as Kana is fine I will persevere.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Why is everyone saying Akane is going to die?

She doesn't appear in the flash forward and she's walking right into the middle of a murderous conspiracy while tripping death flags left and right. She's not definitely doomed, but she's at risk even aside from the whole "Make Aqua suffer" running theme.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I think I'm just bad at understanding things. Why did Aqua want the corpse to be found if he didn't want the corpse to be found? It smacks of bad writing that Aqua supposedly leaked information to Akane so she would find the corpse, but her finding of the corpse didn't have anything to do with the information he leaked to her. Aqua seems like he is acting deliberately creepy; if I were in Akane's shoes I would definitely have assumed he had killed Goro. But Akane doesn't ask if Aqua killed Goro, why Aqua knew Goro was dead, or even who Goro was to Aqua. Is she just going to assume Aqua killed Goro to keep him away from his sister? Why does Akane immediately jump to talking about them breaking up instead? Why would Aqua deliberately act like a murderer when he wasn't one?

Aqua claims that he was using Akane, but how is this true? When has he ever used Akane? Her "acting like Ai" was done to increase her own prominence on LoveNow and he never asked her to do that in the first place and never asked her to do that again. To be honest, it's much more Kana that he used, since he basically browbeat her into propping up his sister's idol group, even though she had misgivings. Her crush on him is really obvious, but has he ever even acknowledged it, even to himself?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I mean, the obvious route from here would be Aqua's dad is still alive, dad kills Akane for some reason, Aqua pulls a Lelouch and manifests TWO BLACK STAR EYES OF REVENGE (one way or another, I'm expecting we'll see double star eyes of some kind for both Aqua and Ruby before the end of the manga) and redoubles his efforts to kill his the guy. I feel like the manga's not going to do something that obvious though.

For some reason I feel like Aqua's going to get Memcho interested in him too somehow (maybe by bonding over liking stuff that older people like but teenagers don't) just to have literally all of the new B-Komachi and Akane as potential love interests. Regardless of the flash-forward, there's already too many girls after Aqua for the story to have him only date Akane.

I feel like Aqua and Ruby finally talking about their past lives to each other is going to be a top-tier chapter just for the comedy involved in Ruby's reaction to realizing that her massive crush is on her biological brother.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Based on Aqua's flash-forward scene near the beginning, my endgame prediction is that Aqua gets his Dad locked up for life and climbs up the showbiz ladder to rub his existence into his Dad's face.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Based on Aqua's flash-forward scene near the beginning, my endgame prediction is that Aqua gets his Dad locked up for life and climbs up the showbiz ladder to rub his existence into his Dad's face.

The investigation into Ai's death is closed, though, and I doubt Aqua's father left any hard evidence of his involvement in Ai's death, assuming he is involved.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

There's also every possibility that Aqua and Ruby's dad gave Ai's address to a friend or associate of his that he had no clue was stalking Ai or was going to attack her. Seeing how much Aqua's pissed at a guy like that when he finds him seems like a better story result than the other extreme of their dad having arranged this as a straight-up assassination.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oshi no Ko is now on Manga Plus.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100191

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

[ Ruby has joined the Hunt ]

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/79/1/

copy
Jul 26, 2007

https://guya.cubari.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/79/1/

did not expect ruby to take this turn but im very interested

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol drat son

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Oh poo poo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'M FUCKIN POINTING AT THE SIGN

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
LETS loving GOOOOOO

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The greatest mystery now begins: will these siblings loving talk to each other about their shared trauma or not?

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

i'm so ready for all the "ruby's brother" jokes in this next arc

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ZiegeDame posted:

The greatest mystery now begins: will these siblings loving talk to each other about their shared trauma or not?

:emptyquote:

Like, Aqua, just ask your sister if he knew the dude in her former life. I completely understand and approve a general stance of "past lives are past" but it's kinda useless when they suddenly become present again.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Omobono posted:

In non spoiler comments :sickos:

Quoting again because it's even more appropriate now.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dexo posted:

LETS loving GOOOOOO

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Aka sensei

You will all face trauma

Calling it now the crow girl is aka sensei despair self insert

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Are we sure that she isn't connected to a certain idol? The age looks about right ...

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

We Mangekyo Sharingan now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ZiegeDame posted:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Even in his rawest feelings of malice, Aqua's only ever had one black star eye, right?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

drat, good on Aka for throwing me a curveball and giving me what I expected and predicted, but not in the way I expected/predicted it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

derra posted:

Even in his rawest feelings of malice, Aqua's only ever had one black star eye, right?
Hell hath no fury like a maiden's scorn

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

derra posted:

One star for each dead loved one.
So when both Ruby and Akane die, you have to wonder where will the 3d star show up on Aqua.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Aqua only had one because he was still trying to suppress himself. Ruby is wearing it on her sleeve. Or more correctly, on her face.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I need a high quality poster of the splash pages.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Annointed posted:

I need a high quality poster of the splash pages.
Preferably greyscaled and dimmed almost to black to contrast with screaming, scarlet eyes?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Preferably greyscaled and dimmed almost to black to contrast with screaming, scarlet eyes?

Even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

One star for each dead loved one.
So when both Ruby and Akane die, you have to wonder where will the 3d star show up on Aqua.

I'm pretty sure Ruby has flipped her position on the standard in danger/ is the danger evaluation chart. Assuming she'll die early does not seem... likely.