Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Didn't he say Duck Hunt is a company? Also that it teaches kids accurate sharpshooting? Did he ever actually use one of those things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

while i agree with some the broad statements about militarization of youth in games in the ep (and the MIC is absolutely heavily invested in them as a recruiting tool and massaging public perception) some of the finer points he made were just straight up historically incorrect

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah I'm very curious what advanced tactics he thinks games are training people in.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

did the guest just claim that nintendo was founded by army intelligence post-war? lmao
that’s the exact moment i tuned him out

duck hunt is a CIA plot to teach children marksmanship!

brace stop booking crackpots just because they used to abuse drugs too please

Previa_fun posted:

the guest is local to me I'm pretty sure lmao
yes, if you’re in fayetteville/nwa! he said it a bunch of times! it’s a surprisingly nice place!

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 8, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tbf the nico walker episode is an all timer, but yeah this guest was not good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

tbf the nico walker episode is an all timer, but yeah this guest was not good
nico walker gave the impression of a person who used to abuse drugs, but also still abuses drugs, too

it was very funny to hear him shittalk “his” movie tho

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm not sure if America's army was used to train troops but Full Spectrum Warrior 100% was. I think AA was made more for recruiting.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Just imagining Matt Farwell seeing this image and screaming that the DOD is teaching this kid small unit tactics.

Also he looks like he is simultaneously the youngest old person and the oldest young person alive.
https://twitter.com/officialftsill/status/1267238995978792962

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
my man got stage 4 Benjamin Button Disease

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

reminder that Brace is 6’4”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
saw a cool thread by David Hogg the Parkland shooting activist

https://twitter.com/davidhogg111/status/1513697001002704903?s=21&t=SYZe1xl_mefK0A-4YocGdg

yeah yeah “these kids are annoying” go shut the gently caress up anyways it’s a cool thread and a cool idea and OH HELLO

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1513716213322436612?s=21&t=SYZe1xl_mefK0A-4YocGdg

Potential upcoming episode? “My dad was a fed and all I got was my friend’s blood on my face as we got murdered in history class”

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Excited to read the Fed’s dms to the subway shooter.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a hogg ep talking about what his dad did in granada sounds loving awful hth

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

i say swears online posted:

It doesn't help

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

i say swears online posted:

i keep sending liz postcards with “DO A LARRY VICKERS EP” scrawled in crayon, but she still ain’t calling

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hell ya boston bombing series! can’t wait to find out that the FBI did it!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jinx from twitter go on TrueAnon

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Jinx from twitter go on TrueAnon

https://twitter.com/bigfootjinx/status/1509097035990855680?s=20&t=bDr9QRJEdZtUujijw7-rcg

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
you can change the frequency of RC car controllers pretty easily, right? i always assumed the delay between the first and second explosion was so Tamerlan could swap frequencies on his controller. based on the youtube video i just looked up, it looks like 10-15 seconds is typical.

e: lmfao at brace giving good advice about how to deactivate level 2 and 3 retention holsters

e2: hahahaha is this guy seriously arguing that they were "patsies" and weren't responsible for the bombings? guys, enough.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 16, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

TenementFunster posted:

hell ya boston bombing series! can’t wait to find out that the FBI did it!
oh my god they're doing it

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
deleted dumb nerd poo poo

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 16, 2022

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
also "why wasnt there video from Ring cameras?" listen you dumb motherfuckers, just google it. ring cameras didnt launch until the year after the bombing, and weren't widespread until years later

this is why i hate housetrotter. he is stupid, lazy and most likely polish

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

TenementFunster posted:

The bombing being a false flag by the FBI or the CIA or whatever has been a theory since like the minute it happened get with the times

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

didn't realize that theory was controversial

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
hell yeah great post thanks for the typing

Slanderer posted:

also "why wasnt there video from Ring cameras?" listen you dumb motherfuckers, just google it. ring cameras didnt launch until the year after the bombing, and weren't widespread until years later

this is why i hate housetrotter. he is stupid, lazy and most likely polish
that was absolutely baffling. i couldn't even figure out why he brought it up until I realized he didn't know the very obvious answer! the guy is such a weird dumbass. not everything is domestic gladio FBI plot.

didn't realize that theory was controversial
i can't wait to hear it! i didn't know what to expect from this series (jk i did know), but i can't wait for "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Innocence Project"

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 16, 2022

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
whole lot of words on this page

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

boring rear end words

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

boring rear end words
wrong!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

TenementFunster posted:

hell yeah great post thanks for the typing

that was absolutely baffling. i couldn't even figure out why he brought it up until I realized he didn't know the very obvious answer! the guy is such a weird dumbass. not everything is domestic gladio FBI plot.

i can't wait to hear it! i didn't know what to expect from this series (jk i did know), but i can't wait for "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Innocence Project"

I don’t think any of them are arguing they are innocent. As far as I can tell the suspicion is they were informants that the fbi were baiting along. A theory which has an enormous amount of precedence.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Danger posted:

I don’t think any of them are arguing they are innocent. As far as I can tell the suspicion is they were informants that the fbi were baiting along. A theory which has an enormous amount of precedence.
ben said the confession wasn’t a confession, then said he was only confessing to the shootout and not the bombing. he’s dumb.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

TenementFunster posted:

ben said the confession wasn’t a confession, then said he was only confessing to the shootout and not the bombing. he’s dumb.

He was arguing that the confession made no sense either way, or at the very least there’s enough wrong with it to cast reasonable doubt on it as evidence. I get the dude is a bit sloppy but he’s not saying to free jahar or whatever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I also saw people complaining about his ring camera comment, and while ring the company wasn’t invented yet people still have security systems with cameras. Their point still makes sense that the neighborhood they were in should have had some sort of footage of something.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I'm not sure if it's the guests or what but man are the Boston bombing episodes boring as poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s because the Boston Bombing is the loving lamest and most boring terrorist attack in human history.

Like, for comparison, 9/11 is literally 1,000x worse

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s because the Boston Bombing is the loving lamest and most boring terrorist attack in human history.

The manhunt was legit extremely wild though

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Danger posted:

He was arguing that the confession made no sense either way, or at the very least there’s enough wrong with it to cast reasonable doubt on it as evidence. I get the dude is a bit sloppy but he’s not saying to free jahar or whatever.
it made “sense” if you understood it as a crazy stoner moron on death’s door writing a manifesto instead of trying to make some connection to a double-reverse gladio stay-behind false flag

The_Rob posted:

I also saw people complaining about his ring camera comment, and while ring the company wasn’t invented yet people still have security systems with cameras.
not really! only the truly nerdy and committed had personal CCTV systems back then. the technology was highly niche in 2013

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 19, 2022

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

The_Rob posted:

I also saw people complaining about his ring camera comment, and while ring the company wasn’t invented yet people still have security systems with cameras. Their point still makes sense that the neighborhood they were in should have had some sort of footage of something.

yeah id expect the wealthier parts of every city has been lined with private security cams of some form for decades now

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bust Rodd posted:

it’s very funny how much of a #hashtag frenzy boston tried to work itself into in an attempt to make people forget the whole thing was less deadly than many single-vehicle auto wrecks. absolute clown poo poo. the tsarnaev brothers were absolutely goons, too.

e: the boston bombings were the falklands island war of terror attacks: completely asymmetrical, super-low stakes, zero lasting wider impact, and “famous” for the overfunded side trying to think up stupid ways to use all their new dumb toys to ridiculous effect.

Bip Roberts posted:

The manhunt was legit extremely wild though
neil did a good job

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
i don't know if they're just trying to pad out the ep, or what, but speculating on how there isn't evidence, but there SHOULD BE, is crazy

nah the confession was probably a confession because he was a dumb pothead goon who thought he was dying. there was no surveillance video from residences because there wasn't. he was able to leave the country while flagged because exit controls are weak, why would they give a poo poo if some goon wants to go?

there's a pretty good case to make that these guys were feds without being like well.. wouldn't it be wild if there was MORE evidence???