Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
In my parents CostCo I saw something called “Healthy Noodles” in the chillers; looked like precooked soy noodles. Are these good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
They're similar to the shiritaki noodles you can find at Asian or health food stores. They are on the chewy side and have little to no flavor. They're low carb if that's your bag.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I saw hearts of palm spaghetti at my Costco today, and definitely did not buy it.

Our costco's got some weird stuff (DC area)

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Gravitee posted:

They're similar to the shiritaki noodles you can find at Asian or health food stores. They are on the chewy side and have little to no flavor. They're low carb if that's your bag.

They’re good with Costco pesto and powdered Parmesan I’m eating a bowl of them at this moment.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
The giant bag of Cadbury cream eggs I bought for Easter 2 weeks ago did NOT last until Easter

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I enjoy Costco.

Just thought I would tell you all.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I took the Pendleton picnic blanket on a picnic Friday and two other people next to us each had the same one in the same color :buddy: :hfive:

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

You all should start a church group.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Cozmosis posted:

This stuff sucks, IMO. I desperately wanted it to be good - but the bread is tasteless and the cheese isn't great.

Agreed, I ended up throwing the 2nd one away.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does Costco still do Passport photos? Even in tyool 2022 with the photo center gone?

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Tell me of the Honolulu Costco. I won't have a rental car. Is it worth trying to Lyft for a visit?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tricky Ed posted:

Tell me of the Honolulu Costco. I won't have a rental car. Is it worth trying to Lyft for a visit?

We went to the one in Kona and it was fun just to see all the local/different stuff available. It’s the only Costco on the big island and was insanely busy. I’m guessing it’s the only one on Oahu and will be similarly busy.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tricky Ed posted:

If you’re staying at a place that has a kitchen it’s definitely worth it.

I saw a tiny gecko on a surfboard there.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just before the exit/receipt check?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

large hands posted:

The giant bag of Cadbury cream eggs I bought for Easter 2 weeks ago did NOT last until Easter

Today I found Cadbury cream eggs from last Easter in the back of the cupboard. They were fine.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Hed posted:

Does Costco still do Passport photos? Even in tyool 2022 with the photo center gone?

I went there this past Saturday for passport photos, I was informed that they no longer do it.

I did get a hot dog and churro there though.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I guess it was actually the Kapolei Costco which is pretty close to Honolulu. Either way it was awesome to stock up on poké and bottles of koloa rum cocktail.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hed posted:

Yeah the last time I needed them done they had stopped. This was a few years ago too.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Kaddish posted:

We went to the one in Kona and it was fun just to see all the local/different stuff available. It’s the only Costco on the big island and was insanely busy. I’m guessing it’s the only one on Oahu and will be similarly busy.

I stayed on Kauai for 2 weeks in 2012 and the costco there was not only super nice for stocking up the place we were staying, it was great for take homes. We were eating various types of macadamia nuts for months.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

I stayed on Kauai for 2 weeks in 2012 and the costco there was not only super nice for stocking up the place we were staying, it was great for take homes. We were eating various types of macadamia nuts for months.

I'm going to Kauai in two weeks and will definitely be hitting that one up.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm going to Kauai in two weeks and will definitely be hitting that one up.

It's a loving rad island. We're hitting our 10 year anniversary this year and I wish COVID (im immunocompromised) wasn't a thing so we could spend our 10th there. Hope you hit up some of the many cool hikes.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Costco in Hawaii is also great for loading up on wine and other booze. My family pretty much only drank booze from Costco during our weeklong trip there many years ago.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I've accidentally killed my regular blender by using it on hot things, so I'm looking at immersion blenders. I can go to my local warehouse and pick up the Braun MultiQuick 7 piece hand blender kit or I can order the Vitamix immersion blender. The Braun is on sale for $80 (down from $100), the Vitamix is $120, and those are reasonable price ranges to me. Anyone have experience with either?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have no experience with either, but I have a $30 piece of poo poo immersion blender and it works like an absolute charm and I have no complaints. I feel like it's one of those tools that's pretty hard to gently caress up, my cheap one works so well I can't imagine a world where it's performance can be any better that will justify 4x the price.

So I think your decision will be decided based off which one has more relevant extra attachments, because if your only goal is to liquify a bowl of soup on the stove then I wouldn't bother with either.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

NewFatMike posted:

I've accidentally killed my regular blender by using it on hot things, so I'm looking at immersion blenders. I can go to my local warehouse and pick up the Braun MultiQuick 7 piece hand blender kit or I can order the Vitamix immersion blender. The Braun is on sale for $80 (down from $100), the Vitamix is $120, and those are reasonable price ranges to me. Anyone have experience with either?

I have a Braun that I’m not sure is the identical model but it does allow you to adjust the speed with the trigger. Bought it based on a Wirecutter recommendation and haven’t had any issues with it.

Beware that it’s incredibly easy to overheat the motor on these things. Run it for short bursts and give it a long time to cool down.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

NewFatMike posted:

get a cheap immersion blender and save up for a vitamix blender that you can't kill

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Renegret posted:

I have no experience with either, but I have a $30 piece of poo poo immersion blender and it works like an absolute charm and I have no complaints. I feel like it's one of those tools that's pretty hard to gently caress up, my cheap one works so well I can't imagine a world where it's performance can be any better that will justify 4x the price.

So I think your decision will be decided based off which one has more relevant extra attachments, because if your only goal is to liquify a bowl of soup on the stove then I wouldn't bother with either.

:same:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cheap immersion blender go brrrrrr

then you have liquid instead of solid. Dont know what spending the other $90 gets ya unless one of them fancy attachments sucks ur dick or something

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Id be warry of sticking my dick around an immersion blender tho, no matter what the price

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you give me $120 I'll give you a $30 immersion blender and suck your dick this is how I get around anti prostitution laws.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Alucard posted:

I saw hearts of palm spaghetti at my Costco today, and definitely did not buy it.

Our costco's got some weird stuff (DC area)

Is that the Market Place one up on the border? That one is absolutely weird but also sells huge things of liquor so it evens out imo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got a real good empty box from Costco the other day. Usually just get the 3 sides boxes or the huge & shallow ones. This one is double walled and has handles, not too big, not too small (it's the norwegian sliced salmon box).

I was excited about the box. I have saved the box to use for ferrying heavy things up and down the stairs. I dream about different ways I can use the box.

I feel like I have mentally morphed into a depression era 80 year old.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bird with big dick posted:

I got a real good empty box from Costco the other day. Usually just get the 3 sides boxes or the huge & shallow ones. This one is double walled and has handles, not too big, not too small (it's the norwegian sliced salmon box).

I was excited about the box. I have saved the box to use for ferrying heavy things up and down the stairs. I dream about different ways I can use the box.

I got a second hand potato salad carton that originated from Costco. It was 3 sided, very sturdy, and had a slight cutout on one side. I flipped it upside down and my cat loved it, sadly I left it behind when I moved because I didn't know how rare a box like that is.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

You can even take the box back with you to Costco and get all your stuff loose and put it in the box in your car!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This is my box. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My box is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

Without me, my box is useless. Without my box, I am useless.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Here's a potential game changer. Most costco boxes fit in the large blue Ikea bags, giving you convenient carrying handles and straps

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

My box is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

oh my that's quite the box

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah that's a good box

My good boxes usually get stolen by my cats

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Fill it with some Norwegian smoked salmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The boxes that the cashews and mixed nuts come in are very very good for holding a rotisserie chicken. The raspberry boxes might actually be a perfect fit for chickens but I can't remember for sure, they might be barely on the small side.