Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can i hire someone to deep clean my inventories and glam chest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You're just gonna fill it with crap again

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Super No Vacancy posted:

can i hire someone to deep clean my inventories and glam chest

I had to bite the bullet and get a third retainer because six expacs worth of hoarding wasn't going anywhere and both retainers and my chocobo saddle have been full for all of Stormblood release through Endwalker.

I deleted equipment piece by piece as I got more and gently caress that was a hassle

hazardousmouse posted:

You're just gonna fill it with crap again

Yes, yes!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 15, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

New raid: We had a 2-1 add split on the last boss, and we split 8-16, and it didn't balance. It was easy to tell because my party was the 8, the others were the 16, and my ui is colour coded so it was obvious. Either someone was bouncing back and forth off my camera, or it doesn't quite add up perfectly based solely on party numbers.

I watched a bit closer last night and their weight is equal to how many people they tethered, which seems mostly random. There's also a bit of wiggle room, you don't have to be perfect 1:1

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really hope Sharlayan housing is planned for the future. This place is just so lovely and the music is so relaxing, especially at night. The enviornment is pretty and it can snow. I would LOVE to have a house in Sharlayan. I mean I'd love to have a house in general and I'm gonna be putting in a lotto entry later but I'd especially love a Sharlayan district

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

TheWorldsaStage posted:

You cannot talk to Momodi on NG+, I know that, and she has dialogue after every little arc in the game. Like it ends up being a shitton of character for her, her reactions to poo poo etc :(

I imagine the other city mentors are the same and it sucks. NG+ Is almost perfect.

E: this is interesting. With the amount of followers Zep has its a decent sample size really

https://twitter.com/Xepla/status/1514971881442578433?t=EQVUR_VRc899-AjlyFHGhA&s=19

Saving you a click, yes and very yes outnumber no by a lot at this point in time

What are the results? Or how do i view them?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's hosed up I can't buy any flowers from this NPC

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CJ posted:

What are the results? Or how do i view them?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Macaluso posted:

It's hosed up I can't buy any flowers from this NPC

They're already sold, she's just waiting for the customer to pick them up!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

lol

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
Probably the best recourse would be to have a "set default portraits" as an option. PSO2 had a "disable symbol arts" option and it was used a lot because people would post all sorts of NSFW stuff with their symbol arts function; something similar would work in FFXIV.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

AncientSpark posted:

Probably the best recourse would be to have a "set default portraits" as an option. PSO2 had a "disable symbol arts" option and it was used a lot because people would post all sorts of NSFW stuff with their symbol arts function; something similar would work in FFXIV.

I think that's a reasonable option if it gets out of hand, but my own experience, at least, has put truly objectionable stuff in the vanishing minority to a degree that can be dealt with by player reports and GM actions.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I can't speak for the portraits that make it look like you're sucking dick or whatever but like if the game didn't want you showing your catgirl's butt in the 2B bottoms to people they wouldn't have given you catgirl butts to put 2B bottoms on. I feel like considering I can go into any random dungeon queue and see someone's roe succubus dominatrix cosplay named Steponmi Please I think we can also handle the fact someone's cat rear end is in a screenshot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

IcePhoenix posted:

username/post combo

look there's a reason I used the Limsa background ok

Oh, then you did a bad job of conveying what you wanted because entire discord channels interpreted it pretty much the same as me.

The name colors the interpretation pretty heavily.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 15, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wish they chose a better default stance, like a side angle or something. The forward facing is kinda dopey, except for Hrothgars.

The default stance made me realize Hrothgar faces are kinda adorable.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I find these concerns about player cards silly when we've been having adverts for brothels and strip clubs every night since PF was implemented.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
Oh, for sure, I don't think it's a problem most of the time. It's just a relatively easy fix and I think there's dev options to help people who don't like it, without giving headaches for moderation or the rest of the playerbase. Vs glamors normally which...don't have as good of options.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Goons continue to be stubbornly weird in their opinions I see.

The horny pics don't particularly bother me but it's not hard to see how they would bother someone else for a large variety of reasons.

Some of y'all need to practice learning a little bit of empathy.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

AncientSpark posted:

this would be frustrating because a lot of player portraits are cool and fun, it's really just the nsfw/miming sex act stuff that's got to go and as people have said they're really rare.

*edit*^^^ a lot of people want to invoke the spirit of Sex Positivity put forget that an important part of that is boundaries and consent

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
They added fancy weapon draw and weapon sheathe animations as emotes (100k MGP each at the Gold Saucer) but does anyone know if there's a way to make a macro where I use /draw if my weapon is sheathed and /sheathe if it's drawn?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
With few exceptions, there's no real way to make conditional paths in a macro.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HackensackBackpack posted:

They added fancy weapon draw and weapon sheathe animations as emotes (100k MGP each at the Gold Saucer) but does anyone know if there's a way to make a macro where I use /draw if my weapon is sheathed and /sheathe if it's drawn?

Sadly, no. There's no real way to add conditional statements to macros; you can set up individual copyable hotbars as separate "states" and then have two buttons that swap between the states (which is how I have a button to toggle player names on/off for things like Bozja or patch days), but that's the extent of branching you can do.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

YES bread posted:

this would be frustrating because a lot of player portraits are cool and fun, it's really just the nsfw/miming sex act stuff that's got to go and as people have said they're really rare.

*edit*^^^ a lot of people want to invoke the spirit of Sex Positivity put forget that an important part of that is boundaries and consent

This is why I said it's best as an option, not really by default. Leave it up to the people who are bothered by it, without necessarily affecting other people.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think it depends on how consistently gross people get with it, whether it turns into opt in or opt out

My standard metric is "if I'd be embarrassed being asked to explain why something is on my screen" then I don't really want it there, even if I'd get a laugh

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Vermain posted:

I think that's a reasonable option if it gets out of hand, but my own experience, at least, has put truly objectionable stuff in the vanishing minority to a degree that can be dealt with by player reports and GM actions.

All I want is that when someone gets taken to GM jail for lewd portraits, that the jail be lit up in pink with a disco ball in it so they can serve their time in a proper horny jail.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I don't think anyone's FFXIV experience will be hurt by having the option to turn custom portraits off globally, and I think GMs should investigate reports on particularly offensive portraits. I say this as someone who laughed at the guy jacking off

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Macaluso posted:

I really hope Sharlayan housing is planned for the future. This place is just so lovely and the music is so relaxing, especially at night. The enviornment is pretty and it can snow. I would LOVE to have a house in Sharlayan. I mean I'd love to have a house in general and I'm gonna be putting in a lotto entry later but I'd especially love a Sharlayan district

Sharlayan housing would be about the only thing that could get me to move, assuming the plots weren't laid out in a dogshit manner like ishgards.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Sharlayan housing would probably require a scanned copy of a doctoral thesis to access.
(Master's thesis for apartments).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

Sharlayan housing would be about the only thing that could get me to move, assuming the plots weren't laid out in a dogshit manner like ishgards.

I agree about the plot layouts. I'm still gonna put in an entry for an Ishgard house but the caslte is essentially this big cliff that overlooks the mountains and such, why do so many houses not face that direction? There's one part in the ward where there's two small plots that are so close to each other and both of them face each other. And when I say close I mean that you could probably do an unmounted jump from one gate to the other. There's another spot that isn't neccessarly in a bad spot but it's facing a wall.

I know this isn't a problem that's unique to Isghard but it just kind of feels like a weird choice

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Broke: Sharlayan housing

Woke: Moon housing

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I feel like every housing zone has to have a few poo poo plots to make the good ones all the more desirable.

Also, Old Sharlayan has an NPC standing around what looks like a gate to a housing area, gloating over how she scored herself a house, and oh, she very much earned it, it wasn't at all about luck, no no. I can see them putting housing there sometime in the future, though yes I want Crystarium housing and moon housing, too. I cannot be pleased. I am ravenous for more nice things.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

Dancer sucks, trust me.

dancer is good actually

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Wow, 150 posts since I went to bed I wonder what--

:yikes:

YES bread posted:

It's this you weirdos.

FeatherFloat posted:

I feel like every housing zone has to have a few poo poo plots to make the good ones all the more desirable.

Also, Old Sharlayan has an NPC standing around what looks like a gate to a housing area, gloating over how she scored herself a house, and oh, she very much earned it, it wasn't at all about luck, no no. I can see them putting housing there sometime in the future, though yes I want Crystarium housing and moon housing, too. I cannot be pleased. I am ravenous for more nice things.

Moon base when???

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh, then you did a bad job of conveying what you wanted because entire discord channels interpreted it pretty much the same as me.

The name colors the interpretation pretty heavily.

Entire discord channels you say?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd kind of want Garlean hosing - or at least, something akin to it. Gimme cool tech town housing.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Garlean restoration is going to have to happen first

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Doesn't the moon fulfill tech town vibes?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

the role capstone quests seem to be a pretty definitive statement that they’re not gonna do this

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
They're gonna kill 2 birds with one stone by putting Garlean housing on the moon, which also neatly sidesteps the issue of the continued existence of the ruined city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hazardousmouse posted:

We can live in the devastation.