Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Oh yeah, haven’t seen him around these parts for a while… was it w00t fatigue (username, not the reason they’re gone)?

short answer after looking for a post history, they haven't really been active much since 2016-2017 and only posted a handful of times as of 2021

guess people really do grow out of the forums

he did post some cool furniture and pictures though, and i think had a nice classic bmw or porsche too that he would post pictures of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Blue On Blue posted:

short answer after looking for a post history, they haven't really been active much since 2016-2017 and only posted a handful of times as of 2021

he did post some cool furniture and pictures though, and i think had a nice classic bmw or porsche too that he would post pictures of

They probably found another forum (Reddit) where people will drool over their purchases and give them the validation they sought.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Ihmemies posted:

I went to buy a car. They were out of cars but I bought 2 benches. Artek 153A & B. They even came with a "proof of authenticity" leaflet for whatever reason.

Maybe it needs the "proof of authenticity" so it is not confused with the Aartrek benches.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Helios Grime posted:

Maybe it needs the "proof of authenticity" so it is not confused with the Aartrek benches.

No no, you can tell because that brand uses only birch saplings.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

KingSlime posted:

I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio. Guess all of those stupid billboards all over Texas telling us to go visit are working as intended.

I'm pretty excited because I've never been to that region of the country, earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
The first thing I bought for my home gym was a set of Nuobell adjustable dumbbells and at the time I decided to go with the 20kg, but even before receiving them I regretted not going for the 32kg (or the cheaper Bowflex, or the more durable Powerblocks, or...) and so I spent the last 2 years looking on and off for a heavier option. I finally settled on loadable CAP dumbbells with a bunch of 10 lbs plates, an extra set of collars and a plate tree to stick everything on/in:

At this point, I spent so much on dumbbells that I could have bought an actual full hex set but hey, building a gym is a learning experience! I just hope I get to help ONE person with that knowledge.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Blue On Blue posted:

I remember this guy, i followed his instagram that he linked here for a while where he was showing off a pet raccoon. https://www.instagram.com/bradgillette/

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Picked up this little 9” CRT with a built in VHS off FB marketplace, only $30!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Coffee And Pie posted:

Picked up this little 9” CRT with a built in VHS off FB marketplace, only $30!

Now you have to go buy a N64 and Zelda ocarina of time, it's the law.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

learnincurve posted:

I have my N64 somewhere but I’ve been mostly playing the old PS2, but I’m planning to pick up a converter to let me use my raspberry pi with it for emulation

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

learnincurve posted:

This was me. :3:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Coffee And Pie posted:

I have my N64 somewhere but I’ve been mostly playing the old PS2, but I’m planning to pick up a converter to let me use my raspberry pi with it for emulation

I can't remember if it was wetrix or aqua aqua on the PS2 but that was in my stoner youth, the single greatest game of all time.

I did actually buy a thing, my son's 20th birthday is coming up so I bought him 3 years of Xbox gold and converted it into ultimate for him.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I took a day trip to the city, bought a hat

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

tickets for both nights, never been to LA either.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Found out my FiL has a thing for steam powered contraptions and picked this up for him to mess with while making his tea. It’s a neat little toy.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Bottom Liner posted:

This reads like a Who's On First gag :psyduck:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

once 4th world tour III Twice

I don't know how that's possibly confusing

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Apr 13, 2022

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Warbird posted:

Found out my FiL has a thing for steam powered contraptions and picked this up for him to mess with while making his tea. It’s a neat little toy.

I've got one of those sterling engine kits. They're super fun

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

A bunch of snacks from the grocery store

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Slimy Hog posted:

A bunch of snacks from the grocery store

be more specific so we can judge your snack cred

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Pop in our lan thread, every 10 posts are people asking what to do or where to eat.

Or Chicago transplants

a sexual elk has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Apr 13, 2022

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I took a day trip to the city, bought a hat

Does that say Buttigieg Supreme?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a PS5 because I got an e-mail saying they were going to sell a bunch in a few minutes.

I absolutely don't need a PS5. But I got Death Stranding too.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Warbird posted:

He should check out Blondihacks on youtube. She's a hobby machinist making a steam engine right now. She has a fun sense of humor that keeps things interesting too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyYHHLbP84

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I bought a PS5 because I got an e-mail saying they were going to sell a bunch in a few minutes.

I absolutely don't need a PS5. But I got Death Stranding too.

I hope you end up liking Death Stranding…

i liked it for the first 15 hours and then it was exactly the same going forward so I gave up on repeating deliveries again and again

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

deoju posted:

He should check out Blondihacks on youtube. She's a hobby machinist making a steam engine right now. She has a fun sense of humor that keeps things interesting too.

He doesn’t speak a lick of English, but I’ll see if it’ll be something he’d be interested in.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

deoju posted:

I see you also are a poster of taste and culture

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

https://youtu.be/tRBDMMVctu8

The Postman posted:

Many pages ago you were all posting those pocket operators and now I bought this thing...

This is super rad, I've got my alarm set for Friday morning to check for their next batch!

In a similar vein, just bought a new modular synthesizer kit from AI Synthesis to solder together and huck into my rack:

Also bought half a dozen pallets worth of chores for me to do outside, including paver blocks and base to replace our existing patio, and a buncha mulch:

Started working on cataloging records, and wound up buying a buncha new retrowave LPs off bandcamp. In other music related purchases, picked up some merch from a few shows we've recently been to, including Flobots:

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Warbird posted:

I have that exact one. I found a Yeti tumbler on sale somewhere that really keeps the heat in. That little sucker will chug away for an hour on top of that cup. For extra fun blast it with an upside down can of air duster and watch it really take off!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

This is super rad, I've got my alarm set for Friday morning to check for their next batch!

Make sure you're quick! They've only been adding like 4 at a time and they sell out almost instantly. Also I like your otamatone

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

New bleep bloop box. Well, new to me. Finally found one sub-$500 on craigslist. I already want another one. And a DFAM.

It never ends....

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh gently caress I’ve been looking at a Minitaur and you’re not helping.

I mean I should just get it. It’s a sign?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

800peepee51doodoo posted:

New bleep bloop box. Well, new to me. Finally found one sub-$500 on craigslist. I already want another one. And a DFAM.

It never ends....

Nice bleep boop box.

I just purchased this wooohohoooh fffrfffrt box myself but it will only arrive in 10 weeks since it's out of stock.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Rolo posted:

Oh gently caress I’ve been looking at a Minitaur and you’re not helping.

I mean I should just get it. It’s a sign?

:getin:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Nice bleep boop box.

I just purchased this wooohohoooh fffrfffrt box myself but it will only arrive in 10 weeks since it's out of stock.

Would love to get my hands on a strega. That thing sounds really cool from videos I've seen.

Somewhat related, its wild to me that a small company like Make Noise can figure out the ancient mystical art of "backordering things" while a company like Sony just shrugs and tells people to hammer F5 all day on the best buy site if you want a PS5.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

800peepee51doodoo posted:

It never ends....

And then there's the Subharmonicon to complete the collection..

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I uh...cant stop spending money :(

https://lunacycle.com/z-1-enduro-ebike/

Now to constantly refresh my inbox.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you’re going to do any trail riding with it def set it up tubeless

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I really just bought it to get out into the back country, if I rode down a mountain bike trail right now I think most of my joints would crumble. Hopefully in the future I'll get into that stuff though.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I've also bought.....more modules.

Super Synthesis SVFs Dual Filter

After Later Audio FILThy Multi-Mode Filter

Dirtywave M8 tracker.

Bought the tracker a bit ago, but that was just preordering. It's not shippin until at least July, so I got it as an early late birthday present. Perfect circuits is havin a sale, and I need more filters, so got a couple more filters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I hope you all make purdy boops.