Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

This is how I felt about DkS3 tbh. After dumping a thousand hours into 1/2+SotFS/BB I hit terminal burnout at the start of Ringed City and never finished. I didn't touch a Fromsoft game again until ER, which changed things up enough to make everything fresh.

In order of how much I enjoyed them:
ER = BB > DkS = DkS2 >>> DkS3

probing you until you play sekiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

is it OK if I finish the Ninja Gaiden trilogy first

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

is it OK if I finish the Ninja Gaiden trilogy first

It's time to play sekiro

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ringed City is actually a pretty bad DLC imo as is Ashes, both have wonderful bosses and some of the worst areas in the series lol.

Getting to the ringed city and seeing the very first part of it is a arrow spam gauntlet

Then getting to the TWO swamps back to back

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

But yeah I find both of the DLC are just too big open areas filled with some unfunny enemies and they just feel very directionless. Ashes especially I just felt like I wandering around a big field looking for the good thing to do.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
First arrow spam gauntlet? Cool puzzle

Later magic arrow spam gauntlet? Absolute bullshit

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

sourdough posted:

It's time to play sekiro

ok but I'm not made of sixty dollar bills so I have to wait until the next steam sale

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
smells like broke in here

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

wife and kid and exploding housing prices and american medical bills ain't joking around these days

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kill your wife and kids, play out of the back of your car hooked until you die of cancer.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's a bit extreme. Just fake a child's extreme chronic illness and tell them his make awish is Sekiro

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

wife and kid and exploding housing prices and american medical bills ain't joking around these days

tell the game store guy that your kid has a virus.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would have simply previously purchased Sekiro when I could have afforded it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tokimeki Memorial (Ayako gf)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I would have simply previously purchased Sekiro when I could have afforded it.

I would simply point a gun at my TV until the PS Store gave up the goods. Or else.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

543. won another round of super turbo (honda)

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

my favorite of the nes games. best music imo. gemini man's stage looks sick and I like the cute weird tadpole egg guys. i always thought the remix levels and the MM2 doc robots were really cool.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Beat Sensorium and got to the Dev Museum. It was an ok Witness-like.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I would simply point a gun at my TV until the PS Store gave up the goods. Or else.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
13. Horizon Forbidden West (Normal, 83% Completion)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

83% Completion

come on now

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mega man 4 (NES) - this is where the NES games started to dip in quality overall imo. i do enjoy the increased difficulty compared to MM2 and 3 though. this is also where they introduced hidden paths and minor secrets in levels, which is cool. special mention - ring man's stage, I like the aesthetic.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol the look on megaman's face for some reason

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tmfc posted:

mega man 4 (NES) - this is where the NES games started to dip in quality overall imo. i do enjoy the increased difficulty compared to MM2 and 3 though. this is also where they introduced hidden paths and minor secrets in levels, which is cool. special mention - ring man's stage, I like the aesthetic.
If you can play the Game Boy version of 4, do it. It's really good.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Crusader of Centy -- really good. I wish I had this as a kid instead of Sonic Spinball

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you can play the Game Boy version of 4, do it. It's really good.

I can, I like the GB games for what they were, maybe I'll go through and replay those too. been thinking about playing the Legends games too. the year of mega man

on a good pace, finished 5 tonight.

didn't have this one as a kid so I'm not as familiar with if as I am 1-4. I think they refined all the new things they introduced in 4. fun gimmicks in a couple stages and better level design overall. the bosses were all pretty easy except for napalm man for some reason. good music. onto 6 tomorrow.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[18] Bomberman 64 (N64) 4/18/22
Review:
Good game. Short and sweet unless you go for 100%. Everything about this game pissed me off, but in a good way, except the camera, which is terrible. Good music. I'd like to play the N64 sequels some day.

7/10

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mega man 6 (NES)

kinda have a love/hate with this one. the reimagining of the rush adapters was cool, and I liked the way they did multiple exit paths to get the beat letters, and all the hidden paths in the endgame stages with extra lives and e-tanks and stuff. but the bosses were all stupidly easy, even the wily bosses, and the stages had a lot of inflated difficulty with bullshit enemy/pit/spike placements. the hit boxes on some of the enemies seemed off too. the rush jet adapter breaks the game a bit but it's very fun to use. this game has some of the worst music in the series imo but there are a few pretty good standout tracks. I liked it more than I remembered liking it as a kid, but it got to be sort of a slog toward the end and it's still my least favorite of the NES games. I think they were phoning it in hard at this point since it was late in the NES's life (my mom bought it for me from the Sears clearance rack for like $15 not long after it came out). plus mega man X came out right around the same time as this and that is a perfect video game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

while i ws in jail i beat tokimeki memorial: under the tree of legends. yuina route, i went to technical school and we barely saw each other again. game kicks rear end, it's so good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tmfc posted:

mega man 6 (NES)

kinda have a love/hate with this one. the reimagining of the rush adapters was cool, and I liked the way they did multiple exit paths to get the beat letters, and all the hidden paths in the endgame stages with extra lives and e-tanks and stuff. but the bosses were all stupidly easy, even the wily bosses, and the stages had a lot of inflated difficulty with bullshit enemy/pit/spike placements. the hit boxes on some of the enemies seemed off too. the rush jet adapter breaks the game a bit but it's very fun to use. this game has some of the worst music in the series imo but there are a few pretty good standout tracks. I liked it more than I remembered liking it as a kid, but it got to be sort of a slog toward the end and it's still my least favorite of the NES games. I think they were phoning it in hard at this point since it was late in the NES's life (my mom bought it for me from the Sears clearance rack for like $15 not long after it came out). plus mega man X came out right around the same time as this and that is a perfect video game.

i like mega man 6 just because it feels like the end of an era but yeah, mega man x is just a better game. one thing that's tough for it these days is that you'd never play it unless you were playing all the other ones before it, so you always feel burned out by the time you get to it. you get past the first post-game and get to the dr wily stages with the disappearing blocks and it's like

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako ending)
8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)

really cute and fun. also lol at it being the same completion percentage as my metroid prime playthrough

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mr. 63%

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests

Game is still perfect, the Deus Ex of RPGs. I forgot how nice the credits are.

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 20, 2022

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think deus ex is the deus ex of rpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i think deus ex is the deus ex of rpgs

this lol