Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I知 sure you already know this guy but if not, check out the art of Robert McGinnis

https://pulpcovers.com/tag/robertmcginnis/

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

we need to bring back book belts

Yes!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy posted:

I知 sure you already know this guy but if not, check out the art of Robert McGinnis

https://pulpcovers.com/tag/robertmcginnis/

He did quality work.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Is this why some people seem to know the names of characters who had about three minutes' screen time and no lines?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

gleebster posted:

Is this why some people seem to know the names of characters who had about three minutes' screen time and no lines?

That's how I learned a lot of their names.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix posted:

That's how I learned a lot of their names.

Well, heck. I mean, Star Wars was a good movie when I was 10, but come on, even I'm not that obsessive. *re-reads The Silmarillion*

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

gleebster posted:

Well, heck. I mean, Star Wars was a good movie when I was 10, but come on, even I'm not that obsessive. *re-reads The Silmarillion*

I've never been into fantasy books. I thought Lord of the Rings (the book) was terrible, although the movies and Ralph Bakshi cartoon were entertaining.

It's weird because I love that sort of stuff in other formats, but I prefer books based in reality. I like fantasy stuff in movies and cartoons and comics.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well you've gotta have lurid graphics for fantasy

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I've never been into fantasy books. I thought Lord of the Rings (the book) was terrible, although the movies and Ralph Bakshi cartoon were entertaining.

It's weird because I love that sort of stuff in other formats, but I prefer books based in reality. I like fantasy stuff in movies and cartoons and comics.

This is what I was saying: it's someone's thing, but not mine. I only just now realized the toys were where people came up with all these names for the obscure characters.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tag yerself. I'm Zuckuss.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I知 the boring rear end Power Droid

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Snowy posted:

I'm sure you have a fulfilling inner life.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Kenner milking Star Wars by making toys of every last character who was on screen for even a second is why many kids grew up to write 300 page novels about complete nobodies who turn out to be really awesome badasses.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

gleebster posted:

This is what I was saying: it's someone's thing, but not mine. I only just now realized the toys were where people came up with all these names for the obscure characters.

Different strokes for different folks. We don't all have to love the same stuff. Everybody should pick and choose what they like most, and go with that. I totally respect Tolkien, and fantasy readers, it's just not my thing.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy posted:

I love Power Droid.

I have several of them staring at me right now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh poo poo I never saw the big power droid before, that痴 cool

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I got that on ebay a couple of years ago. There's a toy company that makes giant sized replicas of old Star Wars toys. And that 70's Alien toy too, if I remember correctly.

Edit:

For the record, I think I paid $50 for the Power Droid because it had been opened, which I would have done anyway. Totally worth it.

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Apr 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013