Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

drat I should make some butternut squash soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Butternut squash is fine, but when it’s used to make pasta and crackers, get the gently caress out.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Full Collapse posted:

Butternut squash is fine, but when it’s used to make pasta and crackers, get the gently caress out.

any butternut squash that isn't used to make curry or soup is a wasted butternut squash.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

any butternut squash that isn't used to make curry or soup is a wasted butternut squash.

:hmmyes:

actually also butternut squash ravioli is great too

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

has there ever been a Basque f1 driver

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

your friend wicka posted:

Yeah, it's p legit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

:hmmyes:

I hated it until I made it, turns out boiled up squash by itself inside the ravioli is what I had tried before.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gigi Galli posted:

I hated it until I made it, turns out boiled up squash by itself inside the ravioli is what I had tried before.

drat that's straight up child/vulnerable adult abuse

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm a big fan of this fact

quote:

Of the 30 fastest men's 100m sprint times ever, only nine have been run by an athlete not banned for drugs, all by Jamaica's Usain Bolt. He holds the record for the three fastest 100m sprints in history. American sprinter Tyson Gay, the joint-second fastest athlete ever, has served two doping bans and was stripped off his 2012 Olympics silver.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Kimi :allears:

quote:

When Kimi Räikkönen left McLaren he flew his mechanics to Lapland on a private jet for a weeklong drinking and snowmobiling session, ending the week with a night at his family home.

Kimi’s Dad showed them all around the family garage full of off road cars, go-karts, motocross bikes, snow-mobiles, old formula 1 cars and all sorts in between. All the mechanics went on a night out,then when they returned to the family house Kimi’s Mum gave them all cups of tea and made sure they didn’t miss their flight home.

I just think this gives a lovely insight into Kimi’s personality and the family he came from. He was so grateful for the work his mechanics did on his car over the years that he repaid them by inviting them to his homeland and into his family home where his parents welcomed everyone with open arms.

Reference: Marc ‘Elvis’ Priestleys book about his time in McLaren. Book title: “The Mechanic”

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The purest sport is snooker, where competitors were up in arms that they weren't allowed to drink during the game any more.
The chance those tubby lads are on anything to improve their performance is very close to zero.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

pls god bring back the cars going vroom

boop the snoot posted:

F1 needs to do the thread a favor and have an ad hoc race this weekend.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

The purest sport is snooker, where competitors were up in arms that they weren't allowed to drink during the game any more.
The chance those tubby lads are on anything to improve their performance is very close to zero.

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBztKRiP7Q

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Feel like drinking should be a requirement for any sport that is typically played in a bar.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Khablam posted:

Darts is also like this

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Darts is also like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qc7WZvEAY

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Darts nonce

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
So today I randomly got into a conversation with someone who used to work as a mechanical engineer for Red Bull. First question I had was “is Horner as much of a knob as he comes across on TV?” - the answer was emphatically yes, he’s as much of a nightmare to work for as you’d suspect.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Unsurprising, and very satisfying

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Good content here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQsvU8_bb4Q

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Begall posted:

So today I randomly got into a conversation with someone who used to work as a mechanical engineer for Red Bull. First question I had was “is Horner as much of a knob as he comes across on TV?” - the answer was emphatically yes, he’s as much of a nightmare to work for as you’d suspect.

during one of the free practice broadcasts over the past couplea races they put ted on and he mentioned offhandedly that horner just passed by and gave him a "friendly punch in the stomach" like dude is frat boy culture personified in a 48 year old that is desperately trying to escape his wifes shadow

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

pro click. thants!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

If people are interested in these the full 48 minute episodes are on f1tv: https://f1tv.formula1.com/page/1299/tech-talk

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I would think stuff like beta blockers are huge for pool/darts/etc. If they aren’t being tested they’re definitely on all kinds of poo poo.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

n8r posted:

I would think stuff like beta blockers are huge for pool/darts/etc. If they aren’t being tested they’re definitely on all kinds of poo poo.

Meet Bill Werbeniuk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Werbeniuk

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
If anyone's interested, there's some racing going on in Le Mans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFSOLLsEfI

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

acidx posted:

Uh curling is edge of your seat action.
Then it makes perfect sense that in Canada a curling guy used to do F1 commentary.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
need some racing so bad

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

need some racing so bad

STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS

the most underrated racing series currently imo. all the races go up on their youtube too.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
F1 needs to adopt the NASCAR schedule - 40 races in the American South.

This type of 2 week break is unacceptable.

Watching tiny skinny men get covered in mud riding their bicycles on cobblestones for 6 hours is a cheap substitute

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Is the Le Mans series basically just bored rich guys? A lot of them look a bit past their prime.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

we need less races and more discussions over things like the merits of Eneloop Pro rechargeable AA batteries

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Fun fact - "Le Mans" is french for "The Men"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS
Also King of the Baggers

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Aphex- posted:

Fun fact - "Le Mans" is french for "The Men"

tu est homme

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

tu est homme

ur a "homme"

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

A lot of niche sports that you'd assume are clean are actually super dirty because they get basically no attention from anti-doping regulators. I'd put my money on something like basketball, but it's also worth noting that "cleanest sport" is a lot like "most relatable F1 driver" - you gotta grade on a steep curve.

Basketball is hilariously dirty, they have 4 piss test ALL SEASON, so after your 4th you can basically go nuts.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

STADIUM SUPER TRUCKS

the most underrated racing series currently imo. all the races go up on their youtube too.

is 80 year old robbie gordon still doing that

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

New update for the upcoming gp

Sorry for the bad quality but I was in a moving car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

No homme, no homme