Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/EricBana67/status/1515232860193828865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I thought he lived in America. What with being a big Hollywood star and all.

Didn't know he had come back to Aus.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I thought he lived in America. What with being a big Hollywood star and all.

Didn't know he had come back to Aus.

Apparently he's always been based in Melbourne

The ABC posted:

If it feels like Bana "returned home" in making The Dry (which blitzed the Australian box office when it opened on January 1 this year) in fact he never really left: the actor didn't move overseas when his career took off, and has stayed based in Melbourne, between projects.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Blues ain't poo poo without Cripps, heard it here first

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Very embarrassing, feel sorry for Port.

Blues for the flag.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ignore the scoreline

This is what matters

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Essendon are a very bad football team

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Are Freo legit this year?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I mean it's only Essendon so I'd say it's still an open question at this point.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

thepokey posted:

Essendon are a very bad football team

Yeah, they haven't been this bad in a long time. Rotten decision making all over the place.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

I mean it's only Essendon so I'd say it's still an open question at this point.

I mean yeah it does take an awful team to make Taberner to look like a superstar

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Are Freo legit this year?

Hard to tell after 5 rounds, but it'd be bonkers if they were already top 4 material with Fyfe out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Seems like we're heading for a season with an unusually weak top 4, all of last year's finalists bar Melbourne and Brisbane have slipped away to varying degrees, and nobody from outside the 8 seems to have made as much of a stride forward as you'd expect them to need to reach the top 4.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 17, 2022

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Seems like we're heading for a season with an unusually weak top 4, all of last year's finalists bar Melbourne and Brisbane have slipped away to varying degrees, and nobody from outside the 8 seems to have made as much of a stride forward as you'd expect them to need to reach the top 4.

Have you heard the good word about St Kilda, friend? :haibrow:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

harperdc posted:

Have you heard the good word about St Kilda, friend? :haibrow:

Melbourne and Cats in rounds 8 and 9 could be massive if the Saints don't poo poo the bed against GWS and Port before then.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This sport is broken - that Free to Hawkins was something else, then the 50 to top it off.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Diet Crack posted:

This sport is broken - that Free to Hawkins was something else, then the 50 to top it off.

And just now with Cameron, it’s pathetic

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Best win in a while. The kids look great.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Saints finish the round in the top 4 for the second week in a row :getin:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hawks!!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Tex Walker whinging about how he'd have been rubbed out for a month if he did what Cotching did. Cry me a river, racist. I have zero love for Cotchin but I guess when a racist is kicked I just... don't care?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I mean, whataboutism is always going to make you look a bit pathetic, especially when you're just coming off your own lengthy suspension for disgraceful poo poo, but it was a dirty as poo poo move from Cotchin. Toby Greene-eqsue.

Who cares what suspension Walker would have gotten for it, but any player doing it should probably get at least a week.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 19, 2022

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Yeah, Walker aside you shouldn't be able to kick people without a big penalty.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If punching nazis is good (it is) then so is kicking taylor walker

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ethanmeldrum_/status/1515992100315500544

This should be a week

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Top of the table clash Fremantle v Carlton

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The AFL are also cracking the shits because Walker called the integrity of the Match Review Officer into question.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

He's right

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

He's right

Oh absolutely, the message is just coming from the worst possible person. It was a studs up kick into the side of the knee, clear as day. It should absolutely be a month on the sidelines for how much damage it could potentially cause.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
He also said it in a stupid way, saying if it was him he'd have been suspended for a month.

The problem is not that Walker would have been suspended for a month, it's that anyone trying to sprig an opponent should be wiped out for multiple matches. The AFL has form in contriving MRP outcomes to protect the top echelon of players and this is yet another example.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Goodwin in a press conference talked about how they are advising players on "keeping your arms in close". They are literally COACHING players about how to avoid giving away 50s for dissent through physical behaviour, knowing that it's impossible to not have a natural reaction to bad decisions.

What a loving joke.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
So Eddie's thing about getting rid of goal umpires and having two umpires near the goals, is that as dumb as it sounds?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
They just need to bring their arms close in front like the guys on the Sopranos when they say, "why you breakin' my balls?"

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gabensraum posted:

They just need to bring their arms close in front like the guys on the Sopranos when they say, "why you breakin' my balls?"

🤌

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Just tape their arms by their sides and make it soccer with an egg ball.

Honestly it is so loving stupid. I understand wanting to take a harder line against verbal abuse and clearly physical touching is out. But throwing your arms up is a natural reaction. Its usually something done before a decision is made. What happens when a player has literally done nothing wrong but a free kick is paid against his team and he throws his arms up - turns out the free kick was down field for something but then because of "arguing" it becomes 50 and the player closest to the action had zero way of knowing it wasn't a terrible call made against him?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
In pretty much all cases I've seen where a 50m has been paid, it's been when the player has looked for the replay on the big screen, and then turned back to the umpire afterwards and thrown their arms out as if to say "See that replay? You made a bad call!"

If that's what they're looking to stamp out, they should make it clear. That is a very specific kind of dissention that frankly, we could live without. But just saying "arms out is a 50m penalty" is foolish. It's impossible to apply that standard consistently without opening yourself up for constant ridicule.

Timbits
Dec 25, 2004
This account was the best Christmas present ever.

Oh, how I love deep square leg!

thepokey posted:

Tex Walker whinging about how he'd have been rubbed out for a month if he did what Cotching did. Cry me a river, racist. I have zero love for Cotchin but I guess when a racist is kicked I just... don't care?

thepokey posted:

Adelaide celebrating Tex Walker coming back like its a grand comeback from an ACL or something, gently caress off.

The next step in addressing Tex's racism is to drop him from your fantasy team :D

Also, I quite like Freo but you can't say they've arrived when the best team they've played so far is GWS.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Timbits posted:

Also, I quite like Freo but you can't say they've arrived when the best team they've played so far is GWS.

St. Kilda*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

Just tape their arms by their sides and make it soccer with an egg ball.

Honestly it is so loving stupid. I understand wanting to take a harder line against verbal abuse and clearly physical touching is out. But throwing your arms up is a natural reaction. Its usually something done before a decision is made. What happens when a player has literally done nothing wrong but a free kick is paid against his team and he throws his arms up - turns out the free kick was down field for something but then because of "arguing" it becomes 50 and the player closest to the action had zero way of knowing it wasn't a terrible call made against him?

The player could choose not to do so even if they did believe they were on the wrong end of a free kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Timbits posted:

The next step in addressing Tex's racism is to drop him from your fantasy team :D

As a coach, I see things differently. Fantasy Tex is a nice man

thepokey fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 22, 2022