Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Get your seasonal covid shot"

done, there's the messaging

loving feds up in arms about vaccine trutherism and triangulation and sixth dimensional media management

nah

It's the "seasonal covid shot." There's a spring and a fall seasonal shot. Anyone who *would* get them will go get them.

This doesn't have to be hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

anyway I just had my weekly PCR and lol the swab barely went up my nose

I'm continuing to get real loving suspicious that we're not only burying covid counts at a state reporting level, but at the frontline as well

lmao

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Potato Salad posted:

I'm continuing to get real loving suspicious that we're not only burying covid counts at a state reporting level, but at the frontline as well

lmao

it doesn't need to be malicious - if the messaging everywhere is that nobody cares about the job your doing and the results basically go straight in the trash anyway, why bother putting any care into what you're performing?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
GIMME CRUEL GIMME DIRE GIMME TITER I REQUIRE, OOH

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

oh no. how could this happen.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I don't know if they've stopped manufacturing them or if we've lost our connection to buy them, but we can no longer obtain biodegradable bags for food waste. We're instructing customers to just throw that poo poo straight in the un-lined bins, which means our custodians need extra time to wash all of those each day. No idea why we can't line them with regular plastic bags.

Where'd all those headlines about random supply chain fuckups go? This poo poo is still happening.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Toaster Beef posted:

i start full-time WFH on monday. this is potentially my last day ever reporting to an office. still feels bizarre to even think of it.

feels good to be hittin da bricks.

Goongrats

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

lmao

buddy had a PCR yesterday and he said they told him he was negative in like five minutes.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I don't know if this has been posted yet because I'm skipping ahead a few oages but AJ is currently having another twitter space with some other experts and a couple of british hospital people (didn't catch credentials) and they're talking about hospital practices and filtration.

FunkyFjord has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Apr 15, 2022

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

oh no. how could this happen.

Sick Alleghenys bro

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toaster Beef posted:

i start full-time WFH on monday. this is potentially my last day ever reporting to an office. still feels bizarre to even think of it.

feels good to be hittin da bricks.

i am very glad i dialed back my office exposure back in late november as soon as the info was coming out itt about Omicron 1.0

being a bane masking doomer has some upsides :dance:

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
cnn headline

lol lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

loving feds up in arms about vaccine trutherism and triangulation and sixth dimensional media management

nah

It's the "seasonal covid shot." There's a spring and a fall seasonal shot. Anyone who *would* get them will go get them.

It'll be at least as successful as the seasonal flu shot!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Testvan posted:

cnn headline

lol lmao

The superheroes on the movie screen aren't real and can't be your friends

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

T-Paine posted:

We had some geese as pets when I was young, and one in particular (male gray Chinese goose) was absolutely cool as hell and had different squawks for when he was excited to see us or for when he was alarmed about something. He'd shake his head back and forth in between greeting honks like he was so happy he couldn't contain himself

When I move I am planning to get chickens, and now I'm watching guard goose videos. I love geese I want one to be my friend :3:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

When I move I am planning to get chickens, and now I'm watching guard goose videos. I love geese I want one to be my friend :3:

Get two or three at least, they're very social. Although I guess they could be friends with the chickens?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Testvan posted:

cnn headline

lol lmao

:lmao:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Care to comment, covidailures?

https://twitter.com/AstuteCFO/status/1514729349240750080?t=HO1bPTb-GvI6gA9d0c0RSQ&s=19

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

T-Paine posted:

Get two or three at least, they're very social. Although I guess they could be friends with the chickens?

The video I watched had the gosling raised with the chickens so he seemed OK alone. I'll need to do more research though

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Testvan posted:

cnn headline

lol lmao

Friendship ended with herd immunity, now flock immunity is my new best friend

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

gently caress yeah. we did it!!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lately I’ve been feeling very hopeless and like I should just adopt a Buddhist mindset of detachment. Just go about my life and don’t spend so much mental energy trying to control my risk. I’m really tired of the conflict that arises with the people in my life who want me to do things I don’t want to do. I’m not going to start going to bars and restaurants but I am running out of care energy. The odds are very high that I won’t actually have any kind of negative impact from Covid other than feeling lovely for a few days

im not a troll, and I read every single post made in this thread, though I rarely post and have no avatar so you all probably don’t know me. im just tired

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

huh, i really thought the most recent covid wave would be the last one.

hah, epidemiology really makes fools of us all, doesn't it

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

blue squares posted:

lately I’ve been feeling very hopeless and like I should just adopt a Buddhist mindset of detachment. Just go about my life and don’t spend so much mental energy trying to control my risk. I’m really tired of the conflict that arises with the people in my life who want me to do things I don’t want to do. I’m not going to start going to bars and restaurants but I am running out of care energy. The odds are very high that I won’t actually have any kind of negative impact from Covid other than feeling lovely for a few days

im not a troll, and I read every single post made in this thread, though I rarely post and have no avatar so you all probably don’t know me. im just tired

going to be more tired with cfs

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

blue squares posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Jesus Christ I should've taken the 3x8hr car trips for my toddler trial shots, June for under 5 shots is ridiculous.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

blue squares posted:

that could be fatigue, do you have any other symptoms

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I thought when the mRNA vaccines were rolled out one of the selling points was how fast we'd be able to update them for new variants.

Now Pfizer is like, "some time in the fall" which is basically a full year after Omicron dropped. How is that any faster than influenza's "we'll update based on what we see in the other hemisphere's winter" cycle?

The Pfizer ceo keeps saying that yeah it’s possible but has repeatedly expressed doubts it would be useful or profitable. And really, if they dump a bunch of money into starting production on an Omicron BA era tweaked vaccine now and by June the Sigma variant is outcompeting Omicron and can escape the vaccine then who is going to buy your bitch baby ineffective vaccine? Especially now that the government is no longer paying for it? Pharmaceutical companies aren’t charities.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PerniciousKnid posted:

Jesus Christ I should've taken the 3x8hr car trips for my toddler trial shots, never for under 5 shots is ridiculous.

FTFY

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

^^^ :haibrow:

blue squares posted:

covid's sapped me of any energy to do anything. experiencing fatigue after a nasty virus is completely normal. could just be that! keep hydrated, sleep as much as you can, don't do any hard physical activity in the first ~month after, and get some zone 2 exercise in regularly after you're past the 'am dead' phase.

that said, check out 'the heart of the buddha's teaching' by thich nhat hanh if you're curious. v. accessible.

e: vvvv lol

Insanite has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Apr 15, 2022

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

blue squares posted:

I don’t know how to break this to you but adopting a Buddhist mindset does not result in a reduction of care for others or oneself, that’s not what detachment means. I do think that reading something like “ The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching” or “Peace is Every Step” by Thich Nhat Hanh could really help you work through some of your suffering and exhaustion. I think we probably all know a part of how you’re feeling. I’m sorry you’re running low, the pandemic is a gently caress.

e: book rec jinx

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Don't make me cry now, I'm trying to work.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

yeah, buddhism is def. not "don't care about the virus that is gonna gently caress your or your fellow man's poo poo up." it is one way to frame and deal with the feelings that arise from that reality, tho.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

what's hilarious is that it wouldn't actually cost them all that much loving money. they already essentially create the mRNA sequences whole cloth

the safety studies for 1283 are already satisfactory

there's nothing surprisingly different about 'em

Potato Salad has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Apr 15, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

they're addicted to multibillion subsidies

they need to be shot (with mRNA-1283)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Pfizer then: we refuse to share vax IP with the world in order to protect our future profits

Pfizer now: oh no the virus mutated immune escape before everyone had a chance to get vaccinated making vaccines unprofitable who could have predicted this??

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Potato Salad posted:

nah

the odd thing about it though is that it's not seasonal in the way that the flu vaccine is, where they update the shot for the projected new strains of the flue. it's seasonal because its efficacy just... fades away. They're not actually updating the shot. It's still not designed at all for omicron or any of the post omicron variants!!
edit: well I see people are talking about that already. Yeah.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 20:48 on Apr 15, 2022

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Roommate tested negative! Time to learn how to fuk and/or succ!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Horseshoe theory posted:

So, uh, I was at a funeral and Shiva on Tuesday with an N95 the whole time and it turns out that my cousin and his boyfriend/fiance both pozzed last night (they're both doctors) so I have two questions:

1) How do I do the throat swab?

2) How many days after the exposure is optimal to do the rapid (Binax et al) tests to minimize false negatives, etc.?

Get a PCR test to enter quarantine, rapid test to exit quarantine.

When you do rapid, swab both your nose and throat

5 days. PCR can detect it 1-2 days before a rapid can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I was checking the news and saw that eastbound i90 is closed down near Issaquah due to a fatality accident

https://komonews.com/news/local/driver-dies-after-collision-with-wsdot-trailer-on-i-90 posted:

ISSAQUAH, Wash. — A woman driving on Interstate 90 died after drifting onto the shoulder and striking a Washington State Department of Transportation trailer, according to the Washington State Patrol.

The incident occurred near Issaquah, and there is heavy traffic on westbound I-90 near Front Street.

State patrol said there are no other injuries.

More single car accidents caused by people drifting off the highway, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the airborne alzheimers going around