Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's weird that the TNT title has a habit of looping back to the same person, but I really do think there are super obvious extenuating circumstances for this one. Sammy's face character totally tanked to the point fans reveled in booing him and they aired a promo that seemed to explicitly say "we're scrapping plans for a mixed tag and just cutting to Sammy-Sky II." I don't see what's wrong with going "Sammy's primed for a big heel turn now, let's pull the trigger and use the belt to really give the turn some weight."

And you might say "Oh but it undercuts the Scorpio title run" and, even before you get into the debatability of how much juice there really was in in Scorpio Sky's reign, I think it's also worth considering that ATT is the subject of vocal audience complaints and has on multiple occasions failed to convincingly get faces over in their angles. Maybe you see this pattern repeating itself for a second or third time and reconsider the value of having the belt tied up with that group.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, Let Things Play Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

KungFu Grip posted:

sounds like an awful show wtf tony, did you not do any lines today??
Adam Cole's shortness and Samoa Joe's fatness overwhelmed the power of Tony Khan's cocaine

I don't know if you know this but Adam Cole is short. Someone post the video lol

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

roomtone posted:

sky is a spent prospect for me and sammy is getting there so i kind of don't care either way about this result. i just hope they can move the TNT belt onto somewhere that is actually working soon. there are many, many places in AEW it could go which i think would be better.

sometimes you are right, sometimes it's just what the program or wrestler needs. it's circumstantial.

in this case i don't think it really matters either way. sammy and sky are not in good positions right now. the belt is in the wrong place.

Agreed.

I mean if Kenny comes back and feuds with Sammy for the TNT belt it'll be over again. It's just no one cares about watching Sammy feud with a guy who only wins on Dark for a title.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 16, 2022

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
To roomtone's point, I do think the belt is very often in the wrong place. The Scorp move felt like it was a little gold watch to help facilitate a big Wardlow push, but then they went a completely different way with that booking. Now moving the belt back to Sammy just makes Sky's reign feel absolutely pointless, again devaluing the belt.

With guys like Andrade and Malakai and Penta and Keith Lee and Starks and god knows who else out there that all feel like they would both be helped by a TNT Title reign and would help the prestige of the belt, it's so loving frustrating watching it just get passed back and forth in all of this weird booking that the fans are clearly not into.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

xbilkis posted:

And you might say "Oh but it undercuts the Scorpio title run" and, even before you get into the debatability of how much juice there really was in in Scorpio Sky's reign, I think it's also worth considering that ATT is the subject of vocal audience complaints and has on multiple occasions failed to convincingly get faces over in their angles. Maybe you see this pattern repeating itself for a second or third time and reconsider the value of having the belt tied up with that group.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, Let Things Play Out

That's fair. I wish ATT could put it together and be a good heel group.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Put the TNT title on Andrade ASAP imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Waiting And Seeing the payoff for Sky vs Sammy 3

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DeepDickPizza posted:

To roomtone's point, I do think the belt is very often in the wrong place. The Scorp move felt like it was a little gold watch to help facilitate a big Wardlow push, but then they went a completely different way with that booking. Now moving the belt back to Sammy just makes Sky's reign feel absolutely pointless, again devaluing the belt.

With guys like Andrade and Malakai and Penta and Keith Lee and Starks and god knows who else out there that all feel like they would both be helped by a TNT Title reign and would help the prestige of the belt, it's so loving frustrating watching it just get passed back and forth in all of this weird booking that the fans are clearly not into.

Really thought they could have put it on Andrade in that 3-way since they already had the revenge match booked for the PPV the night after.

But if they just do Swerve vs Sammy after this match then whatever, it's all good.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ricky Starks needs a TNT title program ASAP. Guy is being wasted carrying that stupid orange belt around

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The thing is that now Cody's gone the TNT title can become the Year 2000 WWF International Championship. Hotshotted but somehow mostly around cool dudes even if it ends up in weird rear end situations. Whatever. As a huge Sammy fan it's justified in a heel turn.

However, Dan Lambert and MotY need to start fighting extremely beloved faces because laughing at Lambert being a sentient boomer Facebook page and Ego cutting good promos and Scorp wrestling sick matches while coming into his own on the mic isn't helping their dynamic because outside of this they are perfect heels.

I should be as excited to see them lose as I am Adam Cole and I'm just posting things like this even if I love Sammy and Tay.

This is all sketchy booking but I have faith this will work out at some point. Tony has earned my confidence

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 16, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Side note I would rather the TNT belt go back to what it was 6 months ago

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Side note I would rather the TNT belt go back to what it was 6 months ago

it is exactly where it was 6 months ago. around the waist of sammy guevara.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

That's fair. I wish ATT could put it together and be a good heel group.

ATT are a good heel group as long as the face isn’t doing cocky heel bullshit that turns the crowd on them like Brandi in that one weird promo where she came out and started bashing the locals, and then Sammy and Tay with the entire cum belt segment.

You’d have the same results with pretty much any heel on the roster in their position given what the faces were doing at the time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I personally think having Dan Lambert come out and be Jim Cornette is just kind of wasting the guy's talent and it feels like a relic in a bad way. He could get plenty of heat just being a stodgy old Bill Watts type complaining about the guys doing too many flips and all that instead of delivering weak material like calling someone a slut or implying they're gay or whatever.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm looking forward to more Sammy vs Darby matches.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The short reigns don't bother me. TV championships are kinda supposed to work that way. I think the entire Sammy and Tay vs ATT storyline is pretty garbage tier so whatever. I'm ready for Miro to come back and take the belt, though.

I wonder if a now heel Sammy joins up with JAS.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I have to imagine that the way that promo crashed and burned made them pull the ripcord early, and thank gently caress for that. Let them all do things that aren’t awful.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

someone came back on elevation

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1516915789307203584

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seams posted:

I'm looking forward to more Sammy vs Darby matches.

I’m not. they both annoy the poo poo out of me.

I want Angelico to win the belt and twist every member of the roster in ways the human body shouldn’t be twisted.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also on elevation

suzuki vs qt

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1516919441405140999?s=21&t=fc0s7l5NR0p8fkOQwazaTw

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

the escape goat posted:

I’m not. they both annoy the poo poo out of me.

I want Angelico to win the belt and twist every member of the roster in ways the human body shouldn’t be twisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSyxnqOPr3c

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

also on elevation

suzuki vs qt

:sickos: x infinity

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1516982983072223232

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage

Adam Cole qualifies for the Owen Foundation men's tournament over Tomohiro Ishii. Switchblade Jay White brawls with Rocky Romero and Orange Cassidy at ringside, distracting the ref and letting Cole lowblow Ishii
Lance Archer defeats Serpentico
Eddie Kingston defeats Daniel Garcia
Jade Cargill retains the TBS title over Marina Shafir

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it ruled yes especially as ishii's music shocked the hell out of me. when cole challenged ishii during the announcement we all knew was coming i thought it was the first announced match for the forbidden door show. sadly i missed suzuki as i skipped dark since i knew it was going to be a long night as is.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All you have to do to see Suzuki nowadays is advertise an indie wrestling promotion at your house, and he'll just wander right in and chop whoever he finds.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why do people continue to skip AEW Dark and its sister, AEW Dark Elevation

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Chris James 2 posted:

Rampage

Adam Cole qualifies for the Owen Foundation men's tournament over Tomohiro Ishii. Switchblade Jay White brawls with Rocky Romero and Orange Cassidy at ringside, distracting the ref and letting Cole lowblow Ishii
Lance Archer defeats Serpentico
Eddie Kingston defeats Daniel Garcia
Jade Cargill retains the TBS title over Marina Shafir

Not unexpected but lol building Marina up as a killer in promos and then the wet fart Dynamite debut/Jade’s dismissal of the threat all end with Jade being right and retaining. Was this match any good?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Not unexpected but lol building Marina up as a killer in promos and then the wet fart Dynamite debut/Jade’s dismissal of the threat all end with Jade being right and retaining. Was this match any good?

Several people said it overachieved. Wasn't a squash either.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why do people continue to skip AEW Dark and its sister, AEW Dark Elevation

they dont matter

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

KungFu Grip posted:

they dont matter

people whine that they matter too much

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If Dark and Dark: Elevation mattered, Marina Shafir would've gotten a reaction.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

KungFu Grip posted:

they dont matter

A show with Takeshita on it is by default the A show.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Takeshita's going to the Owen final, right

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pylons posted:

Several people said it overachieved. Wasn't a squash either.
I will say there was a major botch in it that Jade throw Marina to the outside and then went for a plancha that was nowhere near her. Also the balloons only went off on one side that was just barely on hardcam.

Will say also the Main Event that there were 2-3 extremely annoying people yelling poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh no not fans at a wrestling show yelling

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh no not fans at a wrestling show yelling
I don't mind it normally, but it was just unrelenting, granted wish the crowd was louder and into the match to drown them out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Tenille Dashwood defeats Gisele Shaw
The Briscoes defeat Heath and Rhino
Bhupinder Guijar defeats VSK. Postmatch Mahabali Shera attacks VSK
Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Mike Bennett and Matt Taven) defeat Speedball Mike Bailey and the Motor City Machine Guns. Postmatch Bullet Club brawls with HNM
Deonna Purrazzo attacks Taya Valkyrie
Rosemary and Jessicka Havok defeat Tasha Steelz and Savannah Evans
Josh Alexander retains the world title over Moose. Postmatch Tomohiro Ishii stares down Alexander
W Morrissey defeats Brian Myers in a tables match
Ace Austin retains the X title over Rocky Romero
Masha Slamovich squashes a local talent
Chris Bey and Switchblade Jay White defeat the Souljas. Postmatch Bullet Club brawls with HNM
Ishii defeats Steve Maclin
PCO defeats Jonah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
who's in the segment of the bullet club making impact appearances