Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This stupid podcast got me out here eating Arby's for lunch (it was gud)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

This stupid podcast got me out here eating Arby's for lunch (it was gud)

I'm so mad that up here in the Bay Area of California...Arby's is almost extinct. One bad one left. I grew up in Southern California loving Arby's, and I haven't had since back then, way before they had their recent innovation to make anything besides just roastbeef sandwiches.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 24, 2022

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Arby's is the closest/most accessible fast food place to my apartment but it's usually a Bad Arby's (Mostly because it seems the franchisee keeps it understaffed, so there will be like three people behind the counter trying to do everything and orders take forever.) I didn't know they'd finally added online ordering until Wiger mentioned it a few weeks back, so I gave it a shot. Pulled up to the drive thru, said "Mobile order" and I had it in under 30 seconds. Might be a regular destination for me now.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i used to live near an Arby's that routed the drive thru lane directly into incoming traffic, it ruled

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I wanna try that Arby’s fish sandwich.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Cloks posted:

i used to live near an Arby's that routed the drive thru lane directly into incoming traffic, it ruled

There’s a nearby Chick-Fil-a with a tiny parking lot poorly situated so drive thru traffic regularly backs up on a road by a freeway which the city isn’t a fan of. I eventually went there to see what the fuss was about and my chicken sandwich was ok. Very clean inside.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
There’s an Arby’s in the next town over that open till 3am, god bless them. I clock out at midnight and it only adds ten minutes to my drive home.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

mlmp08 posted:

I wanna try that Arby’s fish sandwich.

I gotta say, I've never had Arby's, or any fast-food fish sandwich, but this one's got me curious.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There’s a nearby Chick-Fil-a with a tiny parking lot poorly situated so drive thru traffic regularly backs up on a road by a freeway which the city isn’t a fan of. I eventually went there to see what the fuss was about and my chicken sandwich was ok. Very clean inside.

yeah, turns out designing buildings to be car accessible and placing them in dense urban areas was a bad idea

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Cloks posted:

What does this mean? Surely you don’t mean some one lane road in the opposite direction ran straight into the drive thru exit?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Not even Pusha T can get me to try this Arby’s fish bullshit

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

0konner posted:

What does this mean? Surely you don’t mean some one lane road in the opposite direction ran straight into the drive thru exit?

that's exactly what i mean

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

drive thru is blue, incoming traffic is red

edit: what this picture doesn't capture is the fact that that drive thru has zero visibility because there's a steep level difference between arbys and the street

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I know there are way bigger problems but that is setting off the "failed state" alarm big time

like shouldn't it be someone's job to forbid that?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Cloks posted:

drive thru is blue, incoming traffic is red

edit: what this picture doesn't capture is the fact that that drive thru has zero visibility because there's a steep level difference between arbys and the street

Lol dang that is terrible design.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
is Mookie's Luigi bit on this week's show the funniest thing I've ever heard? It's possible.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Why do we let Susser dictate the rules. This is a travesty.

Also the Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich isn't that good.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Also the Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich isn't that good.

I’ve always liked it and have some nostalgic feelings for it but they way overhype it.

Anyway the episode was very gud. Really enjoyed how there was a fundamental disagreement between Mitch and Wiger about what the tournament was even about this time.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rust and Cassidy are only challenged by Hayes and Sean in terms of ridiculous/silly laughs per episode. they should be on every 8-10 weeks

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

mennoknight posted:

is Mookie's Luigi bit on this week's show the funniest thing I've ever heard? It's possible.
My favorite part was when Paul said right in the middle, "This is really funny, Mookie!"

I'm not being ironic, I laughed hard at that.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

nick is such a loving baby lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they really need to drop munch madness at this point, the themes are no longer coherent and they complain about how much they have to eat multiple times per episode for the whole month. I just feel bad for them. also it means more detailed food talk which is by far the worst part of the show since they do not have the vocabulary to discuss anything culinary

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Hey man all you gotta know is if it’s gud or not

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

indigi posted:

they really need to drop munch madness at this point, the themes are no longer coherent and they complain about how much they have to eat multiple times per episode for the whole month. I just feel bad for them. also it means more detailed food talk which is by far the worst part of the show since they do not have the vocabulary to discuss anything culinary

The fact that Munch Madness is such a poo poo show is the gag. The more they suffer the better the gag is.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is the second time nick has pouted his way into a voted down restaurant being re-entered in the tournament, right

indigi posted:

they could do half or quarter sandwiches and give the rest to a homeless person. there's so many ways to do the podcast where they aren't actively grinding off years of their lives

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Apr 1, 2022

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Your solution is Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell to go around the streets of LA, handing out half-eaten sandwiches. Or would they get one of their production assistants to do it?

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

R. Guyovich posted:

they could do half or quarter sandwiches and give the rest to a homeless person. there's so many ways to do the podcast where they aren't actively grinding off years of their lives

Meanwhile mitch is out there ordering tubs of mac and cheese when sides are on the sideline and multiple subs when they are doing sides only reviews.

It's tremendous content.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

turtleface posted:

Meanwhile mitch is out there ordering tubs of mac and cheese when sides are on the sideline and multiple subs when they are doing sides only reviews.

It's tremendous content.

Yeah and soups and chips and poo poo and footlong sandwiches when smaller ones are available lol. He’s a pro

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s gotta be tempting to go wild when everything is a business expense

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Squishy posted:

Your solution is Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell to go around the streets of LA, handing out half-eaten sandwiches. Or would they get one of their production assistants to do it?

there are these things called knives

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

R. Guyovich posted:

Now you want them to stab the homeless!?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R. Guyovich posted:

The knives are handing the sandwiches to the homeless?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
🎵 🎶 suckin' on a dog like you're suckin' on a titty

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Swappin’ dog bites with a girl,

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, the whole "adding extra rules to make the competition worse" bit is useless. I was a fan when Nick would end every Susser appearance by asking him questions about Sonic the Hedgehog but now I feel it's time the bit was retired

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Susser is a fuckin' dud.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Wiger mentioning playing Vagrant Story by himself as one of his best memories; a man of culture.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

Wiger mentioning playing Vagrant Story by himself as one of his best memories; a man of culture.

One of my favorite Wiger stories was him only being allowed to play final fantasy until his dad woke up from his nap and his dad set an alarm for like one hour and Wiger kept adjusting it forward until his dad woke up and saw it had been something like four hours and Wiger got in trouble

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Stern daddy made me laugh. A-hem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I know I'm a few days late, but this week's Get Played was great. Heather Anne Campbell is a goddam delight.