Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nothus posted:

The ghost story they use to tell is that a young person could get a college degree, default on the debt, wait the 7-10 years for it to fall off of their credit report, and be 32 years old, debt-free, and have 10 years worth of savings to borrow against. Which sounds like a pretty loving good deal to me.

does that actually work

empty whippet box posted:

I just want to know what the crit multiplier on gender-critical attacks is

2x with hornet ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

actionjackson posted:

does that actually work

not anymore

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it no longer works specifically because of joe biden.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

do you pretty much have to leave the country and renounce your citizenship?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you leave the country and don’t care about us assets anymore.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

New Zealand is the alabama of the pacific. Just spending all day going "well we're not mississippi so"

Not being Mississippi is literally Alabama's best attribute straight up

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

LastInLine posted:

alabamaian, can confirm

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

alabama is legitimately much nicer to be in than mississippi, that's not saying a lot but it's true. mississippi loving sucks from top to bottom everywhere you go. the only things I miss about MS are the weather being warmer, the chinese place I used to order from and the running trail I used to run on. everything else is lovely beyond belief

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

actionjackson posted:

Thay doesn't work either, unless you plan on never returning to the states ever again

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Can they actually garnish wages in another country if you don't renounce your citizenship and go into exile?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

alabama is legitimately much nicer to be in than mississippi, that's not saying a lot but it's true. mississippi loving sucks from top to bottom everywhere you go. the only things I miss about MS are the weather being warmer, the chinese place I used to order from and the running trail I used to run on. everything else is lovely beyond belief

Alabama at least kinda sorta almost has mountains up around Huntsville. And Birmingham ain’t half bad these days.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

Can they actually garnish wages in another country if you don't renounce your citizenship and go into exile?

No I’m pretty sure even with FATCA they can’t. had a friend skip out on UMD (or maybe Hopkins?) loans and come back to Turkey and just never go to America. clever girl

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

Thay doesn't work either, unless you plan on never returning to the states ever again

well that was kind of the intent when i said renounce citizenship

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

actionjackson posted:

well that was kind of the intent when i said renounce citizenship

I mean, you can never step foot in America again, they can and will flag you for arrest at customs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

of course... the natural progression. WFS

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

actionjackson posted:

You need to get a whole new identity not just renounce. That's why one of the few ways was to join the French Foreign Legion and then go shoot people in Africa for long enough and they make you a French citizen with all the relevant documentation and no ties to your old identity. Then you could go visit America nbd.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

World Famous W posted:

alabamaian, can confirm

inability to spell alabamian in the age of spellcheck - authenticity confirmed

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

inability to spell alabamian in the age of spellcheck - authenticity confirmed

Roll Tide

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

that's probably true but by that logic why would anyone go out on a limb to defend Feinstein when literally any empty suit can be voted into office and vote the same way.

or i guess maybe you should vote for the most senile person on the ballot cause they're less likely to defy party marching orders

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Does Mississipi also have sewage lakes next to houses?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-a8105886.html

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You could probably go to American college, rack up huge student debts that you have no intention of paying, then fly to Hawaii, throw yourself into a volcano, allow the magma to break your body down into its base elements, eventually some day billions of years down the line be reconstituted somehow as a new form of eukaryotic life, and then you've got a college degree and you're debt free!!!

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

"If Feinstein is inept than so are these other senators!!"

Yeah, agreed dude

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
imagine being indistinguishable from a 90 year old woman who hasn't known what she's been doing for well over a decade and thinking that means you're doing pretty good

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

new zealand is where all the billionaires plan to emigrate if not build doomsday bunkers in. if it is less terrible than most other places now, that'll change as soon as the rats start fleeing the sinking ship.

That just means we've got some free sweet bunkers if the poo poo hits the fan.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lets see what this guy thinks is important in april of 2022

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Candles $36
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. someone else's family is dying

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

I read this every day for 15 minutes

*looks up, tears streaming* its beautiful

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Candles $36
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. someone else's family is dying

you should tip your landlord for providing you with the opportunity to live under a roof

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tip your local Democrat and thank them for their service

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Nonsense posted:

Tip your local Democrat and thank them for their service

drop a coin to your 'mocrat, oh country of plenty
oh country of plenty
whoa-oh-oa

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

mediaphage posted:

drop a coin to your 'mocrat, oh country of plenty
oh country of plenty
whoa-oh-oa

that song deserves better.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Tankbuster posted:

that song deserves better.

yeah but im not spending time on a parody about giving money to democrats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

30.5 Days posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Candles $36
Utility $150

drat! $800 for rent is dirt cheap!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Candles $36
Utility $150

rent $800, what's that, a 2 bedroom with 4 roommates?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

$800??? That's a mortgage payment, why are you renting, the economy is perfect

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $1600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, I'm 33 years old and living with my parents

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1515414106248990729

didn't know where else to post this but it's very funny

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Good soup! posted:

$800??? That's a mortgage payment, why are you renting, the economy is perfect

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DoubleDonut posted:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1515414106248990729

didn't know where else to post this but it's very funny

Executing your citizens without trial is a hallmark of unrestrained monarchies. And Obama did make the decision to kill a US citizen with a drone strike without a trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I've been thinking too, in between being sick as gently caress today and watching the kid, when the Dems inevitably lose, is there anyone specific they can fall back on to blame

I know they will just revert to "the left!!!!!" for the most part, but are they really just gonna lean on Trump/Putin :arghfist: again and think anyone is falling for it