Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Toys are important to help kids build up their imagination. I still love toys, because toys are cool.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line came out right as I entered puberty, so I was too embarrassed to collect them, but I thought they were awesome. That was a great toy line. One of my uncles worked at Playmates at the time, which I mentioned earlier in the thread, but we weren't super close, so I didn't get a ton of TMNT stuff from him. I did get a few things, which I regrettably sold to pay rent and buy alcohol during my dismal post-divorce years. Oh well.

I was born in 1977, so Star Wars toys were a huge part of my life, obviously, but I had a few He-Man toys too. I played with whatever I could get!

One of my neighbors had tons of G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K. stuff, which was fuckin' rad. My family couldn't afford that poo poo. Not much of it, anyway.

I loved Marshall Bravestarr toys too, even though I never watched the cartoon. Those things are awesome, but sort of fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
we need to bring back book belts

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

How fast was the lawyer from Archie Comics LLC on the phone?

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Szyznyk posted:

How fast was the lawyer from Archie Comics LLC on the phone?

Given the overall structure of Archie Comics LLC and Tower Comics, it was probably an internal phone call.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Who could have guessed what a runaway success that Tippy Teen and the Teeners was, changing the face of popular culture forever, and spawning that modern TV show Riverdale?

Who do you guys relate to most? Tippy? Go-Go? Animal? Tommy? Peggy?

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 16, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I want to think Lance O'Casey is just a typical drunken sailor who decided to use his barroom brawling prowess to fight crime because he was out of work due to the Depression.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

RoeCocoa posted:

Given the overall structure of Archie Comics LLC and Tower Comics, it was probably an internal phone call.

Going down the ol’ Wiki Wormhole it turns out Tower Publishing was known for soft core erotic fiction. Hopefully there’s some Fetty and Meronica lesbian slash fiction out there.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

FYI, this is William Daniels, better known as the voice of KITT from Knight Rider and Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjakiKlweAs

Created by Buck Henry

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Szyznyk posted:

Going down the ol’ Wiki Wormhole it turns out Tower Publishing was known for soft core erotic fiction. Hopefully there’s some Fetty and Meronica lesbian slash fiction out there.

Something is definitely happening with Peggy on that cover

Maybe that's a nickname...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nothing better than a good old fashioned coconut bonk.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Nothing better than a good old fashioned coconut bonk.

Yeah, you don't see that very often in a painting. I love it!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

widefault posted:

FYI, this is William Daniels, better known as the voice of KITT from Knight Rider and Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjakiKlweAs

Created by Buck Henry

Wow! I meant to look up who that guy was, but I got sidetracked looking at other things. Thanks!!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Better known as Dr Craig on St Elsewhere, if there were any justice in this world.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I never really watched that show. Night Court was my favorite TV show during that period (post-"CHiPs"/pre-Simpsons), except for the years Sledge Hammer! was on.

I watched a lot of fuckin' TV though. We got cable and a VCR when I was 7 or 8, and my parents never really policed what I watched, so I was really into R-rated movies on HBO/Showtime as a kid. It was fuckin' awesome, although my head did get filled with some stupid poo poo sometimes. LOL!!!

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 17, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I think I may have posted this issue before, but it was a different picture:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

There was a copy of this on ebay recently, but it sold for $80, which is too rich for my blood these days. I need a better paying job. Or cheaper van books to buy. LOL!!!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I'm so bummed that Robert Rodriguez' El Rey channel isn't around anymore. I fuckin' loved that poo poo. He is so underrated, as a director, and as a champion of the arts. It pisses me off that a loudmouth cokehead like Quentin Tarantino always gets more attention.

Before the pandemic I had a local punk/metal/hockey bar with Malort and pinball, the TVs tuned to El Ray and lovely projector showing local 70’s wrestling. loving paradise.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Remulak posted:

Before the pandemic I had a local punk/metal/hockey bar with Malort and pinball, the TVs tuned to El Ray and lovely projector showing local 70’s wrestling. loving paradise.

Paradise indeed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Paradise indeed.

Nice painting!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy posted:

Nice painting!

Yeah, even with the printing color separation not quite matched up, it looks good. I love those old painted covers on smutty mid-20th century paperbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013