Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I've been playing timberborn and I can solve this issue with enough dynamite.

Edit: I can solve most problems with enough dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

uber_stoat posted:

it's the blue coloration as much as it is the tarp. try your poo poo with a red tarp, see what it gets you.

Tarps aren't actually blue, it's the reflection of the sky

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

silicone thrills posted:

lol below freezing in seattle the latest in april i've ever experienced. what. tha. gently caress.

Portland got their first mid-April snow since 1903!

Bishyaler posted:

Yes, but until recently it didn't cause everything in town except hospitals to shut down for 3 days straight. We just got 75% of our yearly average snowfall in 24 hrs.

Probably not good!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

actually, probably fine. it's weather, it varies :)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
My mistake I forgot it's ~*~springtime~*~

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I’m sure the PNW will get more heat laser doming this summer to balance out the unseasonably late snowfall

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

bi crimes posted:

I’m sure the PNW will get more heat laser doming this summer to balance out the unseasonably late snowfall

no it'll be fine because the terrifying hell-sleet was brief and the midday black skies have broken through to blinding sunshine and all the birds are screaming because they do not and cannot understand and it's okay

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

three days in a row of snow in april in pnw more snow than most of the winters

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

irpoweroutlet posted:

yeah, but going from low 80’s to below freezing in less than 24 hrs loving sucks

Bishyaler posted:

Yes, but until recently it didn't cause everything in town except hospitals to shut down for 3 days straight. We just got 75% of our yearly average snowfall in 24 hrs.

Here's for Des Moines, IA. Take the high temperature one day, subtract the low temperature the next day, then plot the biggest delta for each year. There is no trend.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It turns out that if you throw away nine‐nine point four percent of the data, climate instability isn’t happening.

Global warming? Excuse me? The world all time high temperature record was set in 1913. :smuggo:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I don't know, as a non-expert that looks like a pretty solid and relevant metric. pablo doesn't seem to be doing any denialism or whatever you're accusing

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m not accusing anyone of denialism. The example is an absurdity that will be readily recognized as such, demonstrating the inadequacy of the approach.

It’s like trying to suss out the effects of leaded gasoline by only looking at the highest scoring kid in each classroom.

Des Moines may or may not be seeing greater day to day extremes, but that methodology will never answer the question.

What you’d want to do is something like plot a histograms of the day to day variations in the 1980s and again for the 2010s and compare.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Apr 15, 2022

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

I’m not accusing anyone of denialism. The example is an absurdity that will be readily recognized as such, demonstrating the inadequacy of the approach.

It’s like trying to suss out the effects of leaded gasoline by only looking at the highest scoring kid in each classroom.

Des Moines may or may not be seeing greater day to day extremes, but that methodology will never answer the question.

What you’d want to do is something like plot a histograms of the day to day variations in the 1980s and again for the 2010s and compare.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

It turns out that if you throw away nine‐nine point four percent of the data, climate instability isn’t happening.

Global warming? Excuse me? The world all time high temperature record was set in 1913. :smuggo:

stfu

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well I hope it snows all summer.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

haha thats a funny graph

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Another successful goon project.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cursed

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

More vaginal weather graphs plz

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/naomicaselli/status/973601256609599488

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i see pussies on strings

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
yeah i been daily blasting a lot of violin plots lately if you know what i mean

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strange precipitation

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I dont get it but i think someone just got owned

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Yonic symbolism > phallic symbolism

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

all i see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I can't stop laughing at "daily blast," do not explain what it actually means please

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Daily blasting deez hail stones.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
weatherdammerung 2022: so i started blastin'

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

av/post

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

now do duluth

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

That'd be boring, city gets moderated too much by the massive cold lake it is next to. Des Moines is mid continent with a long record of blasts.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lol ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its called spring cause of that 50 degree bounce

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
jesus christ these idiots

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7086578014686825771

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/azizfaarah/status/1515784404420993031

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I dont get it but i think someone just got owned

iirc SirPablo is a meteorology grad student and everyone else has doompost poisoning

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Mirconium posted:

iirc SirPablo is a meteorology grad student and everyone else has doompost poisoning

sirpablo lives (iirc) somewhere around phoenix or tucson like me, so you gotta ask yourself who is really getting owned here

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Trying to dunk on SirPablo has big “gently caress those nerds at CERN, the LHC is gonna make black holes and kill us all” energy. It’s fun to shitpost about weather, but don’t get high on your own supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

not a big enough tarp to cover up my daily blasts