Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I’ll enjoy housing when I can actually get it. (And not need to maintain a sub to keep it.)

Until then I will fantasize about all the housing that could be, just like in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

As a White Mage in pvp I love the enemies default "focus green down" approach because lmao I'm not a healer but I'll distract all 5 of you at once and then lb you all of you if that's what you want.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Valentin posted:

I know "WAR is really good in pvp" is old hat by now but i don't think anyone has noted how fun it can be to yank someone back to you with the chain even in FFXIV's incredibly jank pvp. Obviously in a tab target mmo it's not quite as crisp and satisfying as landing a Roadhog/Pudge(/Thresh/Naut/Blitz/Pyke/etc) hook, but it never gets old dropping a nice "get over here" on a fleeing dps.

I hope they lean into the chain aeathetic for more of warriors abilities and effects going forward.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why don't they just, like, give every player the option to buy a house and make it an instanced space like apartments?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

stev posted:

Why don't they just, like, give every player the option to buy a house and make it an instanced space like apartments?

They did it's called apartments :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

stev posted:

The whole neighborhood thing is a big appeal. Also something to do with the way they have the server instancing set up or whatever, iirc.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Valentin posted:

I know "WAR is really good in pvp" is old hat by now but i don't think anyone has noted how fun it can be to yank someone back to you with the chain even in FFXIV's incredibly jank pvp. Obviously in a tab target mmo it's not quite as crisp and satisfying as landing a Roadhog/Pudge(/Thresh/Naut/Blitz/Pyke/etc) hook, but it never gets old dropping a nice "get over here" on a fleeing dps.

I miss old PVP, if only because the pvp tank role abilities meant warrior had a draw-in on top of the role knockback and draw-in.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Another reason why the people botting the afk timer to skip login queues are the scum of the earth, because everyone did it inside their houses to avoid getting reported.

House interiors are all effectively one shared zone, so all the people afking made the zone clogged so those of us who needed to go inside to water crops growing in our flowerpots got locked out.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Mister Olympus posted:

Another reason why the people botting the afk timer to skip login queues are the scum of the earth, because everyone did it inside their houses to avoid getting reported.

House interiors are all effectively one shared zone, so all the people afking made the zone clogged so those of us who needed to go inside to water crops growing in our flowerpots got locked out.

I was wondering why housing was borked for a bit.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

stev posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

They did it's called apartments :v:

I wish they'd give apartments a small outdoor space so that people could at least have that. Give them a balcony or something to put outdoor items on.

But yeah, what it comes down to for many people is that a lot of people really do like the neighborhood aspect. Now, I'm speaking from a position of privilege because I have a large personal house and small FC house, but I like being able to feel a sense of community with neighborhoods.

I'm really curious if there will be any housing element to the Harvest Moon island thing they're adding. We have so few loving details about that.

This is an impossible task, but I wish there was a way to crack down on people who buy houses but do nothing with them. Every ward has a least a couple houses with completely empty lots and completely empty insides. They don't even dump furniture in them, they just have a house they do nothing with. Like... what's the point?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

If gardening wasn't locked behind having a house I'd probably give up my personal plot. I'm a poo poo decorator and don't do a whole lot with the space other than grow stuff for myself and my FC. Can't crossbreed plants unless you have a house, though!

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I've been playing a lot of MNK in pvp and although I suck I'm having a blast with it. Riddle of Earth makes it extremely tanky every 30 seconds, pop it when you're engaged, use your heals, and save purify towards the end of buff so you can use it and get another full heal. Knocking people back into my deathball party is great, the LB isn't flashy but is almost always a kill, I feel like I have unlimited charges to get in and out of trouble, and RoF Phantom Rushes are like mini dragoon LB's, they feel so great to drop on a party.

My main issue is that now that I'm gold people are just ... ignoring me more. With no way to force enemies to attack me I feel like I'm relieving a lot less pressure from my team and I haven't quite adapted to how to best assist my team as skill levels rise. Still it's been fun up to this point and worth a shot.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's no details to the island sanctuary because it's probably gonna be something small like the Doman restoration. People jumped to Harvest Moon XIV when basically the only things they've said are like you can have your minions wander around, and lower your expectations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

This is an impossible task, but I wish there was a way to crack down on people who buy houses but do nothing with them. Every ward has a least a couple houses with completely empty lots and completely empty insides. They don't even dump furniture in them, they just have a house they do nothing with. Like... what's the point?
Digitally spitting in the face of the HOA.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I'm guilty of this. I relocated from my plot in the Mists to Shirogane, then saw another plot in Shirogane with better MB access and relocated there...after having spent a month decorating the previous plot. My yard is decorated again but I couldn't bring myself to re-float everything in my new plot and it's basically been empty inside for a couple years.

But hey now I'm in a lottery for a medium plot in the Ishgard housing zone so if it goes in my favor maybe I'll have justification to actually do something with it? :shepface:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I wish they'd give apartments a small outdoor space so that people could at least have that. Give them a balcony or something to put outdoor items on.

But yeah, what it comes down to for many people is that a lot of people really do like the neighborhood aspect. Now, I'm speaking from a position of privilege because I have a large personal house and small FC house, but I like being able to feel a sense of community with neighborhoods.

I'm really curious if there will be any housing element to the Harvest Moon island thing they're adding. We have so few loving details about that.

Roleplaying real-estate speculation.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

had a frankly heartbreaking string of losses last night that dovetailed me from Gold 1 to Gold 4, but I was able to claw it back slowly and get to plat today. think it really says something that even though I've lost a lot I'm still having a lot of fun with cc.

absolutely amazing play I lost to was when we were in OT and trying to push the crystal. we got to the 50% lock and broke it... right as a whm came around the corner and stunned us all. we didn't die but the crystal got pushed just out of our reach and no one was able to recover before the match ended. I can't even be mad!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

It's much easier to buy a house and decorate it when you have time/gil than to get a house when you find you have the urge to do so.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A summoner in my frontline game just did four loving million damage lol

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Of course, Yoshi-P does have a different opinion of housing.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1494921047291809794

This man just died like an Oblivion NPC

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/vitaminohm/status/1515110312420249601

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

quote:

Chewy you put up for sale in the Ul'dah markets has sold for 28,500,000 gil (after fees).

Thank you ten retainers.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

OK I'm at a loss to figure out how you're supposed to make portraits attach to adventurer plate / instant portrait by gearset. Connecting them to a gearset seems simple enough, but no matter what job I switch to the adventurer portrait never changes unless I manually set it to a different portrait. The instant portrait breaks 90% of the time after changing jobs, even if nothing has changed with the glam on the attached gearset.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Enjoying FFXIV again. Game is very good and this was a perfect distraction while my grinding slows down in Lost Ark and waiting for new content for that to come out.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Thundarr posted:

The instant portrait breaks 90% of the time after changing jobs, even if nothing has changed with the glam on the attached gearset.

I've been having this issue today for some reason; but it seems to work if I press the button to change to the gearset twice instead of once. This wasn't happening for me last night that I noticed, it's very strange.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Add cheaper instanced housing for people that would rather have an inferior house than none at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zokari posted:

Add cheaper instanced housing for people that would rather have an inferior house than none at all.

That is called Apartments.

Now if you mean Medium and Large apartments they actually were discussing that back in... gently caress, Stormblood I think? But there was a server reason it was causing trouble.

Maverick Thwomp
Aug 11, 2019

urgh

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No. The coomer menance should be destroyed just as much as the pepe crowd.

I'm late to the conversation, but what the gently caress is a "coomer"?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Maverick Thwomp posted:

Incels.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a coomer is one who cooms.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Now if you mean Medium and Large apartments they actually were discussing that back in... gently caress, Stormblood I think? But there was a server reason it was causing trouble.

Yes, I'm aware that apartments exist.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Countblanc posted:

a coomer is one who cooms.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Maverick Thwomp posted:

Someone whose excessive horny is their only personality trait.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/CullensDNA/status/1515129569082322946?s=20&t=hmq0qfoD64Cf9oqoP43Lgg

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Apartments are the instanced housing at home.

It's really not the same as having a home with an exterior. I don't want an isolated box. I really wish people would stop pretending apartments fill the niche.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 16, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Maverick Thwomp posted:

Internet lingo through memes at play here, the type it's describing is someone addicted to masturbation, then iterated and permutated to the nth degree to play on words, as illustrated below.

Back on the subject of housing, it'd be nice if the Island Sanctuary could serve as "basically instanced housing, allowing some self-decoration and access to the gardening system (including cross-breeding) that you could only otherwise get with a house", but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high for that.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 16, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Once again the duty is complete, thanks to the Powerpuff Girls!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, all I'm really hoping for from the island sanctuary is instanced crossbreed-ready gardening. That system looks really fun and I've barely touched it, since I don't own a house.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ffxiv socials are going to be an absolute bloodfest when it turns out Island Sanctuary isn't instanced housing, nor similar to Animal Crossing in any meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Apartments are the instanced housing at home.

It's really not the same as having a home with an exterior. I don't want an isolated box. I really wish people would stop pretending apartments fill the niche.

Right, but a home with an exterior wouldn't be instanced unless you were just getting rid of neighborhoods which would absolutely upset a bunch of people.