Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/11/the-shadows-shift-grab-your-torch-and-plumb-the-depths-below-harrowdeep/

Looks like we're getting an Underpants Harrowdeep reveal of some kind tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I'm crossing my fingers for some rats of the ninja kind.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/12/the-darkness-deepens-answers-await-under-the-lowest-regions-of-harrowdeep/

:effort:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeeeaaaaah, I admit I didn't post that one because I thought there would be more. But I guess not? :shrug:

Even if the tweet made me think of the piss wizards magical realm with its phrasing.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeeeaaaaah, I admit I didn't post that one because I thought there would be more. But I guess not? :shrug:

Even if the tweet made me think of the piss wizards magical realm with its phrasing.

I’m guessing there’ll be an article per day in a misguided attempt at building hype and then model reveal on Friday or Monday

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I know they need to release content daily but teasing a reveal that is just another teaser is pretty lame. At least give us a rumor engine-style pic to create some buzz or something.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I know they need to release content daily but teasing a reveal that is just another teaser is pretty lame. At least give us a rumor engine-style pic to create some buzz or something.

yeah, they seem to have a 4-5 articles per day mandate and they'll reach it come hell or high water.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
In that case they should post more awesomely painted minis from instagram

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Ristolaz posted:

In that case they should post more awesomely painted minis from instagram

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Army is ready to go for Sydney GT next weekend - with nearly 25% of the field being SCE I fully expect to be shot off in 2-3 turns, but should be good fun regardless.

Feels weird not to be last minute rush painting before an event though:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Army is ready to go for Sydney GT next weekend - with nearly 25% of the field being SCE I fully expect to be shot off in 2-3 turns, but should be good fun regardless.

Feels weird not to be last minute rush painting before an event though:

that board is exquisite, great job

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

yeah, they seem to have a 4-5 articles per day mandate and they'll reach it come hell or high water.

Speaking of which:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/13/the-labyrinth-calls-the-maze-morphs-around-you-a-presence-is-felt/

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I hope we get to see some miniatures at the end...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Okay, hang on, shadow daemons from the moon?

Can we get more about that?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well moon wizards have to fight something don't they?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Mors Rattus posted:

Okay, hang on, shadow daemons from the moon?

Can we get more about that?

We don't know much about them. They live on Ulgu and come from it's moon of Dhareoth and Morathi hangs out with them. When she first got there they sheilded her and she was making some sort of pact with them when Malerion found her. Besides that I don't think we know much more a out them.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

This is probably my biggest beef with aos lore. There is this throwaway line or paragraph that makes me go "Wait come back here and explain yourself"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Covermeinsunshine posted:

This is probably my biggest beef with aos lore. There is this throwaway line or paragraph that makes me go "Wait come back here and explain yourself"

While that's partially a beef I have, at the same time, it's kind of nice having a fresh new setting where new stuff pops up all the time in the lore, unlike 40k or WHF, where it was around so long that not only did everything have an explanation, but about a quarter of those had more explanations that contradicted the old explanation. Kind of nice having things like "Oh, by the way, there are Moon demons. They just kinda hung out for awhile watching everything else go on."

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Sure but I want to know more about moon demons, silent/ashen people, flying cities populated by machines and so on. Feed me GW/Cublicle 7

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
We're demons on the moon,
We carry a harpoon,
But there ain't no whales,
So we tell tall tales,
And sing our demon tune!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sure but I want to know more about moon demons, silent/ashen people, flying cities populated by machines and so on. Feed me GW/Cublicle 7

Yeah this

like, Kharadron have robots

they're called gholems

some of them can pass for sentient

i want to know much more about them

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Not sure if robots and sentient rhyme but I approve of the attempts at poetry

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
55 new subfactions, 10 new archetypes in Champions of Order
4 new races, 15 new subfactions, 20 new archetypes in Champions of Death
5 new races, 23 new subfactions, 23 new archetypes in Champions of Destruction

I'm curious as to how they're going to do the Chaos book.
You have beastmen, skaven, chaos warriors and four flavors of demon. I guess the lazy but doable option would just to have a generic demon statblock and generic Chaos Warrior statblock. Then you could just add four different templates for each chaos god.

Skaven would probably have Grey Seer for sure, and then something from each major clan, a clawlord, Warlock Engineer, some kind of ninja, a plague priest.

Beastmen could probably get by with a Minotaur, A brey-shaman and a gor or something. It's hard to say.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

55 new subfactions, 10 new archetypes in Champions of Order
4 new races, 15 new subfactions, 20 new archetypes in Champions of Death
5 new races, 23 new subfactions, 23 new archetypes in Champions of Destruction

I'm curious as to how they're going to do the Chaos book.
You have beastmen, skaven, chaos warriors and four flavors of demon. I guess the lazy but doable option would just to have a generic demon statblock and generic Chaos Warrior statblock. Then you could just add four different templates for each chaos god.

Skaven would probably have Grey Seer for sure, and then something from each major clan, a clawlord, Warlock Engineer, some kind of ninja, a plague priest.

Beastmen could probably get by with a Minotaur, A brey-shaman and a gor or something. It's hard to say.

I would probably go

Slaves to Darkness: Chaos Warrior, Chaos Sorcerer, Darkoath Leader, Chaos Knight.
Beasts of Chaos: Bestigor, Bray-Shaman, Doombull, Dragon Ogor.
Skaven: Stormvermin, Gutter Runner, Warlock Engineer, Plague Priest, Packmaster, Grey Seer.
Khorne: Slaughterpriest, Deathbringer, Herald of Khorne.
Tzeentch: Magister, Tzaangor Elite, Herald of Tzeentch.
Nurgle: Blightking, Rotbringer Sorcerer, Herald of Nurgle.
Slaanesh: Painbringer/Twinsoul, Shardspeaker, Herald of Slaanesh.

Speaking of Soulbound a new thing was just came out a supplement for featuring the Grund in game, with details on the Crew and all the stuff the ship can do to help the party. https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/343865/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-the-grund-operations-manual

A new book was also announced.

C7 posted:

NEW! Ruins of the Past: Ruins of the Past explores ancient and lost locations in the Mortal Realms, and provides GMs with ready-made adventure locations to use in their game. Explore Stormvaults, hidden tombs, lost citadels, and ancient abandoned cities! Ruins of the Past is in pre-production and is expected to release in PDF Q4 2022.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

On, no, don't get me wrong, I want to know more too. I meant it was nice that the setting was still as new as it is so they can put out stuff like moon demons without worrying about contradicting some 25 year old piece of fluff that said that the moons were all barren rocks.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/14/the-portal-yawns-the-heart-of-the-nightmare-is-revealed/

Looks like they are slowly moving towards something of a reveal tomorrow.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Happy easter

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Winklebottom posted:

Happy easter

Rats!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I hope Skaven get something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
A new rat ogre box would be fantastic. Those poor models are either ancient or the rare Isle of Blood sculpts.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A large portion of the Skaven range desperately needs updating.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

The reveal seems to be Underworlds related so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a range refresh

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I'm hoping that the new skave rules in the summer are true, skaven are badly in need of not insane rules to make the faction more functional. I'm guessing new acolytes and ogors for model updates.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Winklebottom posted:

The reveal seems to be Underworlds related so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a range refresh

I wasn't thinking a range refresh, just hoping for something. Drop of water in a desert sort of thing.

I still think a clan Skryre Underworlds warband would be great, or a Packmaster with giant rats, wolfrats, a rogre, whatever

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 14, 2022

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Yeah, I doubt GW is going to pull the curtains back to reveal a new all-plastic, all incredible Skaven range. A few new models here and there would be greatly appreciated though. Thinking Underworlds and the images seen, a few Rat Ogres and basic Eshin infantry re-sculpt would be a great win.

Even just a Balance Pass to make a few more units always have the Battleline keyword would do a lot for that ancient book. Still, all things in due time.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
The clanrat/stormvermin tax sucks if you want to run anything outside of a very narrow skaven list. Clanrats are okay when you can run a 60 block but they can't kill anything and the damage meta is so high they're lucky to live 2 rounds. Stormvermin coming in a box of 20 but being 10/30 makes it cheap for budget but worthless in most games.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It seems like GW sometimes uses the Underworlds bands as a dry run for potential new units or refreshes, so it's not necessarily a sign that Skaven won't get anything later down the line. If the rumors are true the Ossiarchs are getting two new units that were from their warband, and for Seraphon it seems like it was an obvious opportunity to show off what the new Chameleons will look like in the future.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
So do Skaven hatch from eggs now?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Of course they do, they are mammals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It seems like GW sometimes uses the Underworlds bands as a dry run for potential new units or refreshes, so it's not necessarily a sign that Skaven won't get anything later down the line. If the rumors are true the Ossiarchs are getting two new units that were from their warband, and for Seraphon it seems like it was an obvious opportunity to show off what the new Chameleons will look like in the future.

Still waiting for those Ossiarch archers...