Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Makes sense. Laughter is the sounds of the gears in your mind being ground smooth. Resolving contradictions by not caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Soap Scum posted:

oh covid is up 500% this month, time to go to a loving bar lol

Looks like's we're hitting the peak! Is this the end of the pandemic?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Soap Scum posted:

500% of 0 is 0, OP! *taps head*

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:crackping:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

if you didn’t read the article earlier that mentioned the black woman who got covid and then watched her 13 year old hospitalized son die live on a video chat from covid, now you know.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

wtf is "covid"?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Taco Duck posted:

wtf is "covid"?

It’s over.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Tulip posted:

Trixie your dedication to making the OP an actual functional one-stop-shop for pandemic utility is incredible
:sickos:

Real Mean Queen posted:

I wish there were some way to get people to know what I know that didn't involve busting through a thousand layers of weird defense mechanisms and standard issue catchphrases. Everything everyone thinks is wrong, and you can't tell them that without them getting mad. It sucks.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Looks like's we're hitting the peak! Is this the end of the pandemic?

cases are up 5x but hospitalizations are only up 2x right now, so, it's totally fine,

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Soap Scum posted:

oh covid is up 500% this month, time to go to a loving barApplebee's lol

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

legit cackled irl at this :crackping:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bar Crow posted:

Makes sense. Laughter is the sounds of the gears in your mind being ground smooth. Resolving contradictions by not caring.

heck yeah :coolfish:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
A friend of mine, who had COVID over the holidays, got exposed at work. A pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester came to work sick and later tested positive. She attended several meetings in-person and unmasked because the company has tried to enforce a “COVID is over” feeling at work.

The same company, t-mobile, has now upped the mandatory days in the office. Everyone is at 3 days mandatory now and directors and above are at 4 days. Just an evil sociopathic CEO who, apparently, was monitoring badge-in data to see who was coming in and how frequently.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Tulip posted:

Trixie your dedication to making the OP an actual functional one-stop-shop for pandemic utility is incredible

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Soap Scum posted:

cases are up 5x but hospitalizations are only up 2x right now, so, it's totally fine,

WHERE ARE THE DEATHS?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I ask because the Blood God isn't going to feed themself

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

A friend of mine, who had COVID over the holidays, got exposed at work. A pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester came to work sick and later tested positive. She attended several meetings in-person and unmasked because the company has tried to enforce a “COVID is over” feeling at work.

The same company, t-mobile, has now upped the mandatory days in the office. Everyone is at 3 days mandatory now and directors and above are at 4 days. Just an evil sociopathic CEO who, apparently, was monitoring badge-in data to see who was coming in and how frequently.

thanks for the update is there a not completely stinking cellphone provider?

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

WHERE ARE THE DEATHS?

the deaths start when covid is over, which is when cases go down, so no one dies from covid after that

that's some BA, that BA2.2

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

the comedian from the hit tv show Titus?

yeah, it's not really my bag but mr. not_superiority enjoys his current youtube show

call_of_qthulhu has issued a correction as of 05:39 on Apr 15, 2022

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Shiroc I made a silly thing for you.

but for real, cute gay pandemic manga when tho??
:3:

Paladin posted:

"My Secure Click Senpai Wants To Build a Corsi-Rosenthal Cube?!?!"
lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

omg :lol: that's perfect

my favorite ever out of context manga panel was a dude pouring liquid into a test tube while an admiring narrator says "he's decanting from such a great height!!" and even though I haven't seen it in years I still remember it and holy poo poo I'm laughing again. I have no idea what the source was
your post reminded me of it and i found it and i'm having a nice lol about it now

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

not_superiority posted:

he shaved it all off and is now secure clique

he also said his coworker won't talk to him unless he does a Tom Hardy as Bane impression which kind of rules
:getin:
this or darth vadar drops are the best compliments you can get while secure clicking

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Palladium posted:

Lib believing in omnipotent CCP censorship: "how do these videos allowed to get out?"
https://twitter.com/Flamethrowaah/status/1514796945595777028
lol

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Tulip posted:

cool thanks, "cute and charming" is kind of what I want from my fiction lately

I have some more serious politics books on my shelf to read for months but every time it comes to pick my next book, Marxism has not been winning out over gay romance.

Now, if it turns out there is a manga version of Marx that has Marx and Engels kiss at the end after heated dialectic debate--

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

it really really is. thanks for your efforts, Trixie! :buddy:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Too Many Birds posted:

update:

my sister had blood clots in both her lungs, had to get a procedure done, apparently is doing better now but still under watch.

brother got his gallbladder removed. seems to be recovering fine.

reading thru the twitter thread in the OP about how covid can cause these kinds of issues months after infection and how my siblings had covid-esqe symptoms a few months ago.

crack ping.

Too Many Birds posted:

my parents both caught it two weeks ago. can't wait to see what happens with them 30-90 days from now.

this is never going to end.
god drat and :same: my mom popped positive a week ago or so, she probably has 5+ comorbidities, so this is a good thing from Walensky's perspective

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Soap Scum posted:

Glumwheels posted:

a bar, an applebees, an office, just lmao at it all

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Wasn't the T-Mobile CEO one of the ones who tried to pretend he was a different, progressive kind of CEO?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
T-Mobile cell cope

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

okay, which one of you is this

https://twitter.com/LeanaKnows/status/1514482830897672194?t=cy3ZlMs1-WbE-gIMfooUKg&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a leftist shitposting account, so I give it a survival estimate of four days.

Here’s the banner image, for posterity:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Tzen posted:

a bar, an applebees, an office, just lmao at it all

The kicker is it’s against policy to come to work sick and no one, including their shared boss, said or did anything. Also lmfao off at American corporate culture, convincing a pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester she has to work in the office during a pandemic and while she’s sick (before she knew she had COVID).

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

was at the pharmacy today
the 'free n95 masks' table was out
had a box on it
last time i encountered this, it was some garbage 3M 8110s that are just too small and worthless, so i don't have my hopes up
glance in to see 3M Aura 9210s
went to my car, emptied my backpack, went back in and seized as many masks as my bag could fit
came away with 56 masks
my aura stock at home was at 35, and i was planning on ordering more next month, lmao looks like i don't have to now :getin:

afterwards

total harvest

bonus lol was all the maskless people looking at this dude in a secure click loading up a backpack full of masks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1512155766618218502

Oh, word?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My mother messaged me to say she's actually wearing the Auras I sent her. I should have asked for pics but I'll choose to believe she's actually trying.

My father however, with a red-grey beard so giant he's had Jewish strangers come up to him calling him Rabbi and asking where the nearest Temple is, probably is not.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
now that we've reached "endemic means it will still kill lots of people" i have to wonder what the next phrase that pays is

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol

https://twitter.com/LeanaKnows/status/1514486609214783488?s=20&t=J567Ye20iGIWigqSu0nfiw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

"we are still in the acute phase of the pandemic"
lmao

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It actually is pretty important to know what kind of fire you're dealing with though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Tzen posted:

was at the pharmacy today
the 'free n95 masks' table was out
had a box on it

Oh poo poo they got restocked? I thought it was over last month.

https://www.walgreens.com/images/adaptive/pdf/covid/mask_stores.pdf

I had broke down and put in an order for a case of 9210+ today, but they said it would be at least 4 weeks. Gonna hit one of these walgreens tomorrow.