Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It really shows that the only people who actually want an ALP govt in the press are Jordies, PvO, Laurie Oaks, Ray Martin and Barrie Cassidy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Recoome posted:

how can anyone actually follow the election campaign right now?

I sure as gently caress can't, the coverage on TV, radio and papers is all horse race garbage.
I'm interested in politics and how the country is run but the media during the campaign is total poo poo

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

"first preference greens" is a cool twitter search term to find a lot of people who understand how the australian voting system works

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

how can anyone actually follow the election campaign right now?

because I am working it this year so i can't escape it

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I really hope I'm wrong about this but right now it feels like all the Liberals have to do to win is just shut up, while Albo calmly and confidently grabs his shotgun, loads both barrels and points it at his feet.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bargearse posted:

I really hope I'm wrong about this but right now it feels like all the Liberals have to do to win is just shut up, while Albo calmly and confidently grabs his shotgun, loads both barrels and points it at his feet.

This was Labor's plan lol. Can't even play a dead bat right.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

GoldStandardConure posted:

because I am working it this year so i can't escape it

Part of the problem hmmm?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

Part of the problem hmmm?

if you're not part of the problem then what are you doing with your life

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

"first preference greens" is a cool twitter search term to find a lot of people who understand how the australian voting system works

help us ken the voting dingo

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

JBP posted:

This was Labor's plan lol. Can't even play a dead bat right.

Almost like they have no problem letting Australia become a one party state so long as they keep their jobs.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

scomo is going to be pm for 1,000 years

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bargearse posted:

Almost like they have no problem letting Australia become a one party state so long as they keep their jobs.

I think the issue is more that this is a conservative country full of rich people

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I'm starting to feel like if Labor win this, it won't be because of any campaign they ran, but because of the sheer weight of people on social media ranting about how over the top corrupt the LNP are. If only Labor could channel that a little bit better than promising ICAC by Christmas.

We need some old school black and white scare campaign poo poo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/6NewsAU/status/1515231100473253896

https://twitter.com/gerardmmkl/status/1515241675475812357

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 16, 2022

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

So if the Australian Democrats are back, where's the ASMR goon who was their sole supporter?

A lot of poo poo happened, but I'll summarize. I've been called a liar and temp banned from at least one subreddit over this, but basically there was an attempt to take over the party by one faction, some money got stolen, the party lost a whole bunch of members, the party fell below the minimum number to keep registration, and apparently Meg Lees ("the gays are taking over the party!") was more important to them than the queer membership, so I ragequit the NSW state executive and handed in my membership.

gently caress them, gently caress LNP, gently caress ALP cowards, Fatty McFuckhead, Pauline Hanson and the dipshits who bleat on social media about how the Greens are going to ruin Australia.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ScreamingLlama posted:

the Greens are going to ruin Australia.

hopefully

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

They need a new name to be taken seriously though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The new liberals

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

The Envirocommies

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
The Bandt Band

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ScreamingLlama posted:

A lot of poo poo happened, but I'll summarize. I've been called a liar and temp banned from at least one subreddit over this, but basically there was an attempt to take over the party by one faction, some money got stolen, the party lost a whole bunch of members, the party fell below the minimum number to keep registration, and apparently Meg Lees ("the gays are taking over the party!") was more important to them than the queer membership, so I ragequit the NSW state executive and handed in my membership.

gently caress them, gently caress LNP, gently caress ALP cowards, Fatty McFuckhead, Pauline Hanson and the dipshits who bleat on social media about how the Greens are going to ruin Australia.

Lol owned

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Just lol at the idea of Meg Lee's being anything other than actively detrimental . The GST deal killed the one thing the Aus Dems had going for them. So much for "keep the bastards honest". Good riddance.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Wheezle posted:

The Bandt Band

I suppose Bandtits is a bit risky to use

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Bandt of Horses

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bandtidos

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

sick of Applebees posted:

Bandt of Horses

Bandt of Brothers , even

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Permabandt

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Permabandt poster greenielover58

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Anidav posted:

It really shows that the only people who actually want an ALP govt in the press are Jordies, PvO, Laurie Oaks, Ray Martin and Barrie Cassidy.

Incredibly generous definition of the press here, either to jordies or everyone else on the list depending on how you define 'the press'

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

JBP posted:

Permabandt

Parmabandt

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

ScreamingLlama posted:

welcome back

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Glendower: I can call the spirits from the vasty deep.

Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come, when you do call for them?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 27 hours!)

ScreamingLlama posted:

bless you

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Good grief. The LNP just told every type 1 diabetic in the country "Vote for us or keep spending 2K a year on electronic monitors". Turns out it's only 155 million. I'm really surprised they are doing it is my point.

Maybe the manufacturer is a LNP donor and they want to launder it back?

Though telling me "Vote for us if you want to continue to live longer" is a compelling one to me personally.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
that's something that labor should easily be able to promise to match so...

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Comstar posted:

Good grief. The LNP just told every type 1 diabetic in the country "Vote for us or keep spending 2K a year on electronic monitors". Turns out it's only 155 million. I'm really surprised they are doing it is my point.

Maybe the manufacturer is a LNP donor and they want to launder it back?

Though telling me "Vote for us if you want to continue to live longer" is a compelling one to me personally.

If its the electronic monitors I am thinking of, the manufacturer is Abbott Laboratories (which costs me about $2496.00 per year to use. When I mean the Abbott representative a few years ago she was telling me how they were dealing with Greg Hunt to get them added to the PBS. This was about 4ish years ago?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

lih posted:

that's something that labor should easily be able to promise to match so...

https://twitter.com/Mark_Butler_MP/status/1515493764126576641?s=20&t=X9m48D-3Za48BaTdoy69Tw

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

hambeet posted:

Progressive party (APP) or take a leaf from Canada’s book - New Democratic Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Just watched that Bandt video again. That AFR dweeb got so loving owned.

Chadam Bandt.