Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

its entirely plausible that our average 90 year old rulers are suffering from some of the side effects of being old as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

pissinthewind posted:

its entirely plausible that our average 90 year old rulers are suffering from some of the side effects of being old as poo poo

they are also suffering from excessive wealth and unfortunate growths extending upwards from their necks.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

bedpan posted:

the grave

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

i will move to a place without racism.
i will move to denmark, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism
in europe, a continent untroubled by rising right wing fascism

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

pissinthewind posted:

you did an ageism. you did a no growth.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i will move to a place without racism.
i will move to denmark, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism
in europe, a continent untroubled by rising right wing fascism

Hey, I read there was an alternative suggestion to move to Poland, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Nastier Nate posted:

my understanding is that they garnish your wages for student loan debt

because if you don't pay your mortgage they can take your house, or if you dont pay your car note they can repo your car

but if you don't pay your students loan they cant slice into your brain and extract the 4 years of knowledge you learned to get your sociology degree....not yet anyway

The ghost story they use to tell is that a young person could get a college degree, default on the debt, wait the 7-10 years for it to fall off of their credit report, and be 32 years old, debt-free, and have 10 years worth of savings to borrow against. Which sounds like a pretty loving good deal to me.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the best part is where they say it’s super unfair to Feinstein because of all the senile and incompetent men they’ve also kept around in the legislature for way too long

I mean, look at the president. Why go after her and not him. Must be sexist.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

The ghost story they use to tell is that a young person could get a college degree, default on the debt, wait the 7-10 years for it to fall off of their credit report, and be 32 years old, debt-free, and have 10 years worth of savings to borrow against. Which sounds like a pretty loving good deal to me.

sounds awful, someone should protect those poor insanely rich people :(

e: oh good they did. I was so worried!

empty whippet box has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Apr 15, 2022

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thad Cochran was completely gone and had to have his aids tell him how to vote every time. He eventually retired in what I assume was the result of McConnell pulling a gun on him, then he died like 3 months later.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Jabberlock posted:

Hey, I read there was an alternative suggestion to move to Poland, a nation that has never been touched by rising right wing fascism.

not even poles want to live in poland

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i wanna to move to china but my so has the gender so it's not really an option

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

you did an ageism. you did a no growth.

only ism that makes sense

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

some lib on DU sent this to a friend & was taken aback when the friend stopped talking to him.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

thought I was posting to the succ thread but it works here too I guess. :shobon:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Jabberlock posted:

They also don't have roughly 2 million Ukranian refugees to compete with for jobs and housing at the moment

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

some lib on DU sent this to a friend & was taken aback when the friend stopped talking to him.

sent without irony to a friend and shocked when the friend was insulted. good lord.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Why do people keep electing ancient ghouls

There are thousands of young ghouls ready to get in on the grift and to my knowledge most of them know their own name and location

Morbus
May 18, 2004

christmas boots posted:

My secret hope is that Trump runs in 2024 but as a Democrat this time. We're completely unprepared for this as a nation and it would be truly something magnificent to behold.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Manager Hoyden posted:

There are thousands of young ghouls ready to get in on the grift and to my knowledge most of them know their own name and location

nobody votes in primaries

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

animist posted:

i wanna to move to china but my so has the gender so it's not really an option
what

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I hope he's president until 2029 lmao

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

what does "has the gender" mean can someone help me out here

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

christmas boots posted:

My secret hope is that Trump runs in 2024 but as a Democrat this time. We're completely unprepared for this as a nation and it would be truly something magnificent to behold.

He is just sick of all the RINOS and he's going to take back the party of Andrew Jackson

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

why would anyone be friends with someone that they felt this way about lol?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

what does "has the gender" mean can someone help me out here

only people without gender can move to china

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Jabberlock posted:

only people without gender can move to china
well I may not agree with it but they have my critical support

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just want to know what the crit multiplier on gender-critical attacks is

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Manager Hoyden posted:

The only thing democrats are good at in kneecapping primary challengers and shutting down any young up and comers that might displace them.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

they're still pretty bad about trans stuff from what ive read, which is a problem for my partner

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
you should have your gender fluid changed every 5,000 to 7,500 lmaos

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

animist posted:

they're still pretty bad about trans stuff from what ive read, which is a problem for my partner

ime they're perfectly fine with the waspy style of just not acknowledging it at all or talking about it ever aka hiding it

my father in law used to run a poli sci program taking their elite's kids to learn american politics - they loooved house of cards - and he was telling me about how one of their candidates didn't make the cut, not exactly because he was gay, but because "he couldn't even manage to hide it"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ime they're perfectly fine with the waspy style of just not acknowledging it at all or talking about it ever aka hiding it

my father in law used to run a poli sci program taking their elite's kids to learn american politics - they loooved house of cards - and he was telling me about how one of their candidates didn't make the cut, not exactly because he was gay, but because "he couldn't even manage to hide it"

fuckin gross

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in indonesia it's straightup illegal

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

in indonesia it's straightup illegal

yeah that's also fuckin gross

Morbus
May 18, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

for real. where is this magic place you rich computer toucher will go?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Yo come to New Zealand, it's less racist than Australia...

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

Yo come to New Zealand, it's less racist than Australia...

New Zealand is the alabama of the pacific. Just spending all day going "well we're not mississippi so"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new zealand is where all the billionaires plan to emigrate if not build doomsday bunkers in. if it is less terrible than most other places now, that'll change as soon as the rats start fleeing the sinking ship.