Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

San Fran chronicle is doing what the Dems won’t and pointing out Feinstein is gone.

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/status/1514561071134162945?s=21&t=hcJBHtknOXvw4bKmydZL3A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Now” is doing a lot of work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yellowD posted:

A Trmp / Adams ticket would be unstoppable

swagger levels off the chart

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

FizFashizzle posted:

San Fran chronicle is doing what the Dems won’t and pointing out Feinstein is gone.

https://twitter.com/mollyjongfast/status/1514561071134162945?s=21&t=hcJBHtknOXvw4bKmydZL3A

quote:

When a California Democrat in Congress recently engaged in an extended conversation with Sen. Dianne Feinstein, they prepared for a rigorous policy discussion like those they’d had with her many times over the last 15 years.

Instead, the lawmaker said, they had to reintroduce themselves to Feinstein multiple times during an interaction that lasted several hours.

Rather than delve into policy, Feinstein, 88, repeated the same small-talk questions, like asking the lawmaker what mattered to voters in their district, they said, with no apparent recognition the two had already had a similar conversation.

The episode was so unnerving that the lawmaker — who spoke to The Chronicle on condition they not be identified because of the sensitivity of the topic — began raising concerns with colleagues to see if some kind of intervention to persuade Feinstein to retire was possible. Feinstein’s term runs through the end of 2024. The conversation occurred several weeks before the death of her husband in February.

“I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in charge, on top of the details, basically couldn’t resist a conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea. All of that is gone,” the lawmaker said. “She was an intellectual and political force not that long ago, and that’s why my encounter with her was so jarring. Because there was just no trace of that.”

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

we love our ruling class of demented ghasts and ghouls

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
look, Dianne Feinstein might not be able to form a coherent sentence but she's still a Senator. you gotta vote blue.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Uh oh, she can't sign the deposit slips anymore.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I would like a weekly show, right now, of the Veep meets Weekend at Bernie’s shenanigans going on in that office.

This is the price of my vote for democrats in 22. i will not vote for democrats in 22 or ever again.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
speaking of the gerontocracy

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

classic stutter

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

the best part is where they say it’s super unfair to Feinstein because of all the senile and incompetent men they’ve also kept around in the legislature for way too long

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i am harry posted:

what the gently caress does this even mean you loving bastards, other than "blah blah here's some words but ultimately to hell with everyone in america"

it means that hospitals and insurance companies should be required to fill out the proper paperwork before they charge you $30,000 for a trip to the ER and saddle you with crushing debt for the rest of your life

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

it means that hospitals and insurance companies should be required to fill out the proper paperwork before they charge you $30,000 for a trip to the ER and saddle you with crushing debt for the rest of your life

despite Biden’s efforts to the contrary, debts can still be discharged in bankruptcy

student loans is in the same category as court ordered fines as stuff you can’t discharge. (you can in theory, but really you can’t)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Hot take: Biden's doing this all on purpose and there's no grand design to it he just think it's funny.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

most powerful man in the world lmao

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

hobbesmaster posted:

despite Biden’s efforts to the contrary, debts can still be discharged in bankruptcy

student loans is in the same category as court ordered fines as stuff you can’t discharge. (you can in theory, but really you can’t)

my understanding is that they garnish your wages for student loan debt

because if you don't pay your mortgage they can take your house, or if you dont pay your car note they can repo your car

but if you don't pay your students loan they cant slice into your brain and extract the 4 years of knowledge you learned to get your sociology degree....not yet anyway

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you can garnish wages with a court order for any debt. also, handing over a car or house does not necessarily clear you of the debt, that is state by state (called “recourse”)

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Wonder if the capital has that same piss and despair smell that permeates the average nursing home

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
It seems strange I don't ever see dems in office like actively cultivating a successor, is the worry competition? Like their pick will get impatient ?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gotta keep Feinstein around so the president is only like the third biggest old mushbrain in the party

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

It seems strange I don't ever see dems in office like actively cultivating a successor, is the worry competition? Like their pick will get impatient ?

Nobody wants to wait 40 years for a promotion

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

wasn't there a few articles about this last year? Or was that a few years ago?

I feel like if there are annual "Yo this person's senile" articles about you, it's probably because they're jealous of you

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

pffff cmon

https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1514611873185878017

https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1514620366160908290

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

My favorite dotard.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

weird how everyone thinks there's the elected part of government and a shadow government that is 100% unaccountable to the people

oh well, have no idea how that idea came up

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Business Gorillas posted:

weird how everyone thinks there's the elected part of government and a shadow government that is 100% unaccountable to the people

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Business Gorillas posted:

Bezos Post democracy is dying moment

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Isentropy posted:

Pat Wyman noted that Rome didn't crumble all at once: just that things broke, and no one fixed them. Sound familiar?

techno cyberpunk feudalism is going to own

how funny will it be when a descendant of Joel Osteen crowns a descendent of Donald Trump the first Emperor of the Holy American Empire at a strip mall megachurch in Plano, Texas

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1514614192032006161

lmao what in the world

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

O'Donnell is himself 70 :ssh:

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Democrats love to call Trump a cheeto without realizing most of his base loves cheetos.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

they grift until they die and then what comes afterward doesn't matter.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Nastier Nate posted:

my understanding is that they garnish your wages for student loan debt

because if you don't pay your mortgage they can take your house, or if you dont pay your car note they can repo your car

but if you don't pay your students loan they cant slice into your brain and extract the 4 years of knowledge you learned to get your sociology degree....not yet anyway

vital knowledge as a subscription service

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

he just means first term senators but thinks it has to do with age. the minimum age for the senate is 30!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

honestly what does a replacement for Feinstein do that Feinstein isn’t still capable of doing herself? all those policy decisions are already made by her big donors and lobbyists so it’s not like she’s dropping the ball on anything as far as votes go

judging by the age of the senate, our oligarchs would obviously prefer a bunch of mushheads in office

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

replace the senate with kittens, possums, squirrels, hedgehogs etc. and let their staff funnel them into cute little voting pens at the end of votes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
idk i think there could be some senate lols with katie porter but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

THS2 posted:

replace the senate with kittens, possums, squirrels, hedgehogs etc. and let their staff funnel them into cute little voting pens at the end of votes

some sort of animal farm? I like it.