Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yah no jacks right Yujiro the Giga Straight would never do that

Yujiro is a giga top, not a giga straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crespolini posted:

He happily lays down on his back. He would do whatever it takes.

And then he got extremely pissed when a guy made him look like a fool by leaving while he was laying on his back. I don't think Yujiro will be doing that again.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I had almost forgotten that Yujiro was raping dudes in this arc

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

And then he got extremely pissed when a guy made him look like a fool by leaving while he was laying on his back. I don't think Yujiro will be doing that again.

We agree he's learned from that, but not on the lesson he took from it. Regardless, time will tell.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm not sure this biting thing is really as big an innovation as Jack is making it out to be.

The man has apparently learned how to bite people with his rear end in a top hat, stop hatin.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It's precision biting, you bakas

He bites at the weakspots, like when he disarmed Sukune so he couldn't grab skeletons anymore

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
p.s: sukune died on the way to his sumo dojo

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Did anyone else forget that Jack actually used Shibukawa's aikido against Baki in the finals of the maximum tournament somehow? Not to discount biting but I feel like this guy might be kind of squandering his potential again.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Crespolini posted:

I feel Yujiro would gladly show his rear end in a top hat.

Yujiro's rear end in a top hat looks like an ogre face, screaming.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

my parents boyfriend posted:

Did anyone else forget that Jack actually used Shibukawa's aikido against Baki in the finals of the maximum tournament somehow? Not to discount biting but I feel like this guy might be kind of squandering his potential again.

Biting is stronger than aikido

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7iyl_zSlc

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

This.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Thoren
May 28, 2008
one more meme out of you, old man

and I will bite you!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oazNlU0A3Q&t=71s

timestamp

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fight Class?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Rewatching the anime I just remembered katsumi has retsus arm

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://mangadex.org/chapter/5b14f44a-44cf-4484-9d55-be0e7efd8f47/1

People on Reddit are having a lark with Yujiro's head on page 8.

The Nasu boulder thing is real, apparently it is supposed to have a 9-tailed fox demon in it. Fun! I can't find a photo reference that shows a person to scale and see if it's actually that big.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think I remember someone posting an image from 2chan where one poster joked about that stone breaking and then a couple days later it happened and people were in full panic. This is why you don't seal dangerous spirits in corporeal vessels.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I had a Baki themed dream and Kehaya turned out to be yet another jobber in it. Don’t get too excited

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kehaya is going to get his cheeks split open as hard as that rock he kicked

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lot of great yujiro faces in 125

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cool chapters but uh

Am i dumb and have a bad memory, who is this guy

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

mabels big day posted:

Cool chapters but uh

Am i dumb and have a bad memory, who is this guy

Shares a name with the other burly hairy sumo dude of olden times in the first few chapters of the series who got his spine kicked apart by the original Nomi-no-Sukune, so another successor or whatever because somehow we still aren't over the sumo angle quite just yet.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where are the links :mad:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

a rock broke, here's some sumo guy, i think he kicked it, here's him getting owned by yujiro, see you next week

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Yeah, breaking a boulder is pretty impressive compared to crushing coal into diamond with your bare hands

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The rock had evil spirits and curses in it. So it's much harder to break than a regular rock.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Aaaaand as expected he got completely owned by Yujiro, what an utter waste of a chapter/entire arc in general.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

entire arc?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

3 chapters for kick man
But the whole sumo arc is a disappointment.

At least we got Bite Jack

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I still say the only point of that was to have jack beat someone who beat oliva to prove he's at that level when jack biting oliva would have been a.much cooler fight

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The point of the arc was so that Itagaki could write about a powerful sumo man because he wanted to write about sumo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Spuckuk posted:

Aaaaand as expected he got completely owned by Yujiro, what an utter waste of a chapter/entire arc in general.

are you new to baki? Everyone gets owned by yujiro, it’s what yujiro is for

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Collapsing Farts posted:

are you new to baki? Everyone gets owned by yujiro, it’s what yujiro is for

Yujiro is the Hulk Hogan of the manga. He has creative control and way too much political clout back stage. When someone is acting up, they are gonna get jobbed to Yujiro.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Musashi never really jobbed to Yujiro. Granted, musashi got kicked in the balls, but there was a real question of who'd win in a fight.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Musashi got dunked on by Motobe

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I used that Yujiro face earlier as an avatar on discord btw
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

I only noticed this face showing up towards the end of son of ogre, think he drew doppo with that mouth multiple times during the final fight. And I hate seeing it every time.