Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

Edit: does anyone know what’s up with the pioneer meta right now?

Winota, Lotus Field, and a couple of flavors of UR (Phoenix or Narset + Day's Undoing) seem like the decks to beat, or at least the decks that people love to hate. There's also a Rakdos Midrange deck that's gaining popularity but I think the "correct" build is TBD.

From an outside observer, Pioneer looks pretty cool right now but I think we're about to hit the point where enough people are playing the format again that its flaws are going to become obvious enough to start driving people away again. Plus no one is running paper Pioneer events near me, and the renewed interest + low volume of drafting on MTGO has made the format more expensive than it has any right to be. So I'm just going to chill with my Bant Spirits list from two years ago and my half-finished BW Auras list until something changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm hesitant to really jump into Pioneer because the last few formats I enjoyed were just absolutely ruined by Wizards noticing that they were popular and then deciding to print some cards specifically to shake them up. Noticing that pattern has generally got me checking out of Magic entirely.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I wish some people locally played pioneer. The lower price point alone is reason enough for me to be interested in the format.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

I used to play pre-releases, and draft. But now the companion app makes cross pod play mandatory at drafts and I am now retired from limited.

is that like an LGS specific thing? that's completely dumb

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Okay starting the day 0-2 against yorion d&t. Could've drawn round 1, but round 2 guy was on main deck magus of the moon and my only out is ballista. Kaldra is a house

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

YggdrasilTM posted:

Isn't the format dominated by UR aggro

Yeah, because they've banned recent threats down to DRC and Murktide. The deck doesn't even always play delver anymore because it isn't good enough, and just went back to ever playing delver because they banned Ragavan. Legacy was a format that rewarded format knowledge and xerox specifically was good because you could use that knowledge to ride a razor edge ahead of what your opponent was doing.

Like, protecting a delver can be hard but rewarding, protecting a DRC is much easier, and if it dies that doesn't even matter because the surveils put enough in the yard to cast a 7/7 murktide. I play Lands, a deck which is even pretty good right now entire on the back of how busted Urza's Saga is, so it's not even like "a bloo bloo bloo my deck isn't good." It just isn't fun to play because again your entire gameplan revolves around one self-synergizing card that kills your opponent with no help if they don't answer it. It's pretty rare I win off of depths these days, I only play 2 now.

My binder has 4x uro, 4x wrenn, 4x oko, like the amount of poo poo that has gotten either banned or nearly immediately replaced due to an even better thing getting printed has gotten entirely out of hand for a format that used to see 4-5 new cards a year.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

one or two of murktide, ex-it, or drc will either be banned before balder's gate, or effectively soft banned by the new broken poo poo after

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I've seen some big murky bois but none that are bigger than 12/12.
Last timei played legacy tho I only just to izzet delver so what do I know. It's too hard to find legacy games anyways.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
UR delver is too strong and they will need to ban something out of blue xerox at some point, though I don't think they will ever be willing to touch brainstorm.

Pauper is in a decent place right now for something that kind of feels like legacy where value matters. UB faeries is a fun deck.

I also got interested in premodern recently for something that feels nostalgic but is also a decent format on its own. The ban list helps give the format its own distinct feeling. The lack of any fetchable duals also means mana bases are usually real cheap. I'm putting together UG madness, dead guy ale, sligh, and The Rock for a battle box for casual magic.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

neaden posted:

UR delver is too strong and they will need to ban something out of blue xerox at some point, though I don't think they will ever be willing to touch brainstorm.

Pauper is in a decent place right now for something that kind of feels like legacy where value matters. UB faeries is a fun deck.

I miss playing legacy infect, but love playing cycling storm in pauper because tireless tribe is no longer a deck.

kalel posted:

is that like an LGS specific thing? that's completely dumb

My flgs told me it was specific to the companion app. I asked if they could just run multiple 8 person events for drafts instead of one big event and didn’t get an answer so I assume it’s half companion app, half lazy flgs.

C-Euro posted:

Winota, Lotus Field, and a couple of flavors of UR (Phoenix or Narset + Day's Undoing) seem like the decks to beat, or at least the decks that people love to hate. There's also a Rakdos Midrange deck that's gaining popularity but I think the "correct" build is TBD.

From an outside observer, Pioneer looks pretty cool right now but I think we're about to hit the point where enough people are playing the format again that its flaws are going to become obvious enough to start driving people away again. Plus no one is running paper Pioneer events near me, and the renewed interest + low volume of drafting on MTGO has made the format more expensive than it has any right to be. So I'm just going to chill with my Bant Spirits list from two years ago and my half-finished BW Auras list until something changes.

I picked up two of the pioneer challenger decks, bw auras (gently caress), and lotus field combo (hell yeah)

What are the general upgrades for the lotus field deck?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Mezzanon posted:

I miss playing legacy infect, but love playing cycling storm in pauper because tireless tribe is no longer a deck.

Infects not too badly positioned right now. It's not great but people are getting kind of durdly and simic infect is having some success with people going up to 3 berserk and 3 scale ups.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mezzanon posted:

Want that full tournament report when you finish!

It went.... not well. Joked with a guy since it's beautiful out maybe I'll go 0-3 drop and enjoy the sun before round 1. Prophetic.
I'm on mono green cloudpost still running dark depths and maze of ith.

Round 1 UW yorion

G1 - He gets out a decent start with stoneforge and kaldra, I hide behind a glacial chasm for a bit but it gets bounced and he swings for lethal
0-1

G2 - Got a needle down on wasteland and hid behind chasm before eldrazi-ing
1-1

G3 - Time is short and we go to turns. I'm on turn 4 and untap with 2 carpets that can make 2 mana each, 2 forests, 3 cloudposts and an eye of ugin. He has lethal on board with a kaldra and another big body. Since he pathed a primeval titan I'm thinking I can run another one out for 6, go get 2 glimmer posts and have 15 mana to search up ulamog and exile his creatures. The titan gets countered and I lose. As I'm cleaning up I realize that 3 cloudposts = 9, and I paid 6 green to cast the titan, so I could've had 7 to search and 8 to cast ulamog and gotten the draw. Frustrated with that.
Lost 2-1
Matches 0-1

Round 2 W Yorion D&T
G1 - Start running out standard stuff, posts etc. Turn 3 he plays recruiter of the guard and reveals magus of the moon?? Apparently he's a red splashed D&T deck. I have only ballista as an answer but no way to find it. Some stoneforges were around.
0-1

G2 - He does it again. I am awful at stoneforge matchups. Kaldra is a brutal card, and I have pretty much no answers to a magus
Lost 0-2
Matches 0-2

Round 3 UW Delver
Don't remember much of this match except I was sick of seeing stoneforge around, and it's backed up by counters. Ran a green sun into a daze in desperation when he had 2 cards in hand. At one point I needled stoneforge so he hardcasted a batterskull.
Lost ?-2

So I'm 0-3 but decide to stick around because why not.

Round 4 UW Artifact control?
G1 - He durdles and I turn 4 ulamog, exiling a tundra and a shorikai genesis engine. A card I'd never heard of. He didn't do much else so I wasn't really sure what he was on when he scooped.
1-0

G2 - He drops a monastery mentor and I'm very confused having sided up for an artifact matchup. I try to chasm but he wastelands and gets in for lethal.
1-1

G3 - He mentors and has the shorikai on board. we go to turns and i'm hanging on trying to gain life. I swing with a primeval titan and he blocks with 5 mentor tokens and a pilot instead of crewing his shorikai, meaning he doesn't have enough to get lethal. We draw.
Draw 1-1
Matches 0-3-1 I'm on the board with a point lol

Round 5 Infect
G1 - It's infect and he's on the play so I drop a turn 1 reclaimer, he's got the unblockable guy. swings in with his creature and I take a 1 infect. I draw my chasm in a bit of bad luck and have to play it. He crop rots for a wasteland then kills me.
0-1

G2 - I needle wasteland on turn 1 off a forest, realising afterward I had once upon a time in hand, oops. Turn 2 chasm and he scoops immediately with 1 land on the board, and me having a needle and chasm??
1-1

G3 - I manage to needle wasteland, but he's started to find counters. Get hit with a vines of vastwood on an inkmoth, so I drop a maze of ith then copy it next turn. I start developing a board while he holds back, using one ith to untap my reclaimer when he has 3 cards in hand. On 5 infect with 1 maze untapped he swings with nexus again and I let it through, then next turn cast an emrakul and he scoops. Apparently he had vines in hand again and was trying to bait me into targetting the inkmoth so he could +4/+4 and hexproof it for lethal. Finally a win.
2-1
Matches 1-3-1

Round 6 Memes
G1 - He fetches tropical island, then plays urza's saga on turn 2. I don't want to deal with it so I play a rec sage, and a karakas turn after. He plays some legendary creature I don't really look at but when it does damage you can discard your hand, draw cards and it gives you mana. I bounce it with karakas when it attacks and then ask "wait, was that a minotaur?" I throw a needle out on digeridoo just in case and he starts hard casting minotaurs. Thankfully despite multiple attacks in a turn he can't beat a glacial chasm.
1-0

G2 - I needle digeridoo off the bat, and hide behind chasm until I can ulamog a battleshaper and get to emrakul mana.
2-0
Matches 2-3-1

All in all I made a lot of bad plays throughout the day. D&T is generally considered a favoured matchup for G-post but I'm awful at it. Was happy to beat infect though. I don't know if magus of the moon is seeing more play, but the pilot mentioned that blood moon is falling out of favour as there's a lot of removal for it with boseiju being played (I did not own a boseiju as of this morning), so I'm not sure what the solution for that is in this deck. Maybe Dismember?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

I picked up two of the pioneer challenger decks, bw auras (gently caress), and lotus field combo (hell yeah)

What are the general upgrades for the lotus field deck?

I don't have any experience with Lotus Field but the Goldfish page is here-
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/pioneer-hidden-strings#paper

And yeah Auras got borked by the Lurrus ban :( it's a shame because I have a bunch of reps with Historic Auras decks and was hoping to port that experience to Pioneer. Oh well.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Mezzanon posted:

My flgs told me it was specific to the companion app. I asked if they could just run multiple 8 person events for drafts instead of one big event and didn’t get an answer so I assume it’s half companion app, half lazy flgs.

I know a couple stores that have run multiple drafts at the same time just fine, so I'm gonna call lazy flgs on this one I think. Though having to run multiple "events" in app per pod sounds right to me for how the stores I know of ran them.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Is this where I tack a Phyrexian Dreadnought onto my Brainstorm?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Is this where I tack a Phyrexian Dreadnought onto my Brainstorm?
Yes. Because UR needs more toys...

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Yes. Because UR needs more toys...

It's a 4 mana do nothing enchantment. All the other UR enchantments made in the last forever (except for Fever, I guess?) have been unplayable.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

here's a random thing I want to talk about

I was introduced to mtg via commander, but the eternal format I'm most interested in now is legacy. part of the reason for that is because I find the content creators more enjoyable to watch/listen to than those of other formats. I especially really enjoy the legacy content created by brian coval (boshnroll) and phillip gallagher (thraben university) on Youtube. I like that their content is made specifically for Youtube and isn't just a rip of a recording from twitch.

A lot of content creators I've tried to watch fail to meet a specific criteria that I personally find essential to my enjoyment of watching mtg gameplay: thoughtful, skilled play which is communicated in-the-moment in an easily-grokkable manner. In fairness the cross section of skill magic players with skilled content creators is very slim, but this dearth is exacerbated by the fact that a lot of Youtube MTG gameplay content is recordings from twitch where they're clearly distracted and not playing the best they could, and it's just disappointing. (the other, softer criteria include: not having CoNtEnT cReAtOr voice, and playing bo3 and not bo1 (only a problem for mtga creators))

by the way, if there's any content creators people know of who fit that description, regardless of format (legacy, other eternal formats, standard, limited, whatever), definitely lemme know!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You asked this question before didn't you?
I know creators like Aspiring Spike were suggested did none of them pan out?
I feel like the you tube well if going to be very shallow because the good players just aren't there. They're on twitch.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Anuraag Das is pretty good, although I think his stuff is split between CFB and his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?anzidmtg

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

You asked this question before didn't you?
I know creators like Aspiring Spike were suggested did none of them pan out?
I feel like the you tube well if going to be very shallow because the good players just aren't there. They're on twitch.

in the other thread yes. aspiring spike is automatically disqualified for the reason I stated multiple times both in that post and this one: his content is twitch first, youtube second, and I don't care for that arrangement personally. I want content that has at least some post-production behind it

I've been searching and searching and god drat it I'm just gonna make this content myself if no one else will!!!

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

kalel posted:

I was introduced to mtg via commander, but the eternal format I'm most interested in now is legacy. part of the reason for that is because I find the content creators more enjoyable to watch/listen to than those of other formats. I especially really enjoy the legacy content created by brian coval (boshnroll) and phillip gallagher (thraben university) on Youtube. I like that their content is made specifically for Youtube and isn't just a rip of a recording from twitch.

A lot of content creators I've tried to watch fail to meet a specific criteria that I personally find essential to my enjoyment of watching mtg gameplay: thoughtful, skilled play which is communicated in-the-moment in an easily-grokkable manner. In fairness the cross section of skill magic players with skilled content creators is very slim, but this dearth is exacerbated by the fact that a lot of Youtube MTG gameplay content is recordings from twitch where they're clearly distracted and not playing the best they could, and it's just disappointing. (the other, softer criteria include: not having CoNtEnT cReAtOr voice, and playing bo3 and not bo1 (only a problem for mtga creators))

by the way, if there's any content creators people know of who fit that description, regardless of format (legacy, other eternal formats, standard, limited, whatever), definitely lemme know!

If you like Brian and Phil you probably should give their fellow co-host a try to with Bryant Cook: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheEPICStorm He is a bit more on the Content Creator side of things and I know he rubs some people the wrong way but he knows legacy combo really well.
Andrea Menguicci also makes some good stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwIFsLCPrc1NGoNS0OGn0mw he doesn't have his own channel but is part of Channel FireBall.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

kalel posted:

Do you like coverage at all? Or are you specifically looking for production value? There is (or was) the scg versus series which might be appropriate.

I personally am only interested in watching coverage whenever I can (paper preferably)

MOCS coverage is done on mtgo but is pretty good and has formats I like
The NRG series is one of the only events doing paper coverage especially for modern and legacy
Also the guerrilla coverage from scg Dallas was great (anzidmtg I think) and I hope to see more since scg isn’t doing actual coverage.

Modern bant humans review:

Deck feels meh, but having 4 meddling mage in the main really Carries the deck.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

Do you like coverage at all? Or are you specifically looking for production value? There is (or was) the scg versus series which might be appropriate.

I personally am only interested in watching coverage whenever I can (paper preferably)

MOCS coverage is done on mtgo but is pretty good and has formats I like
The NRG series is one of the only events doing paper coverage especially for modern and legacy
Also the guerrilla coverage from scg Dallas was great (anzidmtg I think) and I hope to see more since scg isn’t doing actual coverage.

you mean like casting? meh. Pro games are interesting to watch but casters quality varies widely. e.g. the Psully and Cedric duo are really fun but I really can't stand marshall Sutcliffe.

that doesn't scratch the itch for me though. really I just like to see competitive players (pro or not) talk through their own play in a focused manner. when I say production I mean the bare minimum beyond "I recorded a stream and put it on YouTube without editing." like talking about the deck beforehand, talking through their play without distraction, talking about decks in the context of the meta, light editing of dead air. there are actually a small handful of smaller content creators who do aim for this kind of content, but it's incredibly difficult to do *well*

basically I just wish there was a boshnroll/thrabenu for modern or pioneer or historic. I feeling like the more I talk about this the more I sound like a snot so I'll just shut up for now

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

I don’t really know creators who do this for entire formats, but for specific decks or archetypes, there are often people who create more in-depth YouTube content.
Maybe look for specific discords.

For example there is disgruntled elk who just uploaded a two-part video on his hammertime build.
Demonic Tutors has some good videos on Yawgmoth.

There’s also the people of cardmarket.com, but they are more focussed on beginners with their videos.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
e: nvm

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 20, 2022

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Reid Duke does pretty comprehensive discussion through his lines, but he's definitely semi-retired now but his yawgmoth videos are great.

Going to test UW hammer in the next little bit here. Will soon have more free time

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why is the Kappa deck not also playing Erayo?
(Also, lol, Cannoneer, sai, and emery are all in the same commander precon)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Wow do I ever loving hate playing hammer. Bad hands, worse mulligans, even shittier pilot (me)

On the upside, pauper tireless tribe making a return wit whiteout as the gush replacement on combo turns is absolute GAS and is 100% my jam. Very excited to try this:

https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=35875&d=470424&f=PAU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

On the upside, pauper tireless tribe making a return wit whiteout as the gush replacement on combo turns is absolute GAS and is 100% my jam. Very excited to try this:

https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=35875&d=470424&f=PAU

Nice

wish pauper was played at all in my area, but alas

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

kalel posted:

Nice

wish pauper was played at all in my area, but alas

I had to put a lot of work getting people into pauper in port and running leagues etc. try organizing some for fun pauper events locally and try to build it up. We finally got a local game store firing pauper once a week and decent sized paper leagues as well.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Mezzanon posted:

Wow do I ever loving hate playing hammer. Bad hands, worse mulligans, even shittier pilot (me)

Which version are you running? The deck needed to adapt to loosing Lurrus, but I’ve had a lot of success with a more protection focussed giver of runes + blacksmith skill version.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Can't decide what I want to play in modern this week between enchantress and belcher

Belcher is by far the better deck, but it's a free event and it's not like people will hate my deck less regardless of whether it's enchantress or belcher lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Can't decide what I want to play in modern this week between enchantress and belcher

Belcher is by far the better deck, but it's a free event and it's not like people will hate my deck less regardless of whether it's enchantress or belcher lol
The answer then is which ever brings you the most joy.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

The answer then is which ever brings you the most joy.

True, but I love both is the issue. Enchantress does my favorite thing in MTG, which is draw a bunch of cards. And Belcher is just plain fun because it's always fun flipping your deck at someone

Both decks draw a lot of hate for whatever reason. I'm not sure why because like.. if enchantress locks you out just move to game 2 or 3. They find the wincon eventually so unless you've got back to nature or something...

I guess in belcher's case though it's just people don't like getting combo'd out. Maybe I'll play belcher and hope to draw the Turn 0/1 this week.. still haven't gotten it in a real game

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Elvis_Maximus posted:

True, but I love both is the issue. Enchantress does my favorite thing in MTG, which is draw a bunch of cards. And Belcher is just plain fun because it's always fun flipping your deck at someone

Both decks draw a lot of hate for whatever reason. I'm not sure why because like.. if enchantress locks you out just move to game 2 or 3. They find the wincon eventually so unless you've got back to nature or something...

I guess in belcher's case though it's just people don't like getting combo'd out. Maybe I'll play belcher and hope to draw the Turn 0/1 this week.. still haven't gotten it in a real game

120 Card Yorion Enchantress Belcher.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

120 Card Yorion Enchantress Belcher.

:sickos:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Mezzanon posted:

I had to put a lot of work getting people into pauper in port and running leagues etc. try organizing some for fun pauper events locally and try to build it up. We finally got a local game store firing pauper once a week and decent sized paper leagues as well.

Kinda what happened at my store. One guy made a few decks and let people borrow them to play him. A couple more people made decks, and I ended up spending like $100 to buy everything I didn't have for like 4-5 meta decks. We ended up having about 8-10 people showing up every week to play pauper. It was right to the point the store was going to start supporting it, then 2020 happened and it hasn't recovered.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Kinda what happened at my store. One guy made a few decks and let people borrow them to play him. A couple more people made decks, and I ended up spending like $100 to buy everything I didn't have for like 4-5 meta decks. We ended up having about 8-10 people showing up every week to play pauper. It was right to the point the store was going to start supporting it, then 2020 happened and it hasn't recovered.

Ah yeah, that’ll happen. We’re all slowly stretching out here in Canada so everything is on the light upswing.

teppichporsche posted:

Which version are you running? The deck needed to adapt to loosing Lurrus, but I’ve had a lot of success with a more protection focussed giver of runes + blacksmith skill version.

It’s a pretty stock list except I’m using invisible stalker in the flex slots because it’s a cute pet card. I mulled to 4 a lot with an unsettling number of hands that had WW mana requirements and two saga’s as the only lands and then several games thy were locked up if I drew and equipment or equipment tutor. So lack of deck knowledge, poor draws, and bad mulligans were my downfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Decided to go with Belcher and chase the dragon of the T1 kill

Ended up being a pretty easy 3-1 where I faced murktide in the first round and just couldn't stick anything. Also I'd forgotten to put veils back in my sideboard so I had absolutely nothing

Played against twiddle storm round 2 that featured him conceding because he misread a card (I kept saying it was fine but they absolutely insisted) and I was just not paying attention, then they did the math wrong and lost to their own pact trigger.

Round 3 was vs Yawgmoth which is such a cool deck. Unfortunately it has no interaction that's particularly relevant to me and so basically any reasonable T3/4 hand wins the game super easily so yep. They did take game 2 though!

Round 4 was against good ole burn. G1 I went off on T3 after they had a frankly absurd hand and I had to bolt myself down to 2 to win, however they only had a lava dart in the yard and were tapped out. G2 they won through leylines by drawing like, an incredibly creature heavy hand and bolting themselves a bunch to speed up the clock which was honestly super sick. G3 I went off T3 again and got very lucky that they'd tapped out, because they brought in deflecting palm and I hadn't even considered them deflecting it back at me when I popped the belcher.

Afterwards the kid who actually finished in first really wanted to play against belcher for some reason. He was on UW hammer and I proceeded to lose the first game to an absolutely ridiculously fast hammer hand, then go off through a pithing needle G2. G3 he had a completely insane hand again but I literally killed him T2 so it absolutely didn't matter and he looked kinda sad.