Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Northman was good!
I slightly prefer The Witch still but I liked this one more than The Lighthouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

the newest season of it's always sunny is so bad and they all look like crypt keepers someone take this show and shoot it in the back of the head before it turns into the simpsons

The first 3 episodes were really bad but I enjoyed most of the Ireland stuff.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

After 3 bad episodes, during a pandemic and war? Lol

We gave the simpsons like 10 seasons before people started going “ehhh… not great”

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

We gave the simpsons like 10 seasons before people started going “ehhh… not great”

I binged the whole series and only finished it a few months ago and I'm still enjoying it. It's not hitting the same highs as earlier seasons, but what show can after 15 years?

I'm ready for season 16.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

My mind is kind of blown finding out that Rich is Dick the birthday boy.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Y'all, guess what Vinegar Syndrome is releasing on blu-ray?

Fuckin' Alien Private Eye

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

LanceHunter posted:

I know it's their thing, but dear lord, that looks so much better than what is/was on YouTube.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
drat wish it was 4k

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
:siren:IT'S FRIDAY:siren:

let's take a break from the b movies and direct-to-streaming trash and watch some more conventional movies that i've never gotten around to seeing

1. Scary Movie

the first of the serious of parody horror films from the the writers of classic sketch comedy series In Living Colour. a of group of teenagers including cindy campbell and bobby prinze, accidentally hit a man when driving, and dispose of the body, but now they are being stalked by a very recognisable masked killer. as the body count increases, cindy must survive the carnage!

2. Uncharted

based on the popular series of adventure games for the playstation, it's the lastest video game movie movie to drop into theatres like turd into a toilet bowl and flushed away just as quickly. it's you're basic action adventure indiana jones rip off. featuring some hilariously dreadful miscasting, with tom holland taking the role dare devil treasure hunter nathan drake and and marky "mark" wahlberg as his grizzled old wisecracking partner, sully.

3. Parasite

since i expect the first two to be pretty painful, i figured i would throw in a ringer. winner of 4 academy awards, including best picture, director bong joon ho presents the story of two families, one rich and one poor, and how greed and class shape their interactions.

as always, starting at 8:00 est over on the deaddiscordmedia server, about 2 hours from now

Dr. Thoss fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 15, 2022

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

oh no this definitely going to be a woods movie

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Everything Everywhere All at Once is a 2 and a half hour episode of Rick and Morty

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

henkman posted:

Everything Everywhere All at Once is a 2 and a half hour episode of Rick and Morty

I thought people said it was supposed to be good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

henkman posted:

sounds terrible , glad it’s not coming out here

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dr. Thoss posted:

:siren:IT'S FRIDAY:siren:

let's take a break from the b movies and direct-to-streaming trash and watch some more conventional movies that i've never gotten around to seeing

1. Scary Movie

the first of the serious of parody horror films from the the writers of classic sketch comedy series In Living Colour. a of group of teenagers including cindy campbell and bobby prinze, accidentally hit a man when driving, and dispose of the body, but now they are being stalked by a very recognisable masked killer. as the body count increases, cindy must survive the carnage!

I really like this movie.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Yeah i rewatched scary movie recently and was surprised at how much i laughed

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The first scary movie is actually a good comedy. My friends also have love for the second as well, but it was an major step down imo.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

They had some bts photos on patreon and included a pov of plinketto and the tv in the botw screening room.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
scary movie 4 is my favorite

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

That loving rules lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

henkman posted:

season 1 Rick and Morty or season 5 Rick and Morty

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I just realized that Scary Movie has the plot synopsis for the 2000 movie.

Oh well, both the 1991 and 2000 movies are good.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

kalel posted:

season 1 Rick and Morty or season 5 Rick and Morty

Season 5

and season 1

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Also lol at ‘they look like cryptkeepers. Nah they look like people that aged like 18 years. Thats called time and its scary but natural.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Based on the title I thought Everything Everywhere was some weepy melodrama

Turns out it's just The One but the Jet Li character is a lady

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

henkman posted:

I saw it last night after hearing the overwhelming amount of praise for it and I got nothing out of it :shrug:

Like I'm glad so many people liked it but I honestly couldn't wait for it to be over, and being such a long movie, that took quite a while

I should've stayed home and rewatched some Cronenberg instead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/SlayerRules_420/status/1514746875580420101?s=20&t=CVLJYbcEzdck_gRWASf2XA

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
eat clen and tren hard

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Anime Liker posted:

Based on the title I thought Everything Everywhere was some weepy melodrama

Turns out it's just The One but the Jet Li character is a lady

thats michelle yeoh O_o

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Scary Movie 1 is fun but 3 is definitely the best.

Xbone
Nov 3, 2013

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

of course the other producer of the show who was a script editor for babylon 5 had to go and die

seriously what the gently caress

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Scary Movie 1 is fun but 3 is definitely the best.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Only thing I remember from Scary Movie 2 is the tuck and 'my germs'. And David Cross.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I remember my dad laughing at Carmen Electra getting stabbed and her implant coming out

reloading the shovel is a great gag

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Now this is the good poo poo!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmao

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Automatic Slim posted:

Tilly was written off the show?

I thought she was one of the draws for people who actually liked Discovery.

She leaves early in season 4 to teach for the new starfleet academy, but shows up in the final episode to say hi

Tig Notaro is still great in it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!